I Just Got Spam By A Dis Member. But Lava Boy Saves the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am just plain dense today.

You have to hit accept multiple times for a trade to go through. How people get things stolen from them, I just am completely missing.

Was it a 2 window trade? That's the only thing I can figure out.

I am asking so that others can learn what happened and not have it happen to them.

I believe what they are saying happened is that this person came in to do the trade and they were supposed to be using a CL, but the CL was using a guest account. The CL was going to come in and do the trade as a guest. So the guest was the 'go-between' that was supposed to be a CL helping to "watch over" the trade. Probaby was supposed to 'hold' the items, to be checked by the person who was actually doing the trade, and then give Jeffcat the stich hat after all was confirmed. But the guest was not a CL and did not trade them the hat. Is this correct?

You mean it was all PhotoShopped? Or that the shots were somehow taken out of context? Oh for Pete's Sake, this is more pathetic than I suspected. :headache: Either way, my blood pressure's going up more by the minute. :mad:

Really boy, GROW UP! Use the conscience you were born with and stop pulling stunts like this. I don't know if your MO is to impress people with all of your "wealth", but if it is, gee, how well has THAT worked out for you? You've got a board full of people who now don't trust you and wouldn't want to be your friend in game or in real life because of that lack of trust and the fact that you're cheating people out of hard earned things that are THEIRS. Not yours, theirs. So what have you accomplished, really? Sure, you have rare things, but they're things that don't even really exist! What about integrity? What about respect for others and yourself? I pray that you find the meaning of those things and right your wrongs. All the things, money, or fame in life is worth NOTHING without integrity. :sad2:

Sorry to hear that you were scammed like that. I hope that you will get your items returned.

Yes, it was more than one window full.

Thanks. That's the part that was not clear (to me anyway). And I think needed to be stated for ppl to follow what happened.

It's the major problem with ever doing a trade that is more than 1 window.

If you HAVE to do so, ONLY with someone both parties 100% trusts.

It's a sad sad sad statement when it can be seen what ppl will do to acquire pixels.

And all I would say about "who" is to caution ppl not to assume anything until they know themselves for a fact.

I am just "done" reading about players suckering others out of stuff. It's a game people. And it's fake stuff at that. Really, you cant take it with you.

You mean it was all PhotoShopped? Or that the shots were somehow taken out of context? Oh for Pete's Sake, this is more pathetic than I suspected. :headache: Either way, my blood pressure's going up more by the minute. :mad:

Really boy, GROW UP! Use the conscience you were born with and stop pulling stunts like this. I don't know if your MO is to impress people with all of your "wealth", but if it is, gee, how well has THAT worked out for you? You've got a board full of people who now don't trust you and wouldn't want to be your friend in game or in real life because of that lack of trust and the fact that you're cheating people out of hard earned things that are THEIRS. Not yours, theirs. So what have you accomplished, really? Sure, you have rare things, but they're things that don't even really exist! What about integrity? What about respect for others and yourself? I pray that you find the meaning of those things and right your wrongs. All the things, money, or fame in life is worth NOTHING without integrity. :sad2:

AWESOME POST!!! Also very true.
Unfortunately, he is not the only one.

Exactly. No one goes from having nothing and a month later brags about how much stitch, sparrow and inferno he has.

But if you think about who is to blame? The players dont make things rare, vmk does. Greed drives ppl. I think they should release everything and stop this trading frenzie. Because if you think he is the only one, your very wrong.
Stop the rare..........stop the host and staff favorites vmk. Enough is enough.

Yea I remember this person coming to us one morning like 2 months ago saying how he traded everything he had for Inferno. Then like a week later he was wearing his inferno, stitch, sparrow and several rare pins. Then like another week later. He's got a room full of pirate quest and talking about how he has like 5 stitch hats and several sparrow costumes. Then all his eye pins and his 5 star inferno and Green flips.
Even though the person isn't the sharpest tool in the shed to make a trade without having the goods be traded at the same time. It still is a scam, why doesn't vmk think so? I dont get it!!

Oh and by the way........ this scammer was on my friend list up until a week or so ago when he messaged me saying he was leaving vmk for the summer.
(( Rolls eyes)) yea right.. he's going to be doing the same scams just under a new title.

Infact this past week there has been this character trying to get on Robs and my friend list, acting like he knows us and we've never seen him before. We saw this same person yesterday being accused of scamming a girl out of her rare for stitch.
I hope vmk really takes a look into this guy and bans his computer and all the characters made with that IP.

Yeah...last month this guy took my friends stitch and sparrow. Said he was going to give his inferno on the second trade window.:guilty:

Hugs, Jeffcat!

People that scam things from people, or help others to scam, are worth dirt!

There is something to do about all these scams! Nobody can "steal" your stuff without your participation.

1) Only do trades that can be completed in one transaction.
2) Do not lend anything to anybody that you would be sad to lose.
3) Take your time and confirm each time all the items in the trade.

While I generally follow these rules myself, if you want certain items such as Inferno, beta, Stitch hat, Eye pin, etc, most of the time, you have to do multiple trade windows. It is the fault of both the players and vmk.

VMK is at fault by making items so rare. The players are at fault for being willing to trade away so much to get one item.

Exactly. No one goes from having nothing and a month later brags about how much stitch, sparrow and inferno he has.
This is my thought, too. I've been playing since September '05 and I still don't have Inferno, Stitch hat, most beta, green flips or Sparrow. Anyone that has so much of those items that just started playing gets them by:
a: getting very lucky in many trades
b: getting lucky by having a very large family or group that does not play VMK booking a trip to DLR and ends up getting a ton of Stitch collecitons
c: having some very in-game rich friends giving them lots of free stuff
d: scamming people out of their items.

I think they should release everything and stop this trading frenzie. Because if you think he is the only one, your very wrong.
Stop the rare..........stop the host and staff favorites vmk. Enough is enough.
Yes.:thumbsup2

I hope vmk really takes a look into this guy and bans his computer and all the characters made with that IP.
Unfortunately, if this person knows how to change his IP, this really won't help. :(

I am so sorry this incident happened to you. I also thought the original "Lily gave it to me" story was extremely suspicious and doubtful, expecially since VMK would not even honor Mal's loss - Mal, who is our trusted leader! I know VMK knows who she is.

I am so sorry . . .

This is just down right disgusting! he's still going at it! People like him make me sick.

Just incase he's reading this right now, i'd like to have a little talk with you:

So, how do you feel after you have just scammed somebody ouut of their stuff? Are you happy? Happy that you just got something totally valuable in a virtual game? Knowing you just crushed somebody's heart and possibly making them cry? How do you sleep at night? Do you dream of sweet little birdies...or scamming MORE ppl? hmm well if you're ok with all of that, you need to go to the store and buy a heart. let me put this into perspective for you:

A young 5 year old girl just went to Disney World for the 1st time. imagine the smiles she had, having the time of her life, in the Magical place we all love. She happens to come across VMK Central, and joins VMK! Yippee! she can bring the wonderful life of Disney home with her! She gets home and her mommy helps her sign up. Her mom doesn't know much about vmk, bc she had never played herself. So she let's her little bundle of joy play on the computer while she sits next to her and reads a book, not really paying attention to what she is doing on the game. The girl had gotten a code from going to disney, a special code, infact, a very VALUABLE code. Stitch is now in her possesion! It looks so pretty on her character. Then YOU come along, a disgusting little boy who likes pixels over integrity. You scam her out of her stitch hat, and all of her pretty items that she loved with all her little heart. You crushed her. Her Disney Dreams ruined. Crying her own little heart out. Her mother doesn't want her playing the game anymore, bc it caused her so much misery. See that? you LITERALLY ruined this little 5 year old's dreams. CRUSHED them to smitherines.

You can affect a person's life by the little things that you do. I hope you take all this to heart, and realize all that you've done. That is, if you have one.

Normally, I'd be trying to provide some comic relief here. If I am correct in guessing who the scammer is, the final verdict could go either way. He sounds like he's a big favorite among staff members and probably thinks he can get away with a scam, even when it's this low. That's the funniest thing here.

Cough. Cough. Cough. :mad:

Yea I remember this person coming to us one morning like 2 months ago saying how he traded everything he had for Inferno. Then like a week later he was wearing his inferno, stitch, sparrow and several rare pins. Then like another week later. He's got a room full of pirate quest and talking about how he has like 5 stitch hats and several sparrow costumes. Then all his eye pins and his 5 star inferno and Green flips.
Even though the person isn't the sharpest tool in the shed to make a trade without having the goods be traded at the same time. It still is a scam, why doesn't vmk think so? I dont get it!!

Oh and by the way........ this scammer was on my friend list up until a week or so ago when he messaged me saying he was leaving vmk for the summer.
(( Rolls eyes)) yea right.. he's going to be doing the same scams just under a new title.

Infact this past week there has been this character trying to get on Robs and my friend list, acting like he knows us and we've never seen him before. We saw this same person yesterday being accused of scamming a girl out of her rare for stitch.

Well like we suspect, Im positive this person trying to get on our friends list is the same one we are discussing here.

SO ppl beware of someone anxious to get on your list, acting like they know you. Im sure they do. Its him. Hmm isnt he just the "COMIC" lol

I am now disgusted!!! For making a fake scam and having ppl sympathise for him!! That is so so low. I can't believe that this has happened. What scum!!!!!!!!!! i am sorry that i actually had a small thought that he was innocent. Now i regret that i had ever saw good in him. He is no enemy number one in my book. I am disgusted. :mad: :mad: :mad: I am so so so sorry that this low life stole from you .

Something tells me this person is dispursing all his goodies to other unknown peeps this evening...

When i was new i looked up to him... i just glad i didnt turn out like him .. i just dont understand how somebody can be so mean and fake.... and about him dispursing his goodies i hope nobody wants his dirty rare items : (

When i was new i looked up to him... i just glad i didnt turn out like him .. i just dont understand how somebody can be so mean and fake.... and about him dispursing his goodies i hope nobody wants his dirty rare items : (

I think she means among his many mules. Sad. Very sad.

Yes I did.

I have seen another mule of this person before, its very similar to his title, and he had told me it was him on his mule. However, i doubt he would use the account since it is so similar to his title. PM me if you would like to know the title.

- IliketheTitanic

"VIP" players should never be looked up to, simply because it's a little pathetic to be idolizing someone who does well in a virtual life. The reason that this player thinks he can get away with this, I think, is because players do idolize him and he is a favorite among staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter