JUNE 1ST- NO CHANCE

Beazle

Earning My Ears
Yesterday's Coved 19 White House Press Conference makes it obvious that there is no chance whatsoever that WDW or indeed any Theme Park will be open on Its June. How can it be otherwise. This virus is going to kill -minimum 100,000 US citizens. NY and NJ are ahead of other States and Florida is two weeks behind. Does anyone really think that Florida will be able to cease use of safe social distancing by - say August 1 ? No chance.

How will you line up ? The rides are not built for social spacing. Restaurants - no chance.

June 1-indeed July 1 is an absolute fantasy.

Yesterday's Coved 19 White House Press Conference makes it obvious that there is no chance whatsoever that WDW or indeed any Theme Park will be open on Its June. How can it be otherwise. This virus is going to kill -minimum 100,000 US citizens. NY and NJ are ahead of other States and Florida is two weeks behind. Does anyone really think that Florida will be able to cease use of safe social distancing by - say August 1 ? No chance.

How will you line up ? The rides are not built for social spacing. Restaurants - no chance.

No one knows what this summer will be like, or even this late spring. 100,000 is a possibility. Florida getting as bad as NY is a possibility. Neither are certainties. It is also possible that this virus, like most other respiratory viruses, will turn out to be seasonal, and fade away in the late spring. It might also turn out that an exponentially larger portion of the population has already had this virus than the current numbers indicate (due to both insufficient testing and many of the cases not involving significant symptoms), and that the spread declines for this reason, as well. But at the end of the day, we don't know.

And aside from the virus, there is the reality that shelter in place and social distancing can't last indefinitely for the entire country's population, for pragmatic reasons (the economy needs to fully function; kids need to return to school next year; many people will get too emotionally isolated and stir crazy to healthily maintain this for months upon months, etc.) So the emphasis might shift to high risk groups remaining in seclusion while everyone else gets back to normal life.

Last edited:
I doubt Disney would have made their June Its announcement after yesterday's game changing White House press conference. No chance of June 1st now.

I think I agree with you. I mean, I think by June we are all going to have to gradually ease back in to getting out there. But I think extra care needs to be taken with places where huge crowds are. To me, that means movie theaters, theme parks, concerts and theater, etc, all will probably need to be continued to be curtailed while the rest of us try to get back to some normalcy in lower crowds.

I will bet anything Disney and the rest of nation opens back up by the end of June. At some point. Life must go on. Some states aren’t closed at all even now. So June is realistic to me. MLB plans to be playing by June. Etc. Racing.

How much are you actually willing to bet? I'd take you up on it as long as it's not literally "everything"

I disagree. And I am not usually much of an optimist. June 1 is still 2 months away. The peak is expected far before that in most areas. It's expected in California in 3 weeks.

Remember that we are just trying to flatten the curve. Once we are at a level where the healthcare system can manage the incoming hospitalizations, we can start to return to normal life (well, "new normal").

I do not anticipate "shutdowning" to end totally before the month of August.
I think there will be rolling shut downs the same way they started
Hope I'm wrong.

This is what I am thinking too.
Places/events where small crowds can gather first, and as time goes on the places that host large crowds will re-open. That could definitely last through the summer months.

I don't know but I'm sick of thinking about it.

I no longer pay attention to the minute by minute count of how many test positive, how many die. I don't watch the news much anymore except our local news. I'm not nervous or anxious anymore, just don't feel need to be obsessed with it anymore. It will end when it ends.

I work and am thankful to still be working, go for walks, talk to friends/family, we cook dinner, watch movies and are waiting it out.

To say I have "covid fatigue" would be an understatement.

I can still see them opening up. But I don’t expect massive crowds.

The U.K. models show 1 million people in the US dying with moderate mitigations. And the US model shows up to 240 thousand. They really don’t know. The answer is likely in the middle.

I think I agree that June 1st is an aggressive goal for Disney World to open. I think more and more states are coming to the realization this is going to be a long, slow road back to any kind of normal. For example, even to return to office buildings, I have an idea there will be some sort of staggered schedule for social distancing purposes. I would like to think that could happen sometime in June. The theme parks and hotels being open and going, not so much.

We don't know....too many variables. I doubt WDW will reopen on June 1st and I am an optimist.

I no longer pay attention to the minute by minute count of how many test positive, how many die. I don't watch the news much anymore except our local news. I'm not nervous or anxious anymore, just don't feel need to be obsessed with it anymore. It will end when it ends.

I work and am thankful to still be working, go for walks, talk to friends/family, we cook dinner, watch movies and are waiting it out.

Yes, you have completely captured how I'm starting to feel (and I'm guessing others may be as well!).

This is our family right now. I'm lucky enough to be working from home full time. (My entire company is\5k plus people because luckily, we are always disaster ready). Other than that, I'm enjoying the time with family. Getting out for walks. Reading. Having family dinners and trying to NOT discuss covid anymore than necessary. There is nothing we can do about it, so we are just making the best of it and praying for those that are affected from both a health and economy standpoint.

And aside from the virus, there is the reality that shelter in place and social distancing can't last indefinitely for the entire country's population, for pragmatic reasons (the economy needs to fully function; kids need to return to school next year; many people will get too emotionally isolated and stir crazy to healthily maintain this for months upon months, etc.) So the emphasis might shift to high risk groups remaining in seclusion while everyone else gets back to normal life.
That would seem more likely given that a lot of companies on the brink have been asking for bailouts, and in Italy, there's already growing disillusionment towards the government on the prolonged measures, with some even fearing that it could even end up becoming open season for the Mafia, with desperate businesses seeking out loans to sustain themselves throughout the lockdown. Even if June seems to be too optimistic, I wouldn't be surprised if measures end up being scrapped - or at least eased, lest there be desperate people ending up going stir crazy and looting businesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter