Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 14, 2006:

This morning I woke up very relaxed, more-so than usual. I have to give many compliments to the new beds at the WL. They are so comfortable. Shane and I stayed together this night so we both woke up and went to meet our parents for an early breakfast and goodbye before we started getting ready for the wedding. We went down to the WCC (we ate here a lot out of convenience- especially when dealing with the wedding). I had to go down with literally horrible hair and no make-up (considering I was meeting Lisa there a little later). Our waiter made a big deal out of us getting married that day, and everyone was so nice. We had to stand up in front of the entire restaurant and toast. Very sweet. They brought us champagne and it was very nice to have some pre-event excitement.
Day342.jpg

(Notice that we were coloring the little coloring sheets they gave us. I was so relaxed. I am normally a nervous wreck about everything. )
My parents went back upstairs and mom was getting her clothes to meet me in my room, while Shane came back up with me to get the tux and his other needed essentials. By that time Carolyn Allen with Carolyn Allens was coming in the room to steam the dress. Shane and I said goodbye and she immediately got started on the dress.
Day344.jpg

She is so superb. She knows what she is doing and she does it well. She works from the moment she gets in the room and you hardly even know she is there. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use her- you won't be disappointed!
About 2 minutes after Carolyn Allen got there, Lisa Pena and her assistant came on in. I had origionally had her coming at 9:30 with the wedding being at 1:00pm. I wanted to give her plenty enough time. She decided to move it to 10:30, said I wouldnt need that long. Once she got there she made the comment that she was pleased she didn't have to get up so early. She started doing my hair. I told her I wanted it up, with curls in the back that were held down with bobby pens- like the majority of the brides have on her website (we discussed this through e-mail also prior to her coming). She said she knew exactly what i was talking about.
Hair.jpg

(I wanted hair like this! Photo was taken directly from her site!- This is NOT me!)
First of all I want to say that Lisa is the nicest woman! I absolutely loved her. She has a great since of humor, very personable, and would probobly be a friend of mine if we were relatively close in age and location. Shes a super person!
So she starts doing my hair and I am turned away from the mirror (i cannot see what is going on). She starts using about a can of hairspray on my hair- which I think is great because I want that baby to stay put! After what seemed like not very long, she tells me to get up and turn around, she is finished. At this moment RANDY walks in to take pre-wedding photos. I, personally, hated my hair.
Day345.jpg

Day347.jpg

(Please look at my hair, and the other girl in the photos hair - her assistant. Her assistant wasnt getting married that day! )
This wasnt one of those- "Please give me lots of compliments because I want you to tell me how great my hair was".. it was a "I hate my hair, it's too late to fix it. I have a can of hairspray so it would have to be washed, and Randy is here fixing to take photos- what the heck do I do." So I start thinking to myself that a good face of make-up and the veil should disguise the hair since it is too late to fix (completely not what I asked for). I, however, did not tell her how much I hated my hair. A mistake I should have made, though it was too late to do anything about. She begins my make-up. I am not turned near a mirror so I just think that she is very reliable when it comes to knowing skin tone and getting someones colors right, etc. Randy decides to go on down and take some photos of the boys getting ready (Dad and Shane) and is going to come right back up when he is finished. Randy showed up at 11:00ish (An hour before he was suppost to- So sweet of him). He said he finished what he was doing before and didn't mind shooting with me for an extra hour (I :love: Randy!).
Once Lisa is finished with the make-up I go look at it and it isnt my color of lipstick, and I had very little eye-makeup on. I wear thick eye-liner and almost have to have it to not make me look sick (you all saw my make-up'less picture above!). So I had just a minute to stair into the mirror and nearly cry before she started on my mom. I didn't know this at the time, but my hair was starting to fall out as Lisa was doing my make-up.
Day348.jpg

I hope I am not going on-and on and offending anyone, these are just my feelings. I wore my hair like this in HS sometimes just on typical days. Okay, enough about that.
She did my moms make-up. My mom has curly hair so my mom did her own. My moms make-up looked good, I will say! Lisa leaves as soon as she is finished because she had to go meet someone in a different town to do a trial run. Randy is there with us and he is ready to take us for some photos.
Day353.jpg

Day354.jpg

(My dress -Carolyn did an awesome job!)

I tell Randy to give me a minute while I rant with my mom about my hair and makeup. I stay in the mirror for a while stairing and my start walking toward my mom. She is like "Lets take a photo" and as you can see in the next photo (which I would never post normally because I look mean, upset, not happy, and just plain not good) you can see my feelings. Im like "MMMOmmm.." (you all know the mom reaction im talking about.
Day356.jpg

(I love Lisa! She is great. I want you all to take this experience as a grain of salt. I know others have stated opinions on their vendors and this is mine. I have seen nearly flawless reviews on her, this is why I chose her. I am not one to jump to complaints, im not hard to please- but this is my wedding and this just wasnt making me feel very pretty. I hope it doesnt reflect in Randy's photos).

To be continued... (More to come with Randy and his great photography, the limo, the wedding, and the after wedding. Also- tonight was our YOMD's DREAM!! Also I appologize because these are not good photos of me whatsoever. I would never post bad photos, I dont want you all to think I am snotty or anything, but I do, however, want to give an honest run of the mill experience with the vendors- something I looked for prior to my DFTW)

Maggie, I know how it feels to be dsappointed when something doesn't turn out exactly as you envisioned (and requested) it, but I just have to say you looked beautiful!

November 14, 2006 Continued...:

So Randy and I head outside of the Wilderness Lodge to take photos (Have I mentioned yet how much I love Randy? Everyone just fell in love with him!).
Day362.jpg

We took SOO many photos at the Lodge! I am really eager to find out how they turned out. He took me on top of the overlook (as seen in this photo at the top right)
Day361.jpg

At this location I dirtied up my dress REALLY good. It was filthy on the lower part near my feet (luckily only in the back where the small train was!). He is so artistic- he took poses I would have never thought to take. Everyone passing by was making the sweetest comments! The little girls would wave and their eyes would get all big :earseek: as though I was a Disney Princess or something. I would wave back and it really warmed my heart to see the little kids. The adults were so nice as well. The lifeguard went out of his way to get off the stand and come and tell me how nice I looked (Its little things like that that make you forget about the horrible hair experience). Randy said goodbye to us because he needed to get on over to Sea Breeze Point and take some photos of Shane and Rev Jack Day before we got there. While in the lobby waiting all of the front desk workers were so nice and saying the nicest things. One of the ladies wanted to take someone photos of me and mom together before getting in the limo.
Day364.jpg

Day365.jpg

Then the Limo arrived and we got on in (my nerves kicked in more during this time than any other time in the day!)
Day368.jpg

We got to the Boardwalk and Randy met us right away and was taking photos ASAP. FYI: The walk from the front of Boardwalk once you get outside to SBP is a dirty walk. DEFINATELY PICK YOUR DRESS UP HIGH! I found out later that they told Shane that they pick up brides on the golf cart sometimes- but I ended up walking it (and my dress shows it). He took photos and we laughed. I was met there by Juliana Acosta (The sweetest lady!). My WC Tanis couldnt make it. I met my dad at the end of the walkway and the wedding began.
AndersonCertificate.jpg

It was perfect. I cannot recall a lot of details because it went by so fast. LOL.. I just kept noticing Shane had this eye booger in his eye that I told him he needed to get out earlier that morning when I saw him. It was somewhat of a comic relief for me. We both smiled and it was very cute. SBP didnt seem loud to me during the ceremony- but once we got back home and watched the video tape that we took, the boats were very loud. I didn't notice at the time but we had a huge audience by the end of the ceremony. Once we kissed and turned away, there was a huge clap and there was like 20 people standing behind the gazebo clapping. After all was said and done Rev. Jack toasted to us, Randy took a few shots, Mickey and Minnie came, more photos, etc. Mickey and Minnie only seemed to be there for what seemed like 15 minutes. There is no way they could have been there for 30. They gave us our gift, did a little dancing, took some photos and were gone as quick as they came!
In my opinion, if you are hiring Mickey and Minnie there for the experience, it wasn't worth it. Im sure it will be worth it for the photos though. They were very active and very nice- but $1100 for 30minutes is a lot.
My parents left because we still had a long time to take photos so they had the limo take them back to the hotel to change clothes and go on to the parks (this was their last day). Shane and I decided to take time (like others said) and atleast take a bite of the cake. It was soo good!! My parents had taken the rest of the cake back with them so we didnt have to carry it back on our own. Randy then left and went on over to the Grand Floridian to take some more photos. We waited on the limo for about 30 minutes to come back and get us. Juliana even had to call her office and get the limo's number to check on him. He had taken my parents back over 30 minutes earlier so he had been gone for an hour or so. We stood there and talked to Juliana for a while, so sweet! We were worried that once we finally did get to the GF that Randy would have given up on us. We were wrong! Randy always pulls through!! There he was. We took some more photos, and said goodbye. At the end of our meeting with Randy I mentioned how wonderful I thought he was and was so glad that I found this board or else I would have never heard of him. He had never heard of this board and didn't know that he was such a demand here. He started blushing and was really appreciative of this. After I got home I had an e-mail from Randy asking me to keep his name alive because that is what keeps him in business. I already know I dont need to do this because his work in itself keeps him going. Hes great, and Im not just saying so (And no, he doesnt read this board!).
Day374.jpg

On the way back to the hotel we took a couple photos.
Day375.jpg

We decided to wear the shirts I had made..
Day377.jpg

.. and head on out to meet my folks at MK.
Day378.jpg

Day382.jpg

Day380.jpg

To be continued... (More to come about dinner at O'hanas, and our YOMD's Dream!!)

Maggimus,
You looked beautiful...I know you weren't pleased with your hair and make-up, but you definately made a beautiful bride. Of course, I think you are a lovely girl without make-up. :) I plan tu use Carolyn for tuxes and steaming for my VR next Thanksgiving!

Your TR is coming along well, I've enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to hear more!

November 14, 2006 continued...:

We hung out with my parents for a while at the MK before heading over to the Polynesian to eat at O'hana's. We had reservations for 9:30pm. We ate breakfast that morning, and got a bite of cake at the wedding and a little snack afterwards, but we weren't looking forward to waiting until 9:30pm to eat. We decided to head over to the Polynesian at 7:30 to try and see if they could get us in sooner. The lady at the front was so nice- she saw our shirts, and said she would try to get us in sooner than our reservation time. We didnt wait 10 minutes until they were ready for us. We followed our seater and they sat us right beside the window. The moment we took our seats, Wishes started. They timed it perfect!! The lady up front had us timed to sit down right at the window as soon as wishes started so we could watch it. It was great! A very memorable moment I might add. We ate till we couldn't hold anymore. The dancing lady was asking who all was celebrating something. Birthdays after Birthdays, Anniversarys were mentioned... but Shane and I hate calling attention to ourselves. Too late- our waiters did it for us.
Day388.jpg

They had the entire restaurant come around to our table- raise their glasses (or hands) and toast to us! So sweet!!
Day389.jpg

They then sang to us a hawaiian "marriage" song... so sweet... and everyone was so nice. Literally this trip just couldnt have gotten better. Everywhere we went at Disney we heard Congratulations, everywhere we ate (Just with the pins alone) we got such positive feedback, and many many times we heard cast members take ownership of Disney and say "Thank you so much for choosing Disney for your wedding". Thats AWESOME that people feel so great about the company they work for.

O'hana's gave us congratulations cupcakes with little disney candies on them- so cute!
Day386.jpg

I didn't eat mine because I was too busy enjoying the Bread Pudding (OMG SO GOOD!)
day387.jpg

When we were done- we all discussed how everything had turned out so picture perfect, there was nothing I would take back!
Day390.jpg

We left O'hanas at about 9:15pm. We were worried about how we were going to get from MK to the WL because the only way to get there is to take the boat - unless you go go the ticket and transportation center. The boats last departure is at 9:15pm and we were just leaving the restaurant then- we still had to wait on the monorail. We didnt get to the MK until just after 9:30pm. There was a boat docked at the MK so Shane ran full speed from the monorail to the place where you get on the boat. There were some of the employees who worked for the boats standing around talking. Shane told her that we really needed to get back to the WL, etc. My mom, dad, and I had just gotten to the place when I heard her say that we needed to act as though we were doing something else. She didnt want everyone getting off of the monorail to see us talking to her because they might want a ride as well. So i took some photos that didnt turn out (or else I would post them! haha). The electrical water show parade was playing and coming to an end by this time. So we watched the end of it. She then said come on, I'll have someone take you. Her name was Sue, and I believe she was the supervisor in this department. She noticed our shirts, my ear's etc. She said, "hold on I'll be right back". So we waited around thinking she was going to get someone to take us back to the Lodge. She goes and gets a polaroid camera, a bag with stuff in it, and a certificate. The asked us if our wedding was everything we ever dreamed it to be- and we said YES! Especially after O'hanas and everyone being so nice. As if it couldnt have gotten better... she said she wanted to award us with another dream. She was going to give us our own private boat, a bag full of goodies, and an unlimited amount of time on the water where our driver would take us whereever we wanted, however long we wanted, etc.
Day391.jpg

YOMDCertificate4.jpg

The bag had a bunch of keepsakes in it for us to remember this event. She took a photo of us with her camera to ensure that we got a photo of this, and we then met the driver.
At this moment we were blushing from ear to ear- so excited as though things couldnt be any better. Literally- we were like wow- this is so romantic. We had the entire water to ourselves. No other boats, no people around, no nothing. So we get onboard and met Matt (driver)- the nicest guy!! He took us all around the water, and then he takes us over to the Electrical Light Parade and they start the parade from start to finish right in front of us- us on the water with them. It was perfect. Literally I almost cried it was just one of those magical moments that only Disney could pull off. It might not seem that much- but when you consider that you just got married at Disney, and dont things could get any better- there Disney is- going over the top! We were on the water for 30 minutes or so, and I think I saw my mom tear up a bit from being just so excited that our wedding had turned out to be so good. It was dark out- the lights were lit up around the open boat, the electrical light parade going on (also the song we used as we walked down the aisle together). Just a perfect ending to a perfect day!
Day393.jpg

Disney- Thank you!

THank you everyone for such nice comments!! I really hope that everyone has a great Disney experience like I had!

How amazing! :wizard:

Your day could not have ended more magically and that boat ride will be something you will always remember and tell your kids and grandkids. Truly magical memories in the making. I am so happy for you and your new hubby! That sounds wonderfully romantic!

Congratulations!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Okay, first of all I know your hair and make-up weren't what you wanted, but Maggie, you looked beautiful! Don't get all biggie headed now, but you are so cute anyway, and you made a really, really beautiful bride! I love your veil, and your dress. Perfect. No BS, and I am *not* just being polite.

I love your TR, and thanks for the heads up on the dirty dress thing--you know I'll freak if my dress gets dirty.

And Maggie, I made ADRs at O'Hanas just so my DF can have the bread pudding--the guy is a serious bread pudding junkie! Glad to hear it is yummy.

You and Shane are a cute couple. Congratulations, and I am sooooo glad your wedding was all you hoped for--and more!!

YAY FOR DISNEY!!

I'm so glad you liked the attention you got from your buttons and shirts!

We live in Orlando, so we're at Downtown Disney and/or the parks all the time. So far I've seen 4 couples with buttons on and when I said congratulations, the first three couples gave me dirty looks! I was like, "wow, why would you wear the pins if you didn't want the attention??" I really thought maybe I was jinxed and was wishing couples congrats when they were having their first fight or something; lol!

But the last time we saw a couple, they smiled and blushed and said thanks and looked soooo happy. They were too cute. I, of course, assumed that the last couple was DISers and the others were not. :disrocks: Hee hee.

Congratulations, by the way!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report with us! Your magical moment sounded just perfect! What a way to end your special day! I am so glad your dreams came true! I can't wait to see your pics from Randy! :grouphug:

Thanks!! I still have 3 days left on my trip report. I am trying to get them up as fast as I can but it is hard. I am having to scan and crop all of these photos, as well as get ready for our reception this Saturday. Thanks everyone for reading!

What a magical wedding you two had! I loved what you said about CMs taking responsibility for Disney, and thanking you. When I worked at Disney, there was truly a magic there that I cannot describe but it makes you hope that guests at Disney have the best possible experience! I don't think there is any other place in the world like it, IMHO. :banana:

I wish you two all the best, and thank you for sharing your story with us! As soon as Randy gets you your photos, you better post them :thumbsup2

Congratulations again! :cheer2:

Not to be repetitive or anything....but you look amazing!! princess: Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing the magical details with us! :wizard: Keep it coming. I absolutely love your bouquet!! That's exactly what I have envisioned for my bouquet :thumbsup2

You do look amazing! I'm so glad to hear that it went so well!

Also, I love the photo of you on Dinosaur. My boyfriend and I went on that ride last March, and our photo was of me completely cowering; I was ducked down and terrified looking! I wouldn't let him get the photo, too incriminating! I kind of regret that now, though. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be just as scared next time! ;)

Awesome trip report! I love seeing all the pictures as I read along. I'm going to be totally honest with you, if that hair situation happened to me I would have been ticked too!! Not because it looked terrible (because you looked fabulous, you're so naturally pretty,) but because it looked NOTHING like what you asked for. I'm glad for your honesty because I have been going back and forth about different cosmetologists and this helps. Thank you!!!

I love your pictures! You looked so beautiful on your wedding day. And you dress is gorgeous. princess: Looking forward to more of your trip report! :teeth:

I love your trip report!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you!!!

I love your hair in the first pic you posted and I think you made a BEAUTIFUL bride!!!

I feel so bad that you didn't love your hair. I am the same way and wouldn't have said anything, plus with the time crunch there wasn't much you could have done, but you still looked beautiful!

I am glad you liked Randy so much. I am going to use him as well (based on this board's reviews!)

I can't wait to read the rest of your report! My eyes filled up when you were describing all of the magical things that happened to you! I can't wait for my wedding!!!

congrats again! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for finally posting! I've been busy and am glad to fianally sit down and read your TR! It sounds great! I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip went! :sunny:

Aww how sweet!! I know you didn't get what you expected with your hair/makeup but I still thought you looked amazing :) I can't wait to see the pro pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter