Lindsay & Jackie's Wishes Wedding - 5/15/15 - WP/Ariel's/UKL

After we ate, it was important to us to get up and try and touch base and talk with our guests. Two of our guests left right after the meal, so I'm super glad we already had this plan going in.

T&T signing our guestbook

While we were chit-chatting, the caricature artist set up where the food had been (it really does magically disappear…) and Nate and Kim took our rings for a #Rootshoot of their own

This was the crystal from the Cinderella chandelier!!

Meanwhile, people started lining up for a caricature and we got these gems:

And this is Jackie explaining the crystal to my mom and sister, but it looks like she's laying out plans for her next mission as James Bond. LOL.

Next up, crazy dancing and charactersssss!

So I'm just going to go ahead and call this post "the ridiculously bad dancing" post. Enjoy!

This is the shopping cart.

This is my dad unable to handle the shopping cart

Ok hopefully that made you laugh! Next up, Mickey and Donald and CAKE!

A couple of songs before Mickey and Donald were to appear, DJ Miles asked everyone to grab their ears and come out to the dance floor (hence those pictures of bad dancing with ears!). When we all got together for some group shots, Mickey and Donald made their entrance.

Us, checking out our newest guests… (Diane had them sign our guestbook while they waited for us to be ready)

Group shot #1

Crazy face!

Happy adults!

My fave dancing photos:

OMG look at how happy Tanya is!

CAKE!

This is me saying "YOUR FEET!" to Donald… I think he was a fan.

CUT!

SMOOSH! Just kidding, we loved our makeup too much to not be sweet!

The Root photo with Nate!

DJ Charles Miles!

Our Caricature!

OK reception DONE! Now for the break, and the DP!

De lurking to tell you how much I love this wedding trip report. You make a beautiful couple and your wedding is just gorgeous. Wishing you and Jackie many happy years together!

(Oh, and if there's a cute "how we met story," I'm all ears, so to speak. But not if it is too personal or intrusive. Reason is that despite being married 8 years already, I still love a good love story...)

De lurking to tell you how much I love this wedding trip report. You make a beautiful couple and your wedding is just gorgeous. Wishing you and Jackie many happy years together!

(Oh, and if there's a cute "how we met story," I'm all ears, so to speak. But not if it is too personal or intrusive. Reason is that despite being married 8 years already, I still love a good love story...)

Thank you so much for following along and for your kind words!

Our "how we met" is not at all too personal, we love our story! We met a little over 7.5 years ago on an international dating website, only to find out that we lived in next-door apartment complexes! We chatted back and forth for about a week and then decided to meet in a verrrrry public place (you know, in case we were psycho!). We have not spent a day apart since then, and that was December 21, 2007.

At the end of the reception, we had some guests head to Star Wars Weekends (it was the opening Friday!), some guests went to enjoy Epcot ahead of the DP, and others went to rest in their hotel rooms for a couple of hours. My mom went and got her car from Boardwalk and lugged the reception bin back to our room. Lauren drove Tara and Tanya to check into their room at Pop Century. Jackie and I took a load off, ate some of our cake, read through our guestbook, and talked about the day. Probably one of my favorite parts of the whole day was walking back to Boardwalk from Ariel's, and then later that evening walking to the dessert party.

We also had an icloud sharing thingum that guests (with iPhones) were uploading photos to, and from that we got a photo of part of our cake, and the rest of the caricatures, which was super fun!
Cake, we had 2 layers of almond cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, and one layer of chocolate cake with milk chocolate mousse. I don’t have a photo of the chocolate, but the almond stole the show anyway =P

Caricatures

While Jackie napped, I couldn't sleep because for some reason I was still wired, so I sorted through our bins (still not recognizing that my shoes were gone) and I packaged up the glass to be sent back to Unity in Glass.

After all that, Tara, Tanya, and Lauren came back and my mom called to see if anyone wanted to go to ESPN club w/ her for dinner before the dessert party. By the time we got me back into my gown (like I said, I must have lost 12 lbs bc it zipped NO PROBLEMO this time!), it was already almost 7 and I felt like dinner would take too long, so Tara, Tanya, and my mom went to eat while Jackie, Lauren and I walked ahead to IG. When we arrived, our event guide was already waiting with some of our guests, and they let us go in ahead of everyone and see our set up. On his way in, Nate snagged some amazing Boardwalk shots and I am forever grateful to remember my day so perfectly because of his photos!

Not very long after we were there, guests started piling in! It was so much fun to share a little piece of the magic with our favorite people.

When Illuminations was about to start, Nate pulled us over to the side and went over the fireworks strategy and we all missed Jensey some more. Apparently our guests who were not Disney people like us thought we were just randomly standing off to the side making out… LOL. Anyway, I'm obsessed with out fireworks shots as well and I just can't choose any of them so you get a bunch again!

I have NO idea why I was pointing…

I love this one because you can kind of see how much we're smiling!

We are so silly!

And Nate grabbed a photo on his way out too! <3

Thanks for reading about our favorite day!

Last edited:
Stunning!! I think the first silhouette that you posted is my absolute favorite, it's like the sky is on fire!!! <3

Everything about your wedding is incredible!
I'm sitting at work reading everything and trying not to break out in full out crying!
You two look so beautiful and so happy!
Thank you for sharing your amazing day!!!​

I love your fireworks photos. Absolutely gorgeous.
I'm feeling a little sad that your reception and dessert party are over, I was having so much fun looking at your pictures. It really looks like you all had a fun, silly, happy and romantic day.

Our "how we met" is not at all too personal, we love our story! We met a little over 7.5 years ago on an international dating website, only to find out that we lived in next-door apartment complexes! We chatted back and forth for about a week and then decided to meet in a verrrrry public place (you know, in case we were psycho!). We have not spent a day apart since then, and that was December 21, 2007.

Love it! I met my husband online too - he was also "geographically desirable," as he was only 6 blocks from where I lived.

Love it! I met my husband online too - he was also "geographically desirable," as he was only 6 blocks from where I lived.

Whats funny is that we didn't even limit our searches to "local" people either, I mean it was like a one in a thousand people were in Texas let alone the U.S.! It really is completely nuts to think about all these years later. Now all I think is that it must have been written in the stars, you know?

Stunning!! I think the first silhouette that you posted is my absolute favorite, it's like the sky is on fire!!! <3

I have such a hard time choosing, but its hard not to love the whole "girl(s) on fire" thing there, isn't it?! Thank you!!

The fireworks shots are amazing! I love the second one. The colors are beautiful.

Thank you so much! I love them all, I just had to share so many because there is NO WAY to choose! #thestruggleisreal

Everything about your wedding is incredible!
I'm sitting at work reading everything and trying not to break out in full out crying!
You two look so beautiful and so happy!
Thank you for sharing your amazing day!!!​
Awww thank you! I'm not going to lie, I full on break out into tears half the time looking at my own photos (and i have with many other Disney brides too!)!!. Thanks for reading along!

I love your fireworks photos. Absolutely gorgeous.
I'm feeling a little sad that your reception and dessert party are over, I was having so much fun looking at your pictures. It really looks like you all had a fun, silly, happy and romantic day.

Thank you! It was a very fun, silly, happy and romantic day! I'm kind of sad its over too, though I could never in a million years have dreamed that it would be as spectacular as it was!

Oh my gosh. Stumbled on to your thread by accident and I'm glad I did. It looks like the most amazing time was had by all! Great photos especially loved the ones silhouetted against the fireworks. Wishing you guys health and happiness always!

I love weddings but this one especially tugged at my heart. I actually teared up when I read the vows. You both make a beautiful couple. Congrats! You did well to push for the Roots. They really captured the mood of the wedding and it looked like a very happy one. Thank you for sharing your story and your special day. It was a real treat. Oh and by the way I love the dress and the suit, you both look stunning!

Those silhouette shots with the fireworks took my breath away. Stunning.

Thank you!

Oh my gosh. Stumbled on to your thread by accident and I'm glad I did. It looks like the most amazing time was had by all! Great photos especially loved the ones silhouetted against the fireworks. Wishing you guys health and happiness always!

I'm so glad you found us! Thank you for your kind comments!

I love weddings but this one especially tugged at my heart. I actually teared up when I read the vows. You both make a beautiful couple. Congrats! You did well to push for the Roots. They really captured the mood of the wedding and it looked like a very happy one. Thank you for sharing your story and your special day. It was a real treat. Oh and by the way I love the dress and the suit, you both look stunning!

Aww thanks! We loved our vows and our clothes and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Roots!

Holy crap, I love this wedding. I don't even know you two, but I teared up while reading through all of your day. Jackie is gorgeous, you're gorgeous, your wedding was perfection - I LOVE IT!

Congratulations, you two. You are a wonderful couple.

I sound like a parrot, but wow, that looks like an amazing wedding and so incredibly fun!

Your vows are great and I love the Winnie the Pooh reading, I may borrow that for ours, if that's okay?!

Your photos look fantastic, I love all the dancing ones and the group shots! Congrats to you both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter