Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

I'm almost certain that the "X" marks were the Lawn Mower Tree is going to be put

No, No, No! they are standing on a life size map of DW. That means the giant X is telling them where they are!

That's one mystery solved, anymore I can help with?

WDW20page202320Large.jpg

So, do you think this is the site of the Contemporary Resort, pre-canal and water bridge? It looks like it could be, and that small island would be in about the right place.

TCD

That's what I think. My opinion is that the road you see is the road that is there today, the cleared land is the beginning of the MK. That's too much land for the CR or the Poly. I think this is before 7 Seas Lagoon was started and that Discovery Island and the rest of Bay Lake is beyond the top of the picture.

But I still can't find Waldo. :rolleyes1

Does any one find this FUNNY
Even bodies of water that would remain on the site needed to be cleaned and made safer for recreational use. Bay Lake was drained of its water and cleaned of muck.

Tried to find better pics of bay lake, ss lagoon in progress. Though not very "revealing" hope someone enjoys them!
scan1-1.jpg

scan.jpg

scan2.jpg

scan3.jpg

Modern Marvels did a show on the making of Walt Disney World. They discussed some of the effort and ideas that went into Bay Lake and such.

It was a pretty good show. Found the dvd of it at a yard sale a year ago for just $1.00. Some of the best money I ever spent. :goodvibes

ETA: If you go to youtube, search for "Modern Marvels Walt Disney World". Someone has segmented and posted it. From what I see, there are about 12 parts which are a few minutes each. Might be a bit more...

For the skyway debate that is going on...

Here is a picture from the skyway in 1986...

You can see the Tomorrowland station in the background.
Where the rode turns is going to be just off to the left.

Shafke- Was this photo taken from the skyway? If not, do you know where the photographer was when it was taken?

TCD
Yes, this was taken from the skywAy. The blue/white roof in the bottom right is most likely the tea cups.

WDW20page203820Large.jpg

Lookiing at this photo I think this is the site of the Contemporary Resort, pre-canal and water bridge

Modern Marvels did a show on the making of Walt Disney World. ...It was a pretty good show. Found the dvd of it at a yard sale a year ago for just $1.00. Some of the best money I ever spent. :goodvibes

I think you can also buy it on iTunes for cheap. :thumbsup2

For the skyway debate that is going on...

Here is a picture from the skyway in 1986...

You can see the Tomorrowland station in the background.
Where the rode turns is going to be just off to the left.

Thanks Shafke! I will now abandon my original theory. Judging from the angle of the cable in the upper left of your pic....it looks like KFM did indeed take her pic of SM from the Skyway. Looks like she was a little further back.

DID YOU HEAR THAT NJRRK? I CONCEDE...YOU WERE RIGHT...I WAS WRONG. MUST BE THE WISDOM THAT COMES FROM YOUR BEING OLDER THAN ME. :rotfl2:

READ THIS

Given that central Florida is primarily a wetlands region, construction crews faced a variety of challenges with relocating water while not affecting the local environment. Construction crews built more than 50 miles of levees and canals around the property to maintain levels and quality of the local fresh water while draining areas where construction would take place. This control system, which functions automatically based on water levels and without electricity, helps to minimize flooding without removing water from the area. Even bodies of water that would remain on the site needed to be cleaned and made safer for recreational use. Bay Lake was drained of its water and cleaned of muck. Construction workers removed more than seven million cubic yards of dirt from an adjacent area to create a man-made lagoon, named Seven Seas Lagoon. Sand from beneath the removed muck was used to create beaches around the lagoon. Once Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon had been filled with water, the surrounding areas served as the setting for one of the hotels, the Polynesian Village Resort.

Does any one find this FUNNY
Even bodies of water that would remain on the site needed to be cleaned and made safer for recreational use. Bay Lake was drained of its water and cleaned of muck.

Great info DC! Yes that is funny! EVEN bodies of water that would remain ON site needed to be cleaned? :lmao: Is that the technical, official term..."cleaned of muck"? :laughing: I'm glad to know that they had a good muck removal system in place.

We've been moved!? :scared1:

Thanks for the heads-up about the "modern Marvels" Yodagirl and Bradybz12, I'm downloading right now.

I'm going to check this out as soon as I have a chance. Just one more reason to look forward to nap time!

:happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter