• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a little strategy help. I am 9/24, DH is 4/24. He will be 3/24 in 10/18 and has CSR, CSP, SW and Citi AA. He will be dropping CSP or PCing to FU. I have Freedom, Hyatt, Disney Premier, Marriot, SW, SPG, Hilton, Citi AA, & Aviator. I will be dumping Citi AA & Disney. Just signed up for a Chase checking today ($300 bonus and Disney debit card). I also have an old Citi Sears card which has recently added TY points to my account and is currently offering 10x points at restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores. I'm planning on using TY points for GCs.

I have 2018 vacations booked already, working toward 2019 cruise. I am taking a bit of a break because we recently got a new car loan (actually 2, capital one first then paid off to convert to credit union) so my credit score dropped a bit below 800. But I'm looking towards cards for December/January. I want to work on cash back for the cruise. So I'm thinking of the Disney no fee, Barclay Arrival Plus and Discover It. Any other ideas? What order would you do them in? Getting restless. As others have said, it's like withdrawal not having spend to meet.
Hit Arrival+ first. DoC speculated they have a 6/24 rule but it's not a hard rule. A lot of people over that have been declined but a couple slipped through.

ETA: watch the Disney promo carefully. Sometimes it's for a Disney gift card, sometimes a statement credit.

Last edited:
Question:

If I have 250k Hilton Honors points, and I book a 5 reward night stay, and then they give me my fifth night free (refunding me my 50k points for that fifth night) can I use those refunded points to book a sixth night?

Question:

If I have 250k Hilton Honors points, and I book a 5 reward night stay, and then they give me my fifth night free (refunding me my 50k points for that fifth night) can I use those refunded points to book a sixth night?
They actually don't "refund" the fifth night. They just factor the free night into the price (i.e. 5 nights should be 200k) If it's 50k per night you should be able to book 6 nights for 250k.

Question:

They actually don't "refund" the fifth night. They just factor the free night into the price (i.e. 5 nights should be 200k) If it's 50k per night you should be able to book 6 nights for 250k.

Also FYI - hilton nights can change prices (amount of points) from day to day. If you see something that works - book it! It may cost more points when you check back. Also it could cost less and you can rebook to save the points if that happens. It's almost like the "Southest Airlines" of hotels...except your points are worth squat lol.

We have the disney chase visa and were able to buy about $1300 of our tickets for free. I saved up points for several years and used them to buy our tickets. I have a few more points probably about $50 to spend when we get at the park that I accured since buying the tickets. We put most things we buy on the disney visa and pay it off at the end of the month in full. So no fees or interest charges but we get the points!

Also FYI - hilton nights can change prices (amount of points) from day to day. If you see something that works - book it! It may cost more points when you check back. Also it could cost less and you can rebook to save the points if that happens. It's almost like the "Southest Airlines" of hotels...except your points are worth squat lol.
Yeah, I've been playing around with it and noticed that. I'm looking ahead at a 2020 trip, and I think I'm going to be able to cover hotel, airfare, and park tickets with points/rewards.

ETA: Oh...one more question. Is is possible to get a Venture and a Venture One...and if so, can you transfer/combine points from one card to/with the other?

I think MMS lays things out in an easy way when you're new. I read it a lot last year as I got started. Lately I feel like the posts seem more repetitive, but maybe that's just me. I didn't know they split up either, I hadn't stumbled across that post... I do like to read the reader interviews where they talk about specific trips and where they stayed, etc to see if there's anything I can use.

I also love the reader interviews - I sometimes end up following their blogs if they have one.

Don’t forget to tweet for 1000 Marriott Points. Tweet Pennsylvania #RewardsPoints

I've been doing this for a few weeks, and just today noticed that right after I posted ("tweeted") I got a message on my Twitter account saying something like "You got it! Points will be posted within 24 hours." I'm not sure if I've gotten messages like this in past weeks but if I did they were no longer showing in my Twitter mailbox today.

I've been doing this for a few weeks, and just today noticed that right after I posted ("tweeted") I got a message on my Twitter account saying something like "You got it! Points will be posted within 24 hours." I'm not sure if I've gotten messages like this in past weeks but if I did they were no longer showing in my Twitter mailbox today.

This was the first time I got the message to my inbox. I normally get a reply to the tweet.

Hit Arrival+ first. DoC speculated they have a 6/24 rule but it's not a hard rule. A lot of people over that have been declined but a couple slipped through.

ETA: watch the Disney promo carefully. Sometimes it's for a Disney gift card, sometimes a statement credit.
Yes I did one Disney cc already & had to make sure I had the right link. Thanks

Yes I did one Disney cc already & had to make sure I had the right link. Thanks
You probably already know this but on the "no annual fee" version you're going to want to find a referral link to get the $200 gift card option. I think most of the public links on that card are $50 or $100.

Just to add to - I haven't seen a statement credit signup bonus on the no annual fee version. I've only seen that on the Premier version personally.

I think MMS lays things out in an easy way when you're new. I read it a lot last year as I got started. Lately I feel like the posts seem more repetitive, but maybe that's just me. I didn't know they split up either, I hadn't stumbled across that post... I do like to read the reader interviews where they talk about specific trips and where they stayed, etc to see if there's anything I can use.
Emily is pregnant by a new boyfriend

You probably already know this but on the "no annual fee" version you're going to want to find a referral link to get the $200 gift card option. I think most of the public links on that card are $50 or $100.

Just to add to - I haven't seen a statement credit signup bonus on the no annual fee version. I've only seen that on the Premier version personally.
Right :cool2:

Totally kicking myself today. Went to Six Flags today, then met with DHs family for dinner (about an hour drive) I travel light & didn't expect to be shopping but it started raining so we went to the big discount mall nearby for a while before dinner. They have a Disney outlet store. And I didn't bring my Disney Visa :sad: So bummed because we don't have a Disney Store near us. Next trip to Six Flags, better believe I'm bringing that card and hitting the mall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter