If you could ask Yavn one question what would it be??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yavn can you tell us what are the items in the pirate quest?

Hello Yavn,

Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer these burning questions. It is much appreciated, and we hope you continue to come back and answer our seemingly unending questions.

With that said, I have two questions of my own.

1. What exactly are "Quest Author Rating Points" and when the average "rating" is usually far less than 10,000 points, how does someone like Ranch, who at this point has over 20,000 quest points and 7 engines continously running for months get overlooked by staff?

187316176_65b5982470_o.jpg

2. What sort of Disney "Traditions" training does VMK Staff receive if any.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer our queries..
Joanne aka Dizpinfriend

Well I've read through all these posts and questions and everyone seems to be skirting round the question many of us want answered.

As we have Yavn here this seems the ideal time, so here goes...

Three Words: Captain Jack Costume!

Yavn, would you be able to tell us if this is ever going to be available or is it just going to stay as an almost unobtainable wish item as it is now?

What are your thoughts on how this promotion has been handled?

hello Yavn :)

as already mentioned i would like some pooh themed items so 100 acre woods room, hunney pot chairs, maybe something like pooh's thoughtful spot

also will there be anything to join with other countries for those of us who don't live in the US to draw more players in?

1. Will VMK possibly open early on weekends or close late? because for people in Europe opening time is 3pm.

2. -Dreams- Would it be possible for you to make a special VMK-Dis Badge for VMK? -Dreams-

Hi Yavn,
Just a quick question that has been bothering me for a while now. Why did you cap the number of people in a line to 50? We all speculated that it was to help eliminate the disconnects, however the amount of time you spend trying to get into line and the frustration you go through makes you give up even trying. People have also suggested that it keeps you playing the game if you have to keep trying to get into line, well this isn’t true because you are just clicking the guest rooms tab and the enter room tab. If you allowed a unlimited queue, similar to the old Halloween teleporter event, and added some kind of "in line" game that you can play while in line, it would make peoples vmk experience a lot more enjoyable.
I know this isn’t a perfect solution because then the queue would just build and people would get disconnected too, but there has to be a better solution. Maybe add a flag in the database for "in_queue" which in the case of a disconnect would allow them to enter a "fast pass" line that could even be another game run by a different staff. This way everyone is ensured they have to wait their turn, and in the unfortunate event of a disconnect they can log back in, and go to the fast pass lane, that should in theory be faster.
Please don’t take this as an insult to your game, I enjoy it very much, I just have a lot of experience in game design and test. Just my 2 cents. Thanks and welcome aboard.

Dont know if anyone has posed this yet, but...

How about offline trades? I would love to be able to send things to friends, or if a trade is worked out elsewhere, just be able to send my offer, etc.

First of all Welcome and thank you for being so responsive to a lot of the answers posted.

Having a QA background, and always trying to troubleshoot everything, I was just wondering if some of the disconnects are tied to server capacity issues? I notice that aside from the "60 minute" disconnect I experience walking around VMK, I notice most of the drops occur more frequently in areas of the game which are getting "pounded" by the most people at once, (i.e. Host Events, Mini Games like Haunted and Pirates). I was just wondering if your investigations into this tie back into the capacity of servers processing the logic to support these areas for so many users at one time?

Aside from that think things have been great and improved vastly in the past year. As a wishlist, I am with you more Tron would be good, and if there was someway to get past License and Copywrite issues I think some Star Wars items would be highly welcome.

Thanks again.

I just wanted to say I've enjoyed the changes to the Pirate Game. My only problem is I don't get to play as often as others do, so I have trouble finding people to play level one with me. Since the teams have to be even for Capture The Flag, I guess I won't get to level two.

Have you thought about creating some 'instances' that are level specific? It would keep me off the docks saying "please play! please play!". I've become a dockside rat!

Will we see any level type play in Jungle Cruise do you think?

Thanks for your hard work!

Yavn, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. I am glad you are here.

I have one question. Are there any plans to have more Character costumes, like maybe some villans? A Cruella costume maybe or witch stuff? I know there are so many ppl who would really enjoy having some more disney costumes. Some more hats like a donald duck hat would be great!

I have a question about the uphill and downhill slide pieces. Both of these items are extremely useful for building slides (especially with the Slide competition,) but some people (such as myself) missed out on one or more of the days (or managed to get only 1 or 2 rides on the slide-a-thon) and now don't have enough of the pieces to work on my room for the slide competition. So, here's my question: Will the Uphill and Downhill pieces ever be buyable from a shop?

In an effort to make all the great questions posted in this thread more manageable to see and answer, I will be posting a summary of questions in the order they were written. After the first set of questions have been addressed, I will post the next questions in line and continue until we have added everyone's question. ( Do you think we will ever run out of new questions?!? ;) )

If you do not see your question, it may be because it was asked before yours was posted. If you think I have missed yours, and it was not a duplicate, please let me know. :thumbsup2

I have started with the question next in line, after Yavn's last answer. Please remember that not all questions can always be answered. I am sure Yavn will offer as much information as possible.

Thanks to everyone for coming up with such wonderful questions, and thank you to Yavn for offering to answer what he can!!

And now for the first set:

Bugdozer said:
Hi,
What is the proper way to send a positive comment about a staff member who has been very helpful to you. Everyone is always quick to complian but never to say a job well done :thumbsup2 . Is there a way to let thier bosses know how great they are doing also if you need a staff member for a reason how do you find them-I had a staff tell me if I ever needed them to come find them-how do I find them?
Bugdozer
TLinden16 said:
Hello, Yavn, and Welcome to the DIS! :wave: Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions.

Will the person who comes in first in fireworks ever get more credits than the people who come in behind them and hit the 240,000? I always wondered why the person who comes in first doesn't get the top prize.
Kerlynne said:
HI! pirate:
Is there a limit to how many furnishings we can hold as well as any other items, like clothes.
I wish there was NOT a limit to pin holding.
birdman94 said:
when will ticmp and pirate detector magic come out
AmberDaze said:
OK, here's a good one. :) How about making it easier for us to buy multiple items in the stores? Right now if you know you are going to need many of one item, you have to buy them one at a time. Very, very time consuming. It would be great if we could either put in the number of items we wish to buy, or buy in multiples of 10, 20, etc...
And thank you so much for taking the time to visit and answer our many questions! :thumbsup2
:goodvibes
VMK_KrazyLuke said:
Something I have been wondering is when are the Seagull Lights going to be released and if you can say.. How will they be released?

Also: What are the flags that we saw in the HOST_ room going to be used for? We know they are staff only but can you say what their purpose is?
aengus said:
HAHA so much for the creator story we have all heard huh? :)

ooo ooo I got a couple more.

Green car quest. will the restrictions ever be relaxed as in the fireworks score?

will green flips ever be buyable or obtainable in any way other than trading 15 infernos for them?

What will happen to our quest cards that expire on sept 30th. Do the codes still work after that?

how about badges? are they pretty much done with what we have (day 1, cl , vip, born in park)

Jack sparrow costume, we got bits & pieces about how it would teach us patience (LOL they dont know us DIS'ers!) but could you elaborate? will the odds of winning it ever improve?
dancegrl1093 said:
Mr. Yavn, thank you for answering all our questions so far, and welcome to the dis!

i have a question, but i'm not sure if you're allowed to answer it:

after tron, magic carpet, and treasure detector, what new costumes and magic will we be seeing? (i'd like to see another long dress like the princess dresses, i also love all those hats- especially the 4th of july one!)

for staff games, will you ever look into opening more than one room at a time? i'm just wondering because it's always so hard to get into these rooms!
SurfingGirl said:
If they do consider rides by VMK staff will we be able to change the view for example on Roller Coaster Tycoon their is coaster view where it looks like your own the ride.

Also I am having a bug in my account that for quest when I say the right answer outloud nothing happends. This only happends for the Tomorrowland quest ,and the HSM quest.
Cpt.JackSpearow said:
Yavn check your pm's

Second

In beta there were some certain items that are now very rare.
Which items will come back?
Will there be a new series of rare items?

Dizpinfriend said:
Hello Yavn,

Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer these burning questions. It is much appreciated, and we hope you continue to come back and answer our seemingly unending questions.

With that said, I have two questions of my own.

1. What exactly are "Quest Author Rating Points" and when the average "rating" is usually far less than 10,000 points, how does someone like Ranch, who at this point has over 20,000 quest points and 7 engines continously running for months get overlooked by staff?

187316176_65b5982470_o.jpg

2. What sort of Disney "Traditions" training does VMK Staff receive if any.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer our queries..
Joanne aka Dizpinfriend

Very good question, and thank you Friend!! You're an angel always looking out for me! :cloud9:

I would like to also ask the same question..
What are "Quest Author Rating" points for?​
Apparently they are received by questers and the amount of stars they rate an author's quest, but are they any benifit to the author's efforts? Or do they just tell questers, "Hey, this dude has hosted alot of quests". If it's the latter, well, quest hosting just became much less appealing.

And not much of a second question, but a comment.
I thought it was completely awesome how a great player KookyQuack had the honor of receiving VMK's first honorable mention for all he does for the game. Did you and VMK staff know that -Virtual Splash Mountain-, VMK's first best "game" room award winner, is still operational and has never seen more life pass through it then it does now with quest kiosks? Did you and the crew know -Virtual Haunted Mansion-, VMK's best room award winner for Halloween is still alive and well with people passing through to get their spooky quests done? I'm sure you don't as you're one busy dude, but I assure you, they are, and it's an honor for ME to do the most I can to enjoy VMK, and to help others do the same... even if it's merely presenting the possibilities of the game to my extent. And it's an even more enjoyable feeling when you guys notice such honor and dedication.

See you in the game.

LoriR said:
In an effort to make all the great questions posted in this thread more manageable to see and answer, I will be posting a summary of questions in the order they were written. After the first set of questions have been addressed, I will post the next questions in line and continue until we have added everyone's question. ( Do you think we will ever run out of new questions?!? ;) )

If you do not see your question, it may be because it was asked before yours was posted. If you think I have missed yours, and it was not a duplicate, please let me know. :thumbsup2

I have started with the question next in line, after Yavn's last answer. Please remember that not all questions can always be answered. I am sure Yavn will offer as much information as possible.

Thanks to everyone for coming up with such wonderful questions, and thank you to Yavn for offering to answer what he can!!

And now for the first set:

I am not seeing the question about Cursed Storm and Turn Into Pirate Magic.

I have a bunch of questions but I rather take this time to let you know....

I love the air bubble/water drip in the Captain's Quarters... lol

I spend a lot of time in there helping new kids get started with Dive quest, and the little air bubble, then water drip is WONDERFUL. bit of air, bit of water... couldnt have the drip without the air escaping first...

WONDERFUL effect. Small effect, but lovely. KUDOS to the designers for that one.

Oh I do have a question.... Who came up with it? And were they giddy with excitement over it..... lol

Can you tell it is the little things that I love in VMK.

I have one, why can't we say our state that we live in?
and why can't we say numbers ex: 1-I 2-too or to

Will you have like a back to school month kind of thing and release all the stuff you didn't release from previous months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter