I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made two Amex Google Express purchases (both through Target). One was $41.xx and the other was $37.xx. I had to make a second purchase because Target couldn't fulfill some of the items I ordered so my total dropped below $50. It took forever but the second purchase finally posted. I still have not received the credit. Anyone remember how long it took the credit to show up? The offer is no longer showing in my offers.

I ordered the 8th, delivered 12th, rebate posted 17th.
The charge disappeared from the card for awhile and showed back up for the original order date. So 9 days for everything to settle out.

I didn't see my Marriott points so I came here to check. Tweeted from my account and DHs account from AK... or maybe DHS, don't remember the time for sure. Hello to my fellow Dis'ers here! We're finishing the trip at MK today, but I don't want to go home! :sad:
It was beautiful weather this weekend while we were at Universal. I didn’t think about sunscreen so I am sure my co-workers will be asking where we have been since I now have sunburn! I am so ready to move from cold MD to someplace warm!

Did the chasepay deal at Best Buy and bought $100 in Starbucks gift cards. 1,000 points posted today. Between the ebags and walmart deals plus this deal, I've gotten 6500 UR points for spending $250.

Last edited:
So my missing delivery finally showed up five days late last night in a huge Google Express box. Chatted with Google Express and they told me to keep it. Free $50 for my troubles!

I had a similar experience. I thought they bent over backwards to make up for their incompetence.

Did you use the chat function or call? Part of my Wal-Mart order is still not delivered.

I ordered the 8th, delivered 12th, rebate posted 17th.
The charge disappeared from the card for awhile and showed back up for the original order date. So 9 days for everything to settle out.

My experience was similar - about 5 days for the charge to post and another 5 days for the credit.

ETA: In case anyone is considering this offer, it looks like the free shipping minimum is now $15 (temporarily? for most stores?) rather than $35.

Last edited:
I'm running out of cards to get...I'm legitimately considering an AMEX Delta card and using the miles for a Target Gift Card. I have no need for Delta miles (especially out of Pittsburgh) but it would still get me almost a 15% return on the min. spend with no annual fee...

Am I crazy...? lol! Only 4 more months until my wife is under 5/24!!

i got a response from @MarriottRewards saying i got the points. anyone else got one too this late?

i got a response from @MarriottRewards saying i got the points. anyone else got one too this late?

Yep, was just coming on to report back, hubby finally got the response and sometime this afternoon/evening we got the points.

There are way too many post to read this thread. Curious if anyone is familiar with AmEx Delta Skymiles Gold. I have just under 80,000 skymiles and was about to close the account but that looks like a free ticket. I am looking to see how to earn points to get another ticket December 2018. For hotels, do the hotels have to be booked through Delta Vacations or can I just use the card at my existing hotel reservations at The Bellagio in Vegas? Gaylord Palms in Orlando? The interest rate is high so I have no plans to use it unless I can gain points and pay off the card right away before the interest hits.

There are way too many post to read this thread. Curious if anyone is familiar with AmEx Delta Skymiles Gold. I have just under 80,000 skymiles and was about to close the account but that looks like a free ticket. I am looking to see how to earn points to get another ticket December 2018. For hotels, do the hotels have to be booked through Delta Vacations or can I just use the card at my existing hotel reservations at The Bellagio in Vegas? Gaylord Palms in Orlando? The interest rate is high so I have no plans to use it unless I can gain points and pay off the card right away before the interest hits.

You don't pay interest on it if you pay the bill off.
You don't have to book hotels through Delta Vacations, just use your Delta Card to pay for your hotel, but pay it off when you get the bill.

I don't know how many more miles you need to buy another ticket, but unless you are willing to dive into credit churning - you need to dedicate time to understanding how it all works - I would just focus on using the Delta Amex card to pay for everything. I believe Delta lets you pay with miles & cash, so earn as many miles as possible to bring down the cost of those 2 tickets.

You don't pay interest on it if you pay the bill off.
You don't have to book hotels through Delta Vacations, just use your Delta Card to pay for your hotel, but pay it off when you get the bill.

I don't know how many more miles you need to buy another ticket, but unless you are willing to dive into credit churning - you need to dedicate time to understanding how it all works - I would just focus on using the Delta Amex card to pay for everything. I believe Delta lets you pay with miles & cash, so earn as many miles as possible to bring down the cost of those 2 tickets.

I am looking at offers and if I upgrade to the Delta Reserve and spend the $2,000, I can get a 15,000 miles and a companion pass upon renewal. We are planning a trip next December, so daughter could use that companion pass Dec 2018 if I upgrade now? It's a $450 annual fee though. Ouch. LOL.

I am looking at offers and if I upgrade to the Delta Reserve and spend the $2,000, I can get a 15,000 miles and a companion pass upon renewal. We are planning a trip next December, so daughter could use that companion pass Dec 2018 if I upgrade now? It's a $450 annual fee though. Ouch. LOL.
Just so you know, the companion pass requires a full fare paid ticket. You cannot use it with a flight booked on miles.

My understanding is that if you upgrade, you are then not eligible for the sign-up bonus for that card - with AmEx, you can only get a sign-up bonus once (generally), so it's usually better to apply for the card rather than upgrade. For example, it looks like you can get 30,000 - 40,000 miles if you apply for the card rather than upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter