Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you had a magical time! Thanks so much for the great report and all the pictures.

Just saw this TR. You looked beautiful! How many people were at your wedding? My mom is talking about getting married and I mentioned she should do it while we're at WDW in June '08....trying to get an idea of how much that would cost... Looks like you enjoyed yourself!

Great TR! It looks like you both had a great time! The scrooge drawing is soo cute, and it must have been a great surprise. Congrats! Can't wait to read the rest.

Wow, thank you VERY much for posting all of this in such an honest and forthright manner. I'm actually sitting here showing my fiancee your pics so he can get a better understanding of Randy's work and your comments about the SBP experience!

What an amazing report and I have to echo other's comments regarding just how beautiful you looked, with and without the makeup :thumbsup2

Your trip report highlights just how much we all need this board! To be honest I have never been a "disney" person (I was slightly dragged to this location by the families) but after reading your report and viewing your pics online I am close to tears with excitement!

Thanks again and best of luck to you both!!!

Dopey- Thanks for reading!! We only had my parents at the wedding. DH's parents couldnt make it. It was a great time none-the-less.

Tesseract- that means so much that you are still reading this TR and have found it enjoyable!! Thats what I am trying to do.

A lot of my photos arent the best of either me or my DH... but it isnt about approval, its about helping each other out with each experience.. and bringing those experiences to life.

Ill be posting another installment with photos today...

November 16, 2006: Continued...

After getting our photos taken in front of the tree and fireplace at the Wilderness Lodge, we hopped on a bus and headed to Downtown Disney. We got off on the second stop so that we could eat at Planet Hollywood. Here, we met another couple who sat right beside us who was honeymooning at Disney. They were so sweet. They were from Maryland... and drink Sweet Tea (hard to find Sweet Tea in Disney!). We enjoyed one anothers company while dealing with the horrible wait staff. I dont think our waiter came to our table one twice. It was the worst service we had ever had at Planet Hollywood... and DH and I go there everytime we are at Disney.

After that took the boat from Pleasure Island over to Marketplace. We went through all of our regular stores and finally to the Christmas Store. The Christmas store is always the final stop because that's where the most purchases take place. Here we eyeballed the place for Scrooge McDuck stuff. He is a Christmas character... but.. Disney for some reason doesn't produce his stuff anymore. We found one (1) Raddko Ornament that was Scrooge for $45.00. We couldnt pass it up!!

After leaving the Christmas store we stop, as we always do, for a photo opp.! Some really nice ladies took our photo... and we returned the favor.
Day5143.jpg

Once we got back to the hotel... we hopped in bed early so that we would be well rested for our final full day at Disney.

I appologize again about the scanner. It makes every picture so unbareably bright:scared1: !! Im glad they dont look this way all the time!

November 17, 2006

This morning we woke up pretty early and headed over to the Animal Kingdom. We did a lot of animal gazing. We walked through the Oasis Exhibits and watched the Cast Members feed some of the animals. We were surprised to hear that not all of the animals in the exhibits were Disney owned. Apparently having those animals there brings in wild animals. People tend to think that they are Disney's animals behind the fence... but they arent. Disney doesn't feed these animals (especially the big wild birds..not little ones like you have outside of your house). But the cast member said that they don't seem to bother the other animals. Neat-o.

We went back to Kilimanjaro Safaris. Always a hit. We asked the CM if we could ride in the front (C'mon... we are babies at heart!). And he said if the car accomodated 2 front-seat drivers then yes. He noticed the buttons and then made it happen. We got our seats. This made for better photo taking. You know, we all have those photos of the side of someone elses arm, or head, and then a giraffe. Well.. this time we were the only seaters in our row... so there was no limbs, no nothing. Just great photos!! Our driver was a little corny but we didn't mind.
Day6148.jpg

Day6151.jpg

(look at the lions legs up in the air sunbathing-:beach: haha)

After we got off the ride we headed to Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. I love the gorillas... they are my absolute favorite. They are just so human-like its unbelievable.
Day6153.jpg

(reminds me of the movie Harry and the Henderson's...:lmao: )

Rafiki's Planet Watch was up next on the agenda. I hadn't been over there since AK first opened... we normally skip it. So Shane and I hopped on the train and headed over there. We saw Jiminy Cricket there.. and got our photo taken with him.. and went out to the Petting Zoo part. Those animals are hillarious!! We didn't stay very long... we were getting pretty hungry.
IMO, there is very little good food to be had at AK. Once youve ate the italian sandwich at Pizzafari.. you've had it all. So we headed over to Epcot for a late lunch and some rides.

Once we got to Epcot it was smooth sailing. We went back to the world showcase to find something good. We both had never ate at Germany, so decided to try out Biergarten Restaurant.
I, personally, will never eat there again. Everything tasted the same... and.. unless you are German, I dont see how you could eat 50million-some-odd sausages for a meal. Luckily they had macaroni and cheese!! We had another young couple sit by us who were so very sweet. They were just dating and from VA. They came down for a long weekend and the guy had never been to Disney before. It was his birthday too. Real nice people. We gave him the 411 on fun stuff to do:teacher: .
Day6155.jpg

We left there and decided to ride some rides. We road just about everything. The line for Test Track, as always, was backed up to the door. I feel as though this line is a little disorganized. They could have done better planning with it in my opinion. We wait for a good 20-30 minutes and get on. What a great ride. But theres no riding it again... :sad2: look at that line!

We headed to Innovations- we love that place. This is where we get to have a good time like the little kids. We road the segways...
Day6158.jpg

And by this time it was getting late and really really cold. We decided to call it a night and head back.

We took it the last sights and sounds of epcot as we officially said goodbye to our final Disney theme park. :wave2:

To be continued:... Our final moments at Disney... and we revisit Sea Breeze Point (photos included)....

November 18, 2006:

We barely got out of bed... we knew we had to leave, and pack, and all that other totally-not fun stuff to do. We got our things together.. and decided to head down to the lobby to give our things to concierge.

I started looking around at everything.. and there would be no way we would be able to take the rest of the bottom of our wedding cake home.. along with the top. So we decided to give it to the nice people downstairs at the Whispering Canyon Cafe, that made our trip so enjoyable. While Shane was dropping everything off with Concierge... I made my way to WCC. The girls there at the front were so appreciative. They were like "we will eat anything" and "thank you so so much". I felt better about doing that than ditching it in the garbage. Even though, I, personally, wouldnt have ate of someone elses cake (not knowing where it had been). But... Im glad someone could enjoy it.

Once everything was taken care of we caught the boat over to the MK... and then headed for the Boardwalk bus. We decided to go revisit the place that made all our dreams come true. I start shooting photos left and right.

Day7159.jpg

Day7160.jpg

Day7171.jpg

We get up to SBP... and theres Rev Jack Day!! He eagerly greeted us with a "grandfather hug" as he likes to call them.
Day7173.jpg

He then immediately wanted to take our photo... so, ofcoarse we did!
Day7172.jpg

He wished us lots of luck on everything and we chatted for a moment. A wedding was about to begin!! Wow... I remember what that was like. Being at the Boardwalk again was very surreal. It brought everything back as if it was the day of our wedding again. We will revisit SBP everytime we come to Disney. And THISwill be our picture spot for years to come :hug: .

After visiting we headed back toward the bus.... still taking photos of SBP from a distance...
(its the building with the Green Roof)
Day7159.jpg

Day7174.jpg

Day7175.jpg

As we approached the bus stop the limo was pulling up. I do believe it was the limo dropping off the groom. How exciting. Our bus pulled up to take us back to the MK. We then hopped back over to the WL by boat... and went to eat.

We went back to WCC to eat... one, we were familiar, and two... it was quick and easy. All of the employees were so nice to us for having given them the rest of our cake. They all came up to our table saying "its the cake couple"..:thumbsup2 - hey... it works!! So we ate, and then sat outside for the magical express to come.

It turns out that even though we flown Delta... they wouldnt let us check in with our airline there. Apparently they were having some difficulties and Delta didnt update their system when they should have or something. So.. instead of checking our luggage with concierge like normal... and letting THEM get it to the airport and on the plane.... we had to haul it. Not good when you have a heavy dress, a tux, the top of a cake, tons of souveniers... bags, etc. (BTW- concierge has a refrigerator and freezer to store your cake in while you are there... which is a big help. We used it and everything was great).

We made it to the airport, and that was the end. Bye Bye Orlando. Until next time....

They wished us a congratulations on the flight home... so nice of them. We had a young girl sitting across the isle from us on the plane that was playing with her cell phone mid flight. Always freaks me and DH out. lol.. so DH leaned over and told her to turn it off...:sad2:
I dont think he wanted to risk anything. lol... That makes for a good laugh!!

We were home again... not at Mickey Mouse's house anymore..:rolleyes: .

To be continued:. Our At-home Wedding Reception... & a few of Randy Chapmans Professional Photos

Maggie:

Great TR! You have me longing for my big day! Especially since I can live through you until then, since we are using SBP as well!! :cloud9:

Maggimus,

It was so sweet to see the pic of you and your DH at SBP your last day. That's a great spot to always take your picture together throughout the years. What a wonderful wedding and honeymoon you two had, I wish you two the best of luck!

ExCPKate- Thanks so much for your kind words!! I certainly appreciate them!!

Tink- Your day will be here sooner than you know. I remember being as close to my date as you are now... and trust me... where did the time go??

Thanks girls:grouphug: !

Here are a few of my favorite photos that Randy Chapman shot... (hopefully you will book him too!!)

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos140.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos229.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos243.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos285.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos289.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos386.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos364-1.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos445-1.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos474.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos496.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos500.jpg

(more of my favorites to come...)

Yay!!! More trip reports! Thanks for posting! It seems as though your trip was capped off just the right way, runnning into Rev Day(who was great, of course!) and taking pictures that will help keep the memories alive! I'm sure the employees were really happy to have your cake, but I know what you mean about eating somebody else's food....lol! You got some great pics at Kilimajaro Safari's! Disney is a great place to honeymoon thanks to the cast members who make it special! The pics from Randy are outstanding...I'm going crazy waiting for mine! How long did it take before you guys received yours? Can't wait to read more!! :)

Thanks becky for all your kind words.
It took about 3 weeks to get the photos on randy's website and about 5 weeks to get them here via us postal service.

Thanks for reading my report- I appreciate it!! I cant wait to read the rest of yours!!

I love reading your TR!! It gets me so excited because we're doing SBP and have Randy. I can't wait to see the rest of the at-home reception! Congrats again!

All I have to say is that you both look SO happy! I truly hope you had a magical day and have a wonderful life together! good luck at your at home reception - or was that already - if so I hope it went well.

PS: I LOVE your glasses. They are really cute!

Aww thank you!! We had our At-home Reception on December 2... as you can see I am somewhat behind:rolleyes1 ! I will be getting some of those photos posted very very soon!!

I am so glad people are continuing to read, especially this late in the game! :thumbsup2

Maggie, thanks for sharing your lovely wedding and disneymoon w/ us! I love how you two took so many pictures (I usually forget to do that!). You looked so so so beautiful on your wedding and you 2 look so happy :love: I love Randy's pictures! I am so excited to use him for our wedding. Congrats again, I hope you two have a wonderful, happy, long life together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter