I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, just activate it. You can save offers by tapping the star by the offer. That 'saves' it but it does not activate it (or 'link' it). I'm not sure why you would save offers but I did that with a few early on and then got confused that I hadn't actually activated them.
Oh ok. Thank you! I never noticed the stars.

I opened my Chase SW Premier mid-Sept, 2017. When can I expect to see the AF post? I thought it would be there. My next statement period ends Oct. 17.

Mostly posts the first of the month following card open, so should see it Oct 1. But if you check the last statement or two there should be a message that states when the fee will post.

I opened my Chase SW Premier mid-Sept, 2017. When can I expect to see the AF post? I thought it would be there. My next statement period ends Oct. 17.
Your annual fee with Chase will post on the first day of the month following your anniversary date. So for you that will be 10/1/2018.

This was a thought provoking question and I appreciate your asking and everyone who's answered.

I'm sort of surprising myself when I truly think about it. I only have 4 keepers and NONE are ones I have currently in my wallet:

I have a CapOne card that's older than dirt and a Chase Disney that is at least 12 or 13 years old. So I will absolutely keep these two no fee cards that keep my AAoA higher.

Then I have 2 DiscoverIt cards which are no fee and one if not two quarters I am able to max both of them out...so I will keep those as well.

Everything else, I realized, is always up for review.

I love my AmexPlat (personal and biz) but if there comes a day when I no longer need the "extras" or am not traveling as much, that could change.

I like my Amex Delta Plat (personal and biz) but again, if I don't fly as much in the future (heaven forbid!) or we moved back to Texas where United or American has a larger footprint, then I'd dump them.

Even my Amex EDP, which I thought I would always keep is up for discussion if the PRG changes go through (whoo hoo, Hilton Aspire anyone?).

So, what's in my wallet right now?

EDP and CFU. I'm working on SPG Lux MSR but most of my spend is on my computer :)

Happy weekend everyone!

Yes, even in my post when I posted my keepers that I use - I pretty much only swipe my Arrival+ with any regularity. I keep it and my license on the back of my phone. I keep a spare credit card in my wallet, plus a slew of debit cards including Target. Target debit is probably my second used card these days.

Shhh...Was doing survey's today and got one about a potential Citi card that is basically the CSR but with TY points. Only differences is it gives 2x on gym/fitness centers and how they do the PP access. I don't think they have anything like this, but Citi isn't really on my radar aside from what I read in here.

Don't remember which survey site I got it off, but it was a site, not something through Citi. Also had one about Chase bank account but not anything that would be of benefit to people here as it had a fee and is for those with trouble managing money.

Shhh...Was doing survey's today and got one about a potential Citi card that is basically the CSR but with TY points. Only differences is it gives 2x on gym/fitness centers and how they do the PP access. I don't think they have anything like this, but Citi isn't really on my radar aside from what I read in here.

Don't remember which survey site I got it off, but it was a site, not something through Citi. Also had one about Chase bank account but not anything that would be of benefit to people here as it had a fee and is for those with trouble managing money.

new card? the CSR TYP card is the Prestige... which right now, they dont know what to do with it right now. lol
its currently cannot sign up and u cant product change to this card.

i think the rumor was that they wanted out of the premium card market but it sounds like the prestige will still be around.

new card? the CSR TYP card is the Prestige... which right now, they dont know what to do with it right now. lol
its currently cannot sign up and u cant product change to this card.

i think the rumor was that they wanted out of the premium card market but it sounds like the prestige will still be around.

The survey wanted to know whether the benefits made you want to sign up for it or not. I can't remember if that survey asked specifically which cards I already had or just the issuers but unless you were already into TY points and wanted a premium card why would you want it? I thought TY points were harder to accumulate so I would tend to stay with what I have or go for something like the Aspire or an MSR card. Plus it was all exactly the same as CSR except for the two things I mentioned above. Though if they can be redeemed for Disney and Chase doesn't bring that back then the extra redemption with the TY portal might be tempting for some.

WHat do I do now? I did the form,and it said 'we are unable to deliver your credit file online' (!!!!!!!) starting to panic here but what is going on? I can't call without ds right here,I need his permission. they say to call their 800 # to request it....WTH is going on here?
In my case, there was absolutely no reason for the error. The rep told me that she didn't know how to fix the problem with my file & would have to escalate the case to a supervisor. I had already been on the phone for over 30 minutes in what for me was the middle of the night so I told her I'd like to speak to a supervisor myself rather than wait for a callback that I was 99.9% sure would never come. I immediately faxed in the documentation they were asking for, had the supervisor confirm receipt & could access my file online in the morning. I think they crossed my file with someone else's but didn't want to admit it. It seems like a really shoddy operation over there.

Yes! This is why my purse is a muggers wet dream right now, I've got a couple hundred in GC's (because if I leave some at home invariably that's when I want to use them), like 12 credit cards, a couple debit cards and all 3 check books! I don't usually carry the check books or debit cards, but as I needed to use one it went in the purse and never came out :) I have to be more diligent about pulling everything out and putting it back in the safe. Same with the CC's, there's a few that don't get used regularly so they're supposed to go in the safe but it always feels like I'm abandoning them :laughing:

Although this was a good wake up call so I've got a reminder to do the clean out tonight. (What a fun and exciting Friday night, hehe)

I cleaned mine out and just carry a very small bag now that fits a few small things. I'm carrying ID, medical cards and as of this past week, my 4 amex cards, Amtrak, Costco Citi and Freedom. Once I've put a few dollars on 3 of the amex cards, I'll keep the personal in there to do the promo. All gift cards are at home as most of them are Disney and the ones that aren't will get added into my bag if I need them that day. I was carrying an over size bag with my small purse tucked into it and still will do this when I need to carry paperwork. Despite the fact that all this sounds fairly organized, even this small bag gets stuffed with receipts when I shop and my cards got out of order today, so it still has to be reorganized to keep it neat.

Here is the wallet I need! I had no idea they made wallets just for churners :D

ETA: I can just imagine the looks of people as I open this up at the grocery store to get the right card :rotfl:

my good friend was looking for a new wallet and discovered parachute material wallet. they show that this kind of wallet is super thin so u can fit a lot of cards. Someone was bragging of having like 15 cards...
some random bypasser was like so what, i got 2 wallets with 20 cards in each. lol.

if ur interested in parachute wallet...

Last edited:
This is an awesome list. Sadly a lot of those cards wouldn't work for me right now because I am in travel planning purgatory with my family's inability to know when we all (or some, even) will be able to travel. So booking award tickets is pretty much out -- mostly I book airfare 2-3 weeks in advance (which makes UR points very valuable but specific airline points not so much). Same for hotel points -- we are going to WDW/USO this December, but on-site hotels are part of the magic for us.

I have quite a few more but they are on the to be evaluated each year. The list I provided are the ones I am between 95%-100% sure will never be canceled. Now, I don't put spend on all of them. Most stay in a drawer.

Interesting that AmEx Blue Biz has shown up a lot. It was not really on my radar before, and I'm not sure it's worth possibly angering the AmEx gods at this moment (I probably would risk that only for the 100k Plat offer) but I'm writing it down to consider next year after I cancel 2-3 AmEx cards.

That makes sense. If airline miles are out then some great keeper cards to consider would be Citi Double Cash, Barclay Arrival Plus, Cap One Venture.

Keep and use are two different things – of the keepers I actually use ($574 AF of the keepers).

Chase United MileagePlus Explorer – primary car rental insurance and Chase hotel collection (this card has been used very sparingly this year)

Amex PRG – with the new categories coming, even better

Barclays Arrival+ - my current ride or die. Easy redemption for anything travel basically

Barclays Uber – my only cash back card - no AF.

Amex Delta Plat – companion pass

Quite a few of my keepers are cards that I don't use. I'm thinking of picking up the Amex PRG toward the end of the year. It may be replacing my CSR for dining.

This was a thought provoking question and I appreciate your asking and everyone who's answered.

I'm sort of surprising myself when I truly think about it. I only have 4 keepers and NONE are ones I have currently in my wallet:

I have a CapOne card that's older than dirt and a Chase Disney that is at least 12 or 13 years old. So I will absolutely keep these two no fee cards that keep my AAoA higher.

Then I have 2 DiscoverIt cards which are no fee and one if not two quarters I am able to max both of them out...so I will keep those as well.

Everything else, I realized, is always up for review.

I love my AmexPlat (personal and biz) but if there comes a day when I no longer need the "extras" or am not traveling as much, that could change.

I like my Amex Delta Plat (personal and biz) but again, if I don't fly as much in the future (heaven forbid!) or we moved back to Texas where United or American has a larger footprint, then I'd dump them.

Even my Amex EDP, which I thought I would always keep is up for discussion if the PRG changes go through (whoo hoo, Hilton Aspire anyone?).

So, what's in my wallet right now?

EDP and CFU. I'm working on SPG Lux MSR but most of my spend is on my computer :)

Happy weekend everyone!

DH has the Amex EDP and I have the ED. I am probably going to cancel the ED I have since I don't use it now that I have the Amex BBP. I am totally going to go for the PRG instead and I have realized that I should have never cancelled my Amex Business Plat. Sigh, now I need to find an offer without the lifetime language. Apparently, I used that 35% back feature and GoGo in flight far more than I realized.

I love my Hilton aspire card! I love that because of that card the 5 year plan for over water bungalows will happen a year earlier than expected! In my wallet I have the CSR, Ink+, Freedom, SPG Lux (still working on some MSR despite Hamilton swag purchases) and the Amex BBP. Happy weekend!

Here is the wallet I need! I had no idea they made wallets just for churners :D

ETA: I can just imagine the looks of people as I open this up at the grocery store to get the right card :rotfl:

That's going on my Christmas list.

I'm still trying to be positive about the whole thing, reading the article does not say much more than what we already know about the situation which is not much. They definitely have no insider knowledge, so I think we need to hold tight. The Disney reservation system is being really wonky right now and I think that may be more to blame than anything and still hope we will be able to book Disney with UR. As I'm currently on hold for a problem with MyDisneyExperience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter