Just stop going

I agree that is a place to share the positive and the negative. But if post after post after post is negative? Then maybe it is time to step away.
Perhaps, however don't you believe that is a personal decison, and not one that should be made by someone who has decided your posts are no longer wanted? We can all decide for ourselves which threads we want to participate on, and if we find that a poster is constantly negative, it is our decison to keep scrolling or to keep the conversations going. That decision to ignore a consistantly negative person is in itself is more productive than a scolding, IMO.

I'd hate for people to feel they could only be positive about WDW on these boards. That would take away the honesty and feeling of real communication you get here. People would also likely be less trustful of the advice and opinions they read here, knowing that everything said is supposed to stay positive. So a lack of candor wouldn't do anyone any good, not even newbies planning their first trips.

I don't think anyone -- certainly not me -- has issues with complaints. I have an issue with a general mentality of "WDW sucks" or "WDW is money grubbing and doesn't care" or when allegations are made without any concern as to whether they are true. Everyone is of course free to make whatever statements they want, but it does beg the questions as to why they are making them especially if they then talk about them on a public forum dedicated to all things Disney.

And if the place makes someone that unhappy -- if they think the destination they are giving so much money and attention to actively discounts their wants and needs and is determined to take advantage of them -- then it also begs the question as to why they continue to go. And if they've made the determination not to go, why they would then continue to bash WDW here.

Disney actually runs a conference on their data and analytics practices and techniques. Parks and resorts are included. Of course they're collecting your data and making decisions based on it.

https://www.ddaconference.com/explore.html

I'm sure they collect the data. I was responding to the oft-stated, never-proven mantra that WDW regularly cuts capacity at lower crowd levels to increase wait times. Or to save money. Or just 'cause.

I should have been more clear.

Perhaps, however don't you believe that is a personal decison, and not one that should be made by someone who has decided your posts are no longer wanted? We can all decide for ourselves which threads we want to participate on, and if we find that a poster is constantly negative, it is our decison to keep scrolling or to keep the conversations going. That decision to ignore a consistantly negative person is in itself is more productive than a scolding, IMO.

I definitely skip over posts I don't find worth while, but it begs the question, what does someone get out of posting if all they are doing is being negative all of the time? Are they hoping to convince people not to go to WDW?

Say for argument's sake I hate the Poly. What would be the point of going over to the Poly thread and posting only negative things about it? Is it just a way to vent, or what would I be hoping to gain?

Must be shaping up to be a pretty embarrassing conference. :)
Outside of Disney, Disney has an excellent reputation for excellent, investor-focused management. They used to be known for the best in customer-focused management but that's changed a bit since Iger took over. That of course leads us fans to not like what they're doing as much, but Zach's rates DIS a 'Buy'. It has become mostly about the money but with regard to the money they're among the best.

Outside of Disney, Disney has an excellent reputation for excellent, investor-focused management. They used to be known for the best in customer-focused management but that's changed a bit since Iger took over. That of course leads us fans to not like what they're doing as much, but Zach's rates DIS a 'Buy'. It has become mostly about the money but with regard to the money they're among the best.

I'm not sure I get the point you're trying to make?

Say for argument's sake I hate the Poly. What would be the point of going over to the Poly thread and posting only negative things about it? Is it just a way to vent, or what would I be hoping to gain?

How dare you say such a thing.
I love the Poly it is some of the people who stay there in recent years I dislike.... But being I work in Midtown Manhattan I just am not a people lover anymore period...

A lot of people are entitled today. I can tell you stories of Midtown But the 3 years I spent in Downtown where far worse (Downtown has a lot of younger business).
People want to be able to do and have everything but on their terms... A perfect example someone ordered something from our online store (yes vague and I blame amazon) they did not like it we offered a return they said we should just credit them period we sent them a return label they said they did not have a printer---in the end the credit company credited us and this person...
People today are taught to complain for any reason and they get things for a discount or free and a lot of companies allow it.
I do not like a lot of changes at Disney over the past 30 years but we still go and if it bugged me enough I would not...that is the un-entitled thing to do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter