Leaving tomorrow..Are there lovebugs and smoke?

Stayed at BWV from 9/17-9/23 last fall. LOVEBUGS!! UGGGGGHHHH!
They were out of control. My GF did not even want to be at the pool, (which she loves to do!) because of them. There were people who had to be moved out of their rooms because a door accidentally got left open, and their room became infested with them while they were at the parks. We purposely planned our trip in early Aug. to try to avoid them. We were told that they are bad mainly in May and Sept. I hope we were given good information!!

Hopefully they won't be so bad at the end of September. Where do you usually find them? At the parks? by the pools?

Poohmom :hippie:

We are at All Star Music now and will be ath BCV in a few days. There are a few love bugs around but not nearly as many as last October.

We drove down 75 yesterday and only ran into some smoke around Valdosta. There was probably only about 10 miles of smoke.

We were at BCV from May 13-18 and there were quite a few love bugs at SAB. More than we have ever saw during May. They were a little bit of a nuisance but not enough to keep us from thoroughly enjoying our time at the pool. Some days were worse than others. At least they don't bite or sting, not like the honey bee that stung me on our last day at SAB. Ouch!

Donna

Last Oct they were all over the bus stop area @ BCV; not scary bugs - just annoying - couldn't sit down, etc. Many parents used it as an opportunity to discuss the birds & the bees while we waited for the buses to arrive.:thumbsup2

Amazing isn't it... bugs attached to each other and life presents the opportunity to discuss... life. Glad I'm past that stage.... uncomfortable.

About the smoke...its been blowing into Alabama for most of the week.:mad:

Its really up to the wind.

Good Luck everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter