Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!! You looked beautiful and very, very happy :teeth: Thank you so much for sharing your wedding and honeymoon trip report - it's like we were all there with you! We honeymooned at WL too and they made a big fuss at WCC and like you, we are not ones to call attention to ourselves, but it was SO Disney and just fun!

Congratulations again - can't wait to read more!!

Maggimus - thank you for sharing your TR with us. Your YOMD was so magical!!! Must have been so wonderful!!! I am booked with Lisa Pena for my hair and make-up as well as my mother, and 2 of my bridesmaids. I will make sure to speak up if I don't like what I see... but since I only have a vague idea of what I want, maybe it won't be so bad. I agree with everyone else on here... I think you looked beautiful. You were a stunning bride. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and see Randy's pics. Although, I probably won't get to see them til after we get back from our trip. I promise to write a TR. Just hope it can be as great as everyone else's. :goodvibes

Maggimus You Looked Beautiful. You and your dh look like a perfect match. I am sooooo happy (almost) everything went perfect. Also glad that you are focusing on the positive. Hope your marriage goes as perfectly. Lots of congratulations!!!!!!

I'm so happy you've shared the rest of your report - ups and downs and all. To be quite honest, even though it wasn't your vision, you looked absolutely lovely!!

~LJ

The pictures and the report are fantastic!!!! It has got me all excited for my wedding, wish it was sooner!

Hope you both have a happy life together.

btw I love the mickey shaped towel!

Wow what a great trip report. You looked absolutely stunning.
It was so nice to read about your wonderful day on a cold, damp day in England. It really brought a smile to my face.

We are going to have dinner at O'Hanas after our wedding next year, it looks like a great choice.

Congratulations to you both

Maggimus- Great trip report!!!!! Your mickey and minnie shirts are so cute! Where did you get them and what did they say? thanks!!!!!!

Thanks so much everyone for all the nice things that you each have said. I was really worried about posting about the hair incident on here, but I felt like I needed to.

Sefny- haha!! I was so scared on that Dinosaur ride at that part, and I dont really know why. We had to buy that photo because my reaction was hillarious!! Sometimes its good to have a good laugh at yourself, otherwise people like me would go crazy.

DIP626- That bouquet was Disney's Orange Calla Lilies. I couldnt have been more impressed. I absolutely loved them!! I hope yours end up being all you want and more!

SRUAlmn & VistaLeigh's- I am so glad that you were understanding of my hair/make-up incident. I have heard such wonderful wonderful things about Lisa- and she was a fantastic person. After all was said and done though I was happy to get out of my dress, brush my hair, and move forward. It was only a day, and though that day is filled with more pictures than you take in a lifetime- it will all work out. Im very pleased I paid for Randy- a superb photographer who can edit just about anything!!

Happylalagirl- I want to take a moment to say congratulations on all the many great things going on in your life right now, and I hope you have the best trip you can possibly imagine!! Disney does an over-the-top job and I wouldnt have changed things for the world, I know you wont either!! Have a wonderful trip and I cant wait to read your TR.

Springojoy- As for the shirts, I got them at disneyshopping.com. There was (I dont know that there is anymore) a place where you can order custom t-shirts. At one point they were on sale for $7.99 a shirt (i think some people got theirs for $5). I got some for my DH and I that had the mickey bride and groom and it said
Our Wedding in Walt Disney World
Shane & Maggie
November 14, 2006
I had my parents some that said
Shane & Maggie's wedding in walt disney world
Mother of the bride (Dads read Father of the Bride)
November 14, 2006
Same for his family.

You might be able to call Disney and see if they can still make them for you! GL!

I will be adding more TR soon. I have been so busy with getting ready for my reception this Saturday, paying bills, getting back into the normal swing of things, and working on this changing my name process (what a shananagens this has been!). Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me!

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get round to this trip report! I have been so busy organising Christmas I've hardly been on here at all. However I have now read your TR so far and am looking forward to reading the rest.

Maggimus, you looked absolutely beautiful on your Wedding Day :bride: I have heard wonderful reports about Lisa and the only reason I didn't choose her is because I love dark, dramatic make up. I, like you, require eye liner and I will not leave the house without it so I chose BeauteSpeciale, BUT personally I think you looked stunning. You are so cute and your glasses emphasise your eyes so I really think you looked great anyway! I totally understand how you felt though about your hair and make up, you envision a certain style and if you don't get what you asked for then tears normally follow. Trust me though, you really did look wonderful and I'm sure your pics turned out great.
Plus your dress was amazing, I liked it when I saw it from your trial pics, but it really suited you perfectly on the day, esp when you smiled ;) I am thinking of using Carolyn Allens now myself.

I am so glad you like Randy. I've booked him too and he just seems to get glowing reports from everyone. I can't wait to see your pics from him. Did you ask him to come to your hotel and take getting ready pics? I though of asking him to do that, but wondered if he would mind travelling back and forth.

So what did you think of SBP? I'm looking forward to seeing your pics of here. Is it everything you imagined it would be? Your day sounded truly magical and I think just getting the odd congratulations from cast members etc makes it all the more special.

Oooh and you have the same bouqet I want, the callalillies, aren't they the most beautiful flower ever? They have always been my favourite and always knew I wanted them as my wedding bouquet, I just haven't picked the color yet, but the orange looked beautiful, very bright and eye catching.

Awww, it makes me want my wedding to be sooner. Can I ask what flavor of cake you had Maggimus?

It sounds like Disney went out of their way to make your day truly special and I'm sure all of us future brides are eager to experience all they have to give ;) I love all your pics, I'm gonna make sure my mum takes loads of pics of us on the plane etc as I'm gonna need this for my huge trip report! Nice to hear that you wouldn't have changed much. I have really enjoyed reading your trip report so far. Good luck with the reception on Saturday, I hope you have a wonderfult time.

November 15, 2006:

This morning we woke up for the first time, husband and wife. We went down to meet my parents to get breakfast. They were leaving later on to go back home. We all got on the boat to head over to the Magic Kingdom for a little while (since it was close) for them to get in some last minute fun before they had to leave. On the boat- this guy working...
Day496.jpg

...thought it would be funny if Shane wore my ears until we got to the MK. Shane, the good sport that he is, didn't mind a bit.
Day495.jpg

(Shane's pen in hand working the soduku puzzle that comes in the USA Today that is delivered to the room. Shane was so excited about these because he works one everyday at work- and they had one at our room each day- so he didnt have to miss out on any of them)
As we got off the boat- the gentleman thanked Shane for being a good sport. Apprently some arent so willing to go with the flow.

Once we got to the Magic Kingdom we got on the train and headed over to Frontierland.
Day497.jpg

There we had the opportunity to get a character photo or two..
Day4101.jpg

And watch the toy story characteres pass by...
Day498.jpg

Day4100.jpg

We then headed over to Mickey's Toontown Fair for some photos (Always a great place to get photos)
Day4103.jpg

(Minnie's backyard gazebo)
Day4106.jpg

We rode some rides, and just simply enjoyed our last minutes together before my parents had to head back to the resort to catch the Magical Express.
We all went to the Resort together to say goodbye, and for some reason- this was very hard for me. I mean, I have lived with Shane for 2+ years, we have taken many vacations alone, and with my family, and I have never really had a problem. But saying goodbye this time was just exceptionally emotional for me. Maybe it was the emotion of all of the events in one or something. I just couldnt keep myself from crying. We left them outside waiting on the Magical Express and headed back to the MK to get our mind off of things, and really begin our honeymoon.
Day4109.jpg

We got to ride all of the rides my parents dont really enjoy... and I finally got to try a Dole Whip (VERY GOOD!!). As we were fixing to leave to call it a night- we heard something over the loud speaker. Shane, the goof-wad-harry that he is, says "The park must be closing"... but he turns around and there is Cinderellabration. Ofcourse... we COULD NOT miss this. SO we turned around and walked back up to the castle, and still managed to get great seats.
Day4113.jpg

Day4115.jpg

Day4116.jpg

We then left the MK and went back to the resort. We grabbed a bite to eat and called it a day. I mean, we called it a honeymoon!

Love the pics- especially the one wearing he's wearing your ears!
I am envious your DH is such a good sport- my DF won't even wear the Mickey groom hat!
Was going to the parks relaxing or tiring after the wedding? Looks like you had a ball!
Y'all take a great picture! :wave2:

November 16, 2006:

This morning we woke up and got ready for our Honeymoon photo shoot. Let me just say that it was like a cold front had come in overnight. We were burning hot the previous day, and then we were bundling up. Out of nowhere it got really cold. DH almost had to breakdown and buy a sweatshirt.

At 10:30am was when I had wrote down for the photoshoot (from Rosie). We got to the MK...
Day5125.jpg

...walked into City Hall and the people at the desk looked at us with frustration. They said that the photographer had just left. We were like "What do you mean?".. apparently there was a mix up with the times, and they had 10:00am wrote down. So we were like, nevermind- we arent going to waste our time waiting on the photographer to get back and let it take time away from our Honeymoon. So we walked over to Exposition Hall and took our own photo shoot. Here are the results.. (Might not be done with a professional camera- but I guarantee we had a lot more fun!)
Day5119.jpg

Day5120.jpg

Day5121.jpg

Day5122.jpg

Day5123.jpg

Day5124.jpg

We decided that we had had enough of MK for this trip. We headed over to MGM for some daytime fun!
Day5128.jpg

Shane started working magic with this guy on the street. He looks so Las Vegas like and was really good. Him and Shane got a good laugh from one another..
Day5126.jpg

I recommend stopping and seeing this guy if you get the opportunity.

Shane just loves Lights, Motors, Action! So we watched that show and ate right there at the Studio Catering Co Flatbread Grill... they have the absolute best Chicken Ceasar Wraps..yum!

We then walked over to Indiana Jones and watched the Stunt Spectacular. Here we found a cast member with a Scrooge McDuck pen. We are HUGE Scrooge Collectors and you cannot hardly find anything Scrooge these days. We have about 8 or 9 pens, but they are very hard to find. Right now Disney is only selling 1.

Aww... then we went through shops and rode some rides before we could watch Beauty and the Beast. So sweet. Here are some photos from it...
Day5130.jpg

Day5133.jpg

Day5134.jpg

Day5135.jpg

Day5136.jpg

(okay, okay- i love pictures!)

We then got a photo with an incredible chick-- no, not a girl that is incredible.. really... an incredibles girl!!
Day5129.jpg

Then it happened. One of our most memorable moments from the trip.......

We walked into this shop that someone had recommended us go to, to find a good Scrooge McDuck animated drawing from one of the Disney Artists. They were pretty pricey (30 or so dollars without it in the frame)... we kept looking at the styles of Scrooge paintings you can have made. We finally walked into this shop and this guy asked us what we were looking for (After we had been going through his books for a while).. we told him we loved Scrooge, but there just isn't much of him. We got to talking about where we were from (Tn) and he had mentioned that he goes to Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge a lot (where we are from). We continued to talk. He asked us our names, where we were staying, and room number. He wanted to get his card to us before we left (he didnt have one) so when he came to TN maybe we could meet up (Shane gave him his work number). SUPER nice gentleman. Well come to find out.... he was going to be doing something for us that we will never forget.
Let me skip ahead a little bit. We woke up the next morning with a voice message on our telephone. We had something for us at the front desk. Shane went to pick it up while I got ready... he came back and we opened it..
ScroogeDrawing.jpg

It was a gift!! He did this for us, free of charge. He was so nice to have done that. Jason Zucher will forever be a friend of ours pixiedust: The lady at the front told Shane that a gentleman had dropped this off and wanted her to give it to us. How nice that he hand delivered it!! More Disney magic!

After having met Jason, and before knowing what he was actually planning to do for us.. we decided to go on back to the hotel. We were very surprised to find the wilderness Lodge all decorated for Christmas. They had just put up the Christmas Decorations while we were at MGM!!
Day5137.jpg

Day5138.jpg

Day5139.jpg

Okay, a quick photo opportunity before heading out to Downtown Disney...
Day5140.jpg

Day5141.jpg

(The tree was massive!)

To be continued....

Thanks StephSFL- It was actually very relaxing. The wedding was the most stressful part. Once it was over, it was all uphill. DH doesnt like taking photos all the time like I do, but he is a good sport! DH didnt like the groom ears, we bought them but he didnt wear them- says it makes his ears look big :confused3 .

Thanks Cryssi- The actual photos arent as bright as they seem. My HP all-in-one scanner makes them look really bright. If I could get it to tone down that flash on the scanner the photos would turn out better.

Wow, what an amazing gift! That was so special and I love all the pics you guys took :thumbsup2

Maggimus! What a great TR! I am having almost as much fun reading it as you had having the actual fun! And my feet stay fresh! :rotfl2: What a nice thing for that man to do for you all--what a wonderful gift.

:love:

Ahhh...I'm so happy for you and Shane--and you two are really a cute couple.

I know this is late, because I've been sooo behind reading everybody's Trip Reports, but I had to tell you....Congratulations!!!! You were beautiful on your wedding day!!! I'm so glad Carolyn Allen worked out well for you(I completely agree that she is great!) Sorry about Lisa, and I don't blame you a bit for posting the truth. That's while we're all here! No matter what she did, you looked fantastic! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter