I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase Pay is working again at BestBuy. Bought a bunch of gift cards and was given a $5 gift card at checkout. While looking at my receipt in the car I found out there was a buy $50 or more in starbucks get a $5 Best Buy gift card promo going. The surprise $5 is great- but having bought $100 in Starbucks I'm annoyed the store didn't have any signs out about the promo!

I just saw that the other day at Best Buy, they made the sign the same color as the background of the gift card rack and if I hadn't been looking for a sale sign I'd have never noticed it there, it just blended right in! It's almost like they don't want to advertise it. At the couple I shop at it's always at the top of the rack if they have a sale... if they even remember to put it up there.

I don’t think so. They’re very flexible accounts.

Can you just open one and use it to pay for tuition? Currently in community college and transferring into a uni, was wondering if i can pay tuition. i will have no loans. not sure if the uni takes cc though haha

Can you just open one and use it to pay for tuition? Currently in community college and transfer into a uni, was wondering if i can pay tuition. i will have no loans. not sure if the uni takes cc though haha
Yes as far as I know. There’s probably a small fee to open a 529 to be aware of but other than that these accounts are wonderful and can be used for tuition, room and board, books, etc.

My state lets me deduct my contributions from my state income tax. That alone has saved me about $10,000.

Awesome!
It is on my to do list for today. Too late for paying tuition due 1/8/18, but at least I will be all set for the fall payment.

I decided to go ahead and order $50 Amex GCs on all four of my cards that had the Google Express offer. I didn't see anything I needed through Google Express so I figured $15 free money/card is still good. My very first order did eventually adjust down to $54.95, but then it was marked as delivered even though it wasn't. I had to chat with Google Express support and they refunded me the amount. The three other orders and the reorder went through fine. The transactions have yet to credit with Amex, and two of the charges are still showing pending at $60-something; but it looks like Amex is taking a long time to post and credit.

I don't think I'll be using Google Express again outside some really good promo. I'm very leery of services like Google Express and Instacart that let you purchase from local retailers but tell you they may charge you different prices than in store. Then the delivery estimates are so random. I placed an order on a Sunday night, it said delivery by Friday; but when I placed an order on Tuesday, it offered next day Wednesday delivery. What? Both times, the item was in stock.

Then there's my lost order. They package the gift card in these thin plastic sleeve envelopes that don't hide what's inside at all! I get an email confirmation that my first order shipped. It wasn't delivered during the day to my building's management office, or to my building's smart lockers that send out email notifications when I've received a package; so I'm hitting the tracking link repeatedly when I get home in the evening (I'm essentially waiting for cash), it updates as delivered in locker and I run downstairs -- no one's there, no delivery truck, no package, no email about a package. Checked with my office the next day, and there's no log of the package ever being delivered, and it didn't ever show up. I'm struggling not to assume the delivery guy just pocketed the gift card, figuring I can just deal with it with Google. Fortunately, I got a refund but looking over Google's purchase protection terms, there are a lot of exclusions that might've applied.

My gift card came in a huge Google Express box! I live only 10 min from work so I ran home as soon as I got the delivery confirmation. Luckily the package was there. I'm so sorry you lost the first gift card, but it's good to know they refunded you. I agree, I will ONLY use them if there's a great deal going. I really don't see the point of using them if they're not offering someing you can't get from the actual store your purchasing from. Makes no sense to me!

So my missing delivery finally showed up five days late last night in a huge Google Express box. Chatted with Google Express and they told me to keep it. Free $50 for my troubles!

Bought a Visa gift card from Walmart with the Chase Pay 10x deal. I dont usually buy Visa gift cards so I was shocked last night when I used it at the grocery store, put in my PIN and was asked if I wanted cash back. I said no but now I'm wondering, can you actually get cash back using a Visa GC with a PIN?!

Bought a Visa gift card from Walmart with the Chase Pay 10x deal. I dont usually buy Visa gift cards so I was shocked last night when I used it at the grocery store, put in my PIN and was asked if I wanted cash back. I said no but now I'm wondering, can you actually get cash back using a Visa GC with a PIN?!
I always get that message when I use them at Kroger but never thought about trying it. Seems like a great plan if it does work.

1999 has gotten numerous "correct" responses from Marriott's Twitter account. There's some disputes on whether that's actually correct lol. But whatever earns the points!!
I tried to google it but lost interest pretty fast! The history of nfl replay is a bit dry to those of us who don’t watch football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter