Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!!! Reading your recap is only making me more excited! I can't wait to see the rest!

November 15, 2006:

We all went to the Resort together to say goodbye, and for some reason- this was very hard for me. I mean, I have lived with Shane for 2+ years, we have taken many vacations alone, and with my family, and I have never really had a problem. But saying goodbye this time was just exceptionally emotional for me. Maybe it was the emotion of all of the events in one or something. I just couldnt keep myself from crying. We left them outside waiting on the Magical Express and headed back to the MK to get our mind off of things, and really begin our honeymoon.

I LOVE your trip report and your wedding. Your family and the wedding just sound perfect!! I can relate so much to your happiness and sadness in the event. But the quote above really struck me--I felt the same exact way when my family left. Like you, it wasn't new for me and dh to be alone on vacation, but I was SO sad and emotional when first my brother left and then later my parents. My sister and her dh had stayed off property and not really hung out with us much during the event so it wasn't as hard to say goodbye to them...but my brother and mom leaving really threw me into an emotional fit!!

Congrats--I love reading your posts!!

I am glad to know I wasnt alone. To this moment I really dont know why i felt that way. Sometimes I get this urge in me to call my parents... over and over again, as if something is wrong -- but knowing that nothing is. It was as if I didnt want my parents to leave, I wanted them to stay with the magic of it all. I cried a lot. I dont think DH understood very much. At one point during the hugs goodbye I started to cry, and it was just a surreal moment. I am really glad that my parents were there to share in the event. They will always be a huge part of me... and maybe thats what it symbolized... although im all grown up and apart from them... we will always be one big family.

November 16, 2006: Continued...

They were from Maryland... and drink Sweet Tea (hard to find Sweet Tea in Disney!).

Maggimus, My husband was dying for a good sweet iced tea the last time we were in Walt Disney World and I just happened to be at the Writer's Stop in MGM buying an iced mocha when I got the idea to just buy a hot tea and make it iced for him. He bought our food at Pizza Planet and asked for a large cup of ice. I bought the hot tea, steeped it a few minutes longer than usual, added a little bit more sugar than usual and slapped it over the ice. Just between me and you, the prices are (for Disney) very good at the Writer's Stop (it's beside the Sci-Fi Drive-In).

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ws.htm

Hot Drinks

100% Arabica or Columbian House Blend or Decaf - $1.50
Cappuccino / Cafe Latte - $3.00
Espresso - $1.51
Mochacino / Mocha Latte - $3.50
Mickey's Hot Chocolate - $2.40
Hot Tea, American or Earl Grey - $.70
Flavored Syrup - $0.50
Steamers $2.50

Cold Drinks

Cafe Cooler / Frutta Cooler - $3.20
Ice Cappuccino (freshly brewed over ice) - $3.00
Bottled Water - $2.50
Milk - $0.60
Chocolate Milk $1.99

Assorted Cookies and Pastries

More Randy Chapman Photos while I get my reception photos on here... so that I can add that part of my experience to the TR...

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos583.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos586.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos602.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos836.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos718.jpg

Ahh... Sweet Tea. I tell ya what, we seriously looked high and low for that stuff in Disney. It was simply no where to be found. My mom was able to satisfy herself by sweetening non-sweetened tea. Are there a very limited amount of people who drink that stuff or something? Disney is great with pleasing just about everyone (though I am surprised about them accomodating vegetarians as little as they do)... but NO SWEET TEA??

Well... maybe one day they will catch up with the times...:cloud9:

CottontailCurl- We will definately try out that place next time. Hopefully soon (Im ready to go back!!)

Thanks PrincessDisneyBelle...

If you look close in that picture you can see just how dirty a Disney dress gets!! The entire bottom of my dress was black. Randy did great editing work and got it removed from most photos... but this one shows it a little. I kinda like it- reminds me of that part of the experience.

Yeah I can see, I was just showing my Mom that. We are gonna have a layer of netting put under my train to help with the dirt.

I wish I had thought of that, seriously!! Let me know how it works out. My dress had the really thick bushy slip (which I thought would take a lot of the dirt) but... I went against having a bustle (something I wished I had got). I figured it would be so few of us, and we wouldnt have a real reception there... so no need. But.. I didnt consider all of the photo taking. Nor did I take my dress into consideration as I made plans with Randy to shoot at all the 500-trillion-something spots.

Please let me know how that works out for you!! I wish you the best of luck with it.

I love your photos Maggimus! As much as I'd love to book Randy for a photo shoot, I don't think it's a good idea in our case. We're taking care of everything ourselves financially and I'd like to keep things are streamlined as possible!

I hope your at-home reception went great! Your TR definitely got me excited for our upcoming intimate wedding at WL! I can't believe we've got a little over a month left . . . it won't go fast enough! :goodvibes

afinter...
WL??:woohoo: That makes me excited for you! I think the WL is one of the most romantic spots in WDW. Nothing like cozy'n up to one another in such a great setting!!
I can understand about pinching pennys as much as possible! My DH and I paid for our entire things ourselves as well. We found Randy to be more expensive.. 600-something more dollars than we would spend otherwise. If you do change your mind and go with Randy, you certainly wont be disappointed. He does ask for half payment at a time, so it isnt a big chunk all at once (which can be nice). We opted out of getting Stan at STVS to do our videography (although I really wanted it..)... but for that price, my parents could buy a brand new hi-tech video camera that they could keep- and just tape it themselves. So we did that. I wouldn't take my photos back for the world.
Disney does a fabulous job on photography (heck... its disney- they make sure they have nothing but professionals doing EVERYTHING!). Regaurdless of your vendors... things will be perfect. You are getting so close to your big day. I absolutely cannot wait to hear how everything goes. Take TONS and TONS of photographs of everything (EVERYTHING)... because you will want to look back and remember it all. The entire wedding & honeymoon flies by. Then all you can do is go home, write a TR.. and relive your experience here on the DISBoards (and all that mushy gushy marriage stuff..). :cheer2:

If you do change your mind and go with Randy, you certainly wont be disappointed.

Haha . . . I just read this after I announced that my DF influenced my decision enough to book Randy! :rotfl:

I can't argue with my DF on wanting such beautiful photos, in fact I secretly wanted them! I'm just glad my DF saw Randy's work and wanted him to photograph us. We discussed the matter and decided to let go of a few "extras" that we were going to enjoy down in Disney, but we decided the photos would be everlasting and well worth it! I suppose it was a little bit of pixie dust at home! pixiedust:

afinter.... you are so right. The photos are everlasting. Thats the only thing that you can pass on from generation to generation... and what a great thing too. Good Luck- I certainly wanna hear all about how it goes.

I just love your TR! You looked beautiful!! All of your pictures turned out wonderful & I love the pic of you on Dinosaur because I am terrified of the ending of that ride, :eek: we always buy the picture because my face is buried in DBF's chest haha. :lmao: Randy's photos turned out wonderful as well, your day seemed so romantic and all the extra magical touches that you experienced are something only Disney can do. Thank you for sharing your special day! :goodvibes

Everytime I get onto that ride I tell myself not to look stupid in the photo... and everytime I end up doing just that. I swear that part is really surprising and scary!! We would never have bought it had I not look terrified to death. Its always good for me to laugh at myself every once and a while...:rotfl2:

great Report and beautiful Pics... looks like you had a fun time:cheer2: :cheer2:

Love your TR - really realy nice wdding and overall trip. I am so happy that you had the dream wedding you wished for! MAkes me want to renew m vows there (we eloped the first time.) Thanks!

Thank you for the TR, it has been a fantastic read, I've really enjoyed it.

You look stunning, your dress is beautiful, princess: your picture's are great.

It looks like you had a wonderful time. :cloud9:

Love Wendy xxxprincess:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter