October 1st, 2011 Western Caribbean on the Magic!

You were our next door neighbor!!! :sad1:

We let DCL assign our room back in Jan on the Magic. We booked Cat 11C and were "upgraded" to a porthole room on deck 2, Cat 9C. It was awful. Loud loud loud. We would've much rather had an inside room on a higher deck for sure. After that, we decided to choose our room and put a "Do not change room" request on our reservation. We booked a Cat 7A secret verandah room (which is really a Cat 5 room that has been reclassified - like your room, Fire14), so had DCL upgraded us, it may have been to a Cat 6 metal verandah or something that wasn't really an upgrade to us.

I would've taken a nice Cat 4 room aft on Deck 8 though :thumbsup2 You all enjoy those!!!!

I know our room is a special room as we have had one on other side last cruise. I was just wondering if I needed to really be checking since it seems like everyone is getting upgrades and we are not really sure if we'd want the upgrade if Tink should vist us, we like where we're at or we'd have chosen a differant cabin from get go.

Wow,
I just checked and we got moved from 6614 to 8518.
I'm glad I checked otherwise I wouldn't even notice.

I was just informed that our stateroom has been upgraded from 6632 to 8584.

Congrats to all who got upgrades! We transferred our reservaton to DU also, but no email yet. When we were upgraded two years ago, we booked through DCL, no transfer to another TA. Just thinking that there seem to be quite a few of you getting upgrades. More than usual than on past cruise meet threads. Must be there are lots of unbooked staterooms.

Jan

Congratulations everyone on the upgrades.
Is it better to transfer to DU? Is it too late for us?

My partner and I are big Disney fans and can't wait for our first cruise coming in October! I hear the Disney Magic is a great ship! We are spending a week at DW before the cruise to get all dizzed up and then hit the water for our 7 day cruise! Any other couples w/o kids going too? Love to hear from ya...
Mike & Wil :woohoo:

My partner and I are big Disney fans and can't wait for our first cruise coming in October! I hear the Disney Magic is a great ship! We are spending a week at DW before the cruise to get all dizzed up and then hit the water for our 7 day cruise! Any other couples w/o kids going too? Love to hear from ya...

Welcome to the cruise!

Welcome aboard, Mike and Wil. Just 6 weeks and 2 days........

Three adults in our party - DH Dave, DDm-i-l Carla, and me.

Jan

My son Ethan (9) and I are embarking on our very first cruise. We are both very excited. He pretty much has his whole week planned out. Most of it does not involve me apparently. :laughing: If there are any other single moms or dads in this situation we would love to hear from you.

How do we join up for the FE thing? We are totally game! :cheer2:

TTFN!

Candace and Ethan

Welcome

My son Ethan (9) and I are embarking on our very first cruise. We are both very excited. He pretty much has his whole week planned out. Most of it does not involve me apparently. :laughing: If there are any other single moms or dads in this situation we would love to hear from you.

TTFN!

Candace and Ethan
Welcome Candace and Ethan. We will be traveling with my daughter and her 7 year old son.

TTFN!

Candace and Ethan

Welcome!!!!

Jan

Hello to all you lucky Oct. 1st travelers.

My family is taking our very first cruise and we will be on the Halloween Magic cruise October 29th and I was hoping to convince someone from your group to either PM or upload updated copies of the Navigators upon your return as you will be the 1st Western Caribbean cruise since March of this year.

Also, if you can let us know if any of the upgrades have been done that we have all been hearing about (i.e. stateroom linens, iPod clocks in the room, Horn upgrade, etc.). I am so excited to find out any and all suggestions from your cruise.

We are going to be in room 6146 so if anyone has that room I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance for any help. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise and can't wait to read any of your cruise threads.

Hello to all you lucky Oct. 1st travelers.

My family is taking our very first cruise and we will be on the Halloween Magic cruise October 29th and I was hoping to convince someone from your group to either PM or upload updated copies of the Navigators upon your return as you will be the 1st Western Caribbean cruise since March of this year.

Also, if you can let us know if any of the upgrades have been done that we have all been hearing about (i.e. stateroom linens, iPod clocks in the room, Horn upgrade, etc.). I am so excited to find out any and all suggestions from your cruise.

We are going to be in room 6146 so if anyone has that room I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance for any help. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise and can't wait to read any of your cruise threads.

There have been several upgrades posted in the last 2 weeks or so on this thread. Have fun on your Magic cruise. You are cruising with friends of ours - Dave and Gail - screenname is glindamood.

Will scan Navigators to you when we return. Just PM me with email address.

Jan

We have a 14 girl, 2 16 boys, one 17 year...all first cruisers but the 17 year old..he has cruised many times...
Just wondering if we have a lot more teens to join...we are from Iowa...

Welcome to all that is new. I have a 21 year old girl a 19 year old boy and a 14 year old girl. My 2 older ones are adults by disneys standards my 14 year old is almost 15 or is it 30 hmmmmm sometimes I wonder.:rotfl:

Welcome Candace. I am a single mum who will be travelling on this cruise with my mum and my 9 year old daughter. We are from Australia. Hopefully we will meet up on board. We have not planned out to much but I am sure my daughter will be into the kid's club big time!! Jennie

Hope everyone on the East Coast is going well with the hurricane. It is getting a lot of coverage down under here in Oz. Jennie

Can't wait!! My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. This is my second Disney cruise, his first...

I was kind of hoping for an upgrade but doesn't look like that is happening.

But we will be happy to be on board. Especially after this weekend with Hurricane Irene. We live on Long Island and are bracing for it to come tonight... yikes...

Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter