its nearly Christmas -a thread dedicated to the angst, the drama, & the joy!

who does lists for gifts???

ok, any ideas for the following
SIL...mid 40's very funky
nephews 14 & 11

GK's
GS 5
GD 4
GD 3

now these kids got the mother load of disney stuff from our hols....

parents..retired...
may get my dad some new crocs

DS1
DS2
DDIL...17 yr old funky, size 6

any ideas...help me....

australiankaren said:
who does lists for gifts???

I couldn't survive Christmas without lists!

With DHs extended family we have an arrangement where we draw a name from a bowl and buy that person a gift. We have set a specific value and the giftee usually let's you know what they'd like. Very easy, I love it!

For my family and parents, I bully them into providing me with a Christmas list, :rotfl:
. I'll usually add a surprise or two but the lists certainly make life a lot easier.

I wish I had a suggestion for you menfolk Karen, I find my guys very hard to buy for :confused: my 26 year old DS is particularly difficult! I bought him and DS2 (15) a case of Dr Pepper and a Nerf gun each. I figure they can spend Christmas Day getting high on sugar and burning it of by shooting each other! :rotfl: they'll get other gifts too but I have no ideas yet.

DD (23) is a bookworm and usually comes up with a long list, bookdepository is my friend! Otherwise she's into retro,funky, vintage, interesting handmade things so I can often find things on etsy.com for her.

The other adult women in my family usually get costume jewelry or other accessories. A girl can never have too much jewelry I figure :)

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

john+d_lw_gingerbread+cookies.jpg

do you think it captures the joy of the season???? Oh, I do hope so:rotfl:

I love Christmas AND I absolutely love this too...my boys would love making those :rotfl:

We will be at WDW over Christmas, so I am starting to think of how to let Santa know. :santa:
I would love to cook for family, but we are usually the ones that make the five hour drive. Starting to get the guilt trip about being gone over Christmas, even though I told my Mom over a year ago!! Every year we are working around the schedules of my three brothers who usually can't be there over the actual holiday...and does my Mom get upset with them-OH NO. Offered to go back home over Thanksgiving so we could all celebrate early, but not good enough. :confused3
OK, rant over- back to my happy place :love:

Nothing beats sipping a good Aussie chardy by the water on a hot day wearing rain deer antlers

Add non stop eating, and that sounds just like my christmas! :lmao:

hmm, note to self - remind the inlaws to clean out their pool in time for Christmas... :scratchin

I need to start doing my christmas shopping list in earnest. I've got a few ideas, but not much in the scheme of things...

If anyone knows where to buy a vintage/retro cronulla sharks flag please let me know... :rotfl:

I couldn't survive Christmas without lists!

With DHs extended family we have an arrangement where we draw a name from a bowl and buy that person a gift. We have set a specific value and the giftee usually let's you know what they'd like. Very easy, I love it!

For my family and parents, I bully them into providing me with a Christmas list, :rotfl:
. I'll usually add a surprise or two but the lists certainly make life a lot easier.

I wish I had a suggestion for you menfolk Karen, I find my guys very hard to buy for :confused: my 26 year old DS is particularly difficult! I bought him and DS2 (15) a case of Dr Pepper and a Nerf gun each. I figure they can spend Christmas Day getting high on sugar and burning it of by shooting each other! :rotfl: they'll get other gifts too but I have no ideas yet.

DD (23) is a bookworm and usually comes up with a long list, bookdepository is my friend! Otherwise she's into retro,funky, vintage, interesting handmade things so I can often find things on etsy.com for her.

The other adult women in my family usually get costume jewelry or other accessories. A girl can never have too much jewelry I figure :)

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

we had a nerf christmas last year..every male got one...quite fun (minus the injurys) nothing swimming goggles didnt fix:rotfl2:

this year I feel like giving everyone a gift voucher and let them fend for themselves:upsidedow

jewelry is a good idea.....bit of bling....

will possibly start shopping this arvo......its never too early to traumatize the visa card

Add non stop eating, and that sounds just like my christmas! :lmao:

hmm, note to self - remind the inlaws to clean out their pool in time for Christmas... :scratchin

I need to start doing my christmas shopping list in earnest. I've got a few ideas, but not much in the scheme of things...

If anyone knows where to buy a vintage/retro cronulla sharks flag please let me know... :rotfl:

go the sharkies.....now you know best and less at miranda have the best range of sharkies stuff...scored heaps a few months ago....yep...we are sharkie supporters.... truly, we must love disapointment...the GS is 4th generation..:crowded:

I just spent $308 at Peter Alexander. Pjs each for me & DD and a Sleeping Beauty bag that I can also use as a cabin bag for next year :) I'm claiming them as Christmas presents so DH doesn't choke if I tell him how much I spent :)

We only buy for our 2 kids and if we need simething for ourselves we buy it and claim it as a gift. I do buy something little for my best friend though :).

Yes I make a list & we did water nerf guns last year which the kids love....

Maybe we need real ones this year and a slippery slide.

Much easier this year as I am cutting some people out ;)

Enough is enough

So a much shorter list.

Mum and Dad are done: Photobook of their recent trip to Canada and Alaska, a Calendar with pictures of the grandchildren for the desk and the mother/daughter pandora charm for mum.

Brother and Sister In Law??

Children???

Husband: Lots of Italian Wine and German Beer. He He He. I am sure we will find something while we are away.

My mum takes the girls shopping for us:cool1: so that will be done.

I am liking Christmas more and more....

I am off to buy a new tree for my new little shop to decorate with all my travel ornaments. Oh what fun....

maybe i should put the tree up this weekend..or is it too soon (says the woman who's 9 ft tree was up for 15 months):rotfl:

Never too soon:lmao:

My mum has just had extra power points put into her house just for her Christmas windows. :lmao:

After not putting up any decorations last year I am busting to get to it, I forget what I have and I cant wait to use my new things. I am thinking next weekend at the shop, DH would have a fit at home, first weekend we are home from Italy though the house is going mad Christmas. Two trees for me at home and I am working on a third.

go the sharkies.....now you know best and less at miranda have the best range of sharkies stuff...scored heaps a few months ago....yep...we are sharkie supporters.... truly, we must love disapointment...the GS is 4th generation..:crowded:

I'm trying to get dad some merch, but he doesn't like the new logo, so I'm trying to dig up stuff with the old logo on it. So far I've gotten him a jersey from the 80's, but I'd really love to get him a flag. I'll check out our best and less here, but I can't imagine they've got the retro stuff...

More importantly though, what do I want for christmas... :rolleyes:

I'm trying to get dad some merch, but he doesn't like the new logo, so I'm trying to dig up stuff with the old logo on it. So far I've gotten him a jersey from the 80's, but I'd really love to get him a flag. I'll check out our best and less here, but I can't imagine they've got the retro stuff...

More importantly though, what do I want for christmas... :rolleyes:

our darling son lost DH's retro sharks jersey..that he had since 1989 :headache:....lets just say he was ready to remove him from the will....good luck with the search..how about a members package for your dad instead

our darling son lost DH's retro sharks jersey..that he had since 1989 :headache:....lets just say he was ready to remove him from the will....good luck with the search..how about a members package for your dad instead

Maybe you can get him the one on this site? It's 1988 instead of 1989 though - was 1989 significant??
http://www.peterwynnscore.com.au/index.php/jerseys.html?limit=all&mode=list

(EDit: I've just realised these are copies , not the genuine article. :( but maybe better than nothing? )

I'm tempted to pick up the 1976 Easters Suburbs one for my DH - it was one of the Roosters ( few!) glory years :lmao: If you think it's hard being a Sharkies supporter ...then you'll have sympathy with us Roosters fans. :rotfl:

Andona

we had a nerf christmas last year..every male got one...quite fun (minus the injurys) nothing swimming goggles didnt fix:rotfl2:

That reminds me, I've got a NERF tag 2 pack on layby for DH and myself, I mean, for DS1 and DS2 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm sensing a lot of tears on Christmas Day, but I don't know if it will be from injuries or from us not letting the kids play....

Maybe you can get him the one on this site? It's 1988 instead of 1989 though - was 1989 significant??
http://www.peterwynnscore.com.au/index.php/jerseys.html?limit=all&mode=list

(EDit: I've just realised these are copies , not the genuine article. :( but maybe better than nothing? )

I'm tempted to pick up the 1976 Easters Suburbs one for my DH - it was one of the Roosters ( few!) glory years :lmao: If you think it's hard being a Sharkies supporter ...then you'll have sympathy with us Roosters fans. :rotfl:

Andona

That's the Jersey I've gotten for dad, now I just want the matching flag.

What does a members pack include? Sydney is 5 hours away, so he doesn't get to many games, maybe 1 a year - which he tries to make a match against either the roosters (my brother's team) or the Knights (my brother in law's team).

I don't find it too hard to shop for the men in my family, but shopping for the men in DH's family is next to impossible! I used to make DH buy for them, but he's hopeless with that sort of thing...

That reminds me, I've got a NERF tag 2 pack on layby for DH and myself, I mean, for DS1 and DS2 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm sensing a lot of tears on Christmas Day, but I don't know if it will be from injuries or from us not letting the kids play....

add cheap swimming goggles to the pack...works a treat..:thumbsup2

OK, you've all convinced me to not do any more work this arvo, I'm off to do online Christmas shopping... Now, where to start..? :rolleyes:

australiankaren said:
maybe i should put the tree up this weekend..or is it too soon (says the woman who's 9 ft tree was up for 15 months):rotfl:

One of mine stays up all year and I pretend it's an indoor plant :)

I've already started decorating but it's unobtrusive so far...

I'm chasing some plastic flamingo lawn ornaments, does anyone know where I can buy some in Australia?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter