I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to be positive about the whole thing, reading the article does not say much more than what we already know about the situation which is not much. They definitely have no insider knowledge, so I think we need to hold tight. The Disney reservation system is being really wonky right now and I think that may be more to blame than anything and still hope we will be able to book Disney with UR. As I'm currently on hold for a problem with MyDisneyExperience...
I hope you’re right.

ugggggggggghhhhhhh :sad::sad::sad: (my cat is watching my computer screen and also looks super bummed out, just as a sign for how terrible this is!)

It's dumb, I have plenty of time to save up cash for a big trip and I didn't even KNOW about URs until like three months ago. But this is just such a bummer.
It really stings. I used UR to buy tickets for our APs and our MVMCP tickets. Can’t do that anymore.

Your annual fee with Chase will post on the first day of the month following your anniversary date. So for you that will be 10/1/2018.
So when will the anniversary points? Let’s say I opened on 9/4, statement closed on 10/1? I am trying to be patient and get my 9000 points before I close my Premier and Plus.

Yes, just activate it. You can save offers by tapping the star by the offer. That 'saves' it but it does not activate it (or 'link' it). I'm not sure why you would save offers but I did that with a few early on and then got confused that I hadn't actually activated them.
I think the “save” is a good idea for the online or in-store (no cash back) offers. This way they are all grouped together and you don’t have to hunt for them. Since the cash back in store offers show linked in the my wallet tab, the saved is unless.

I was teasing my HH friends that I would gladly pick up the tab and put it on my credit card but I left early to get home to my boys so that didn’t happen :) I’ll try again on Sun when I go to a wine tasting with friends who typically go the cash route.

Last edited:
So when will the anniversary points? Let’s say I opened on 9/4, statement closed on 10/1? I am trying to be patient and get my 9000 points before I close my Premier and Plus.
Anniversary points will show on your first statement following your anniversary date and post to your SW within a few days.

Thus, if your Anniv Date falls before your stmt date in the month you will see your Anniv points BEFORE the AF posts. If your Anniv date falls after your stmt date in the month you will see your AF get charged BEFORE the Anniv Points post.

In either scenario though with Chase’s policy of refunding (essentially cancelling) the AF if you cancel within 30 days...as long as you don’t panic and cancel early, you will get to keep your Anniv points!

Anniversary points will show on your first statement following your anniversary date and post to your SW within a few days.

Thus, if your Anniv Date falls before your stmt date in the month you will see your Anniv points BEFORE the AF posts. If your Anniv date falls after your stmt date in the month you will see your AF get charged BEFORE the Anniv Points post.

In either scenario though with Chase’s policy of refunding (essentially cancelling) the AF if you cancel within 30 days...as long as you don’t panic and cancel early, you will get to keep your Anniv points!
Yes, I am definitely being patient since that a flight or almost 2 to depending on location...

Did anyone get the email from AmEx Spg stating 3x points on every $1 spent at Supermarkets and restaurants through Nov 30?

I wonder if it’s better to spend on spg or csr now for restaurants? I’m thinking SPG.

It is a targeted offer. I saw it in offers last weekend and then also got the email today. I am jumping on it since I upgraded my personal spg to the Lux and conveniently enough got the offer on the Lux. Whether or not you stop using it for CSR I guess depends on what your focus is right now. It seems like a wash to me in most cases.

That is so funny wallets got brought up today. I just ordered a new larger one this week! Amazon has a ton to choose from. Mine is not quite the one @wendow found but has a lot of slots. My problem is that if I don’t have my Amex cards with me I am not going to use them. And I want Amex to be happy with DH so now I have his cards too (refuses to carry more than 2 at a time). Making copies of front and back of cards is a good idea though just in case. :)

I just started yesterday. I probably spent 15 minutes answering questions and didn't qualify for one survey. So earned two points for a partial. >:(The site also was very slow, it seemed like I was waiting forever for the next question to load. I seem to remember someone saying that it takes a little while until you qualify for more surveys so I'll give it a few more tries. Hopefully I can at least get to do one survey for the 500 bonus points.
I got 3 points for what I believe was a partial also, but it showed up and I got the email that I will receive the 500 bonus points! Hopefully the same will happen for you!

Okay, who posted that Mr. Rogers Google tribute? You made me cry! (I was only allowed to watch PBS as a kid so Mr. Rogers was one of the shows I watched all the time. That little animation was beautiful.)
I was the one that posted lol. I watched it early this morning and it hit me hard.

Did anyone get the email from AmEx Spg stating 3x points on every $1 spent at Supermarkets and restaurants through Nov 30?

I wonder if it’s better to spend on spg or csr now for restaurants? I’m thinking SPG.

I would say the CSR is still better for restaurant spending since Marriott/SPG points are worth much less than UR points. 3x Marriott/SPG for $100 spend at a restaurant is worth roughly $2.10 (if you value Marriott/SPG at .7 - obviously this varies depending on how you value them). $100 spend on the CSR nets you 300 UR points, which would be worth at least $4.50. I saw that offer and got excited until I did the math - boo.

I went to apply for the Chase Ink Cash and it asks for Legal Business Name. Do I just put my name if that’s what my business is under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter