I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to apply for the Chase Ink Cash and it asks for Legal Business Name. Do I just put my name if that’s what my business is under?

Yes, if applying as Sole Proprietor use just your First and Last name for the Bus. Name, the same as you entered for yourself. Don't add anything to it unless you have legal or government forms to back it up. When it asks for Tax ID, that's your SSN (unless you were applying with an EIN, but most people use SSN)

No :( I'm having a hard time finding a bank account I can fund with an Amex. I did Memory already for $500 so that one may still be available.

would avoid amex anyways... dont we have someone in here that funded with amex and is told that that $500 doesnt count towards MSR?

would avoid amex anyways... dont we have someone in here that funded with amex and is told that that $500 doesnt count towards MSR?

Oh, no, I missed that. I did $500 for Memory Bank to meet MSR but I certainly don't want any issues with Amex.

Forgot about that. I don’t MS so I forget about all the ‘rules’ when I consider it. Then I go back to not MSing. At least I’m $1200 into my 5k SPG Lux spend. I upgraded 2 weeks ago. Got a letter today that demand exceeded their supply of Lux cards so I won’t be getting one for a while.

Yes, if applying as Sole Proprietor use just your First and Last name for the Bus. Name, the same as you entered for yourself. Don't add anything to it unless you have legal or government forms to back it up. When it asks for Tax ID, that's your SSN (unless you were applying with an EIN, but most people use SSN)

Thank you! This makes sense. I am comparing the 3 Chase business cards (Ink, cash, and cash unlimited) and 1 Question I’m not sure I’m straight on is do all give you the % back in CASH? For instance, the Chase Ink cash cards are 5% for certain categories or 1.5 unlimited and Ink preferred is 3% for travel. It seems as though the Ink 3% is only for travel and is 1% if converted to cash, but the actual 1 1/2 % or 5% for cash back with the Ink Cash cards. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thank you! This makes sense. I am comparing the 3 Chase business cards (Ink, cash, and cash unlimited) and 1 Question I’m not sure I’m straight on is do all give you the % back in CASH? For instance, the Chase Ink cash cards are 5% for certain categories or 1.5 unlimited and Ink preferred is 3% for travel. It seems as though the Ink 3% is only for travel and is 1% if converted to cash, but the actual 1 1/2 % or 5% for cash back with the Ink Cash cards. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Any of the Chase Ink cards will redeem the points in cash at 1%. The difference is in the *earning* rate.

Despite the names, they all earn UR points. So when they say 5% cash back at Office Supply stores for the Ink Cash (a.k.a CIC), you'd get 5x UR points which can be redeemed for cash at the 1 cpp rate. My $100 toner cartridge from Office Depot earned me 500 UR. Since it's a Cash Back card it doesn't have any enhanced redemption values or options, all redemption options are at the 1 cpp value. You can redeem for cash deposit, a statement credit, turn it into GC's, or buy travel through the portal all at 1cpp - so my 500 UR is worth $5 regardless of redemption method. The Ink Unlimited (CIU) earns at 1.5x UR on everything, and the Ink Preferred (CIP) earns 3x UR on travel, shipping, internet, etc. as you mentioned.

The CIP is a premium card and gives an additional benefit - access to transfer your UR to travel partners and redeem the UR for an enhanced value on travel purchases if done through Chase. So if my internet bill is $100, I earn 300 UR on it. That 300 UR is worth $3 if I cash it out, take a statement credit, or turn it into GC's. But if I redeem it through the CIP UR portal, that 300 UR is worth $3.75 (1.25 x 300).

An additional feature Chase has is transferring, or combining, points within their UR cards. So you can earn 5x UR on purchases with your CIC, then transfer that UR to the CIP to get the enhanced redemptions getting a better value for the same purchase. For example, I take my 500 UR from my toner purchase, transfer it to my CIP with my 300 UR from internet purchase for a combined total of 800 UR. Now I can redeem that for travel through the CIP portal and get $10 of value. Hopefully that helps and didn't confuse more :)

(you can also do this between personal and business cards, I just used the biz cards as an example. I transferred my CIC points to my CSR to get a 1.5 value from them)

Yes. Once the statement closes the points are added to the balance.

Would this go for business as well? My 2nd statement for the CIU closed on the 12th of this month and spending requirement has been met on this statement. So just give it some time I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter