• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Make Up At Wdw Do You Wear It???

Disney Talker

<font color=navy>WDW AND USF ADDICT<br><font color
I gave up on make up at WDW years ago, as it tends to run down your face and you look like the Bride of Frankenstein..oops that is Universal STudios..heheehee

Somewhere here I read once a long while back that some make up is better than others in the heat of Florida. I use the regular over the counter brands sold at discount stores, nothing fancy here.

Any advice anyone has is helpful...also am I the only make upless female at WDW...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm always amazed at how many women with perfect hair and makeup are running around WDW. How do they do that?!?!

In cooler weather, I wear all of my makeup, including foundation. When it's hot, I skip the foundation and use loose powder instead. Put it on very very lightly or it will cake and look crappy.
I use waterproof mascara, and a little tinted lipgloss.

I don't even bother with my hair at WDW - I usually just wear a visor all day.

I wear makeup, but I always wear very light makeup anyway, so it tends to not run much. I find that powder is essential with sunscreen, since I already have oily skin and powder reduces the shine. And of course, powder makes your face look pale, so I don't have much of a choice after that. I wear Estee Lauder mascara, and it does seem to wash off well. When you get wet, it just sort of disolves without running down your face. It doesn't stay on all day when you ride wet rides and sweat, but at least it doesn't smear.

I never wear foundation (skin too oily, don't like the feel) but I do dot concealer on my "trouble spots" (I have genetic dark circles under my eyes). I use Revlon Colorstay and I have never had a problem with it not staying put. I live in Houston, so I know the ins-and-outs of what makeup works in the heat & humidity.
I also use Max Factor waterproof mascara, Revlon Colorstay eyeliner, and L'oreal eye shadows with no problems.
I still haven't figured out a good shade of lipstick and what brand will stay put without giving me "lip cracklies," since I have very dry lips.
-MrsAPalm

The reasons why I love weekends and WDW... no make up and no pantyhose! Life just doesn't get any better. A shower, shorts, t-shirt and ponytail and this gals ready to go! Thankfully, I inherited my Mother's youthful skin.

You are not alone in the makeupless department.

I went this last May, and I just did not bother with any primping. And it felt so GREAT!!!!
I wore sunscreen, sunglasses, and lipstick. My hair went up in a ponytail, which I had not worn for years, along with a hat.
I made sure I had super comfy sandals, and I wore those great tank tops with the shelf bra built in. Didn't bring them, but made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for a few. I was sooo cranky the first days when I wore a seperate bra.
I even wore men's bathing suit trunks instead of shorts when we were at Universal/IOA, so I could get just as wet as my kids, and dry off quickly.
I could not believe the ladies walking around in jeans, high heals, hair perfectly done, more power to them, but I would have died in the 92-95 degree heat.

I use Bare Ecsentuals. It is a loose powder foundation and is made from minerals. All their products are made from natural minerals and are wonderful for oily skin and for when you're going to be in heat and humidity. I LOVE this stuff! I order it from QVC. You can go to QVC.com and then follow the menu selection to beauty and to BareEcsentuals. It's a little more pricey than Revlon or the like, but it lasts forever.

I do foundation and cover-up stick. Especially because of the sunblock in it. Plus, I'm really fair-complected and my skin gets blotchy in the heat, so it helps "even" me out. Then I keep a powder compact in my pack so I can powder my nose. ;)

I hate wearing make up so I rarely wear it at WDW. The only time I wore it was for dinner at Cali Grill and a night out at Pleasure Island...and I wore makeup because I wore a skirt those two nights.

I actually wore it everyday and I don't wear it at home that often...

I used my needing to put make-up on as an excuse to get my Fiance to drive to the parks each morning and I did it in the car.

I didn't want to drive while there because I had driven 3/4 of the way down from Canada and was tired of the drive.

My fiance is sooo nice that he didn't call me on it even though I think he caught on by day 3...:D

maaayybee lipstick, but that's it! I like the au natural feel while on vacation. DH is so sweet, he says every time how beautiful he thinks I am without it. He is such a sweetie... i think, however, that its just because it takes me less time to get ready and we're out the door quicker!

On vacation in WDW I wear moisturizer with sunscreen and waterproof mascara. My eyelashes are very light, so I feel better wearing the mascara, otherwise my eyes look like they are puny. I might add a little lipstick for a nice dinner out!

:earsgirl: Krissy

While I'm there it's only cover stick! And I actually wear minimal makeup year round. BUT after we develope the pictures I always think, ummm maybe I should invest in some? We always see the perfect hair, makeup ladies too, but we do rest breaks and showers during the day and still don't pull that look off? I think some of it is permanetly applied? Why else isn't it dripping off? Maybe is some kind of tatoo makeup? :rolleyes: MKY

Kermit: what kind of mascara from estee lauder? I hate mascar cause it makes my dark circles worse than ever when you remove it, this stuff sounds great!

Yes, I wear mine EVERYDAY!;) I even go back to the room, after a nap, and shower and Refresh the Make-up for late afternoon/evenings! I wear Cover Girl Fresh Look in Classic Tan....I am on my LAST container, and I cannot find it ANYMORE here in S. Fla.!:mad: I am hoping to find it in Ga. when I go in 4 days! Anyone can help me with this, I would Appreciate it!:o

mkymouse4ever, it's called More than Mascara. I do only put one coat on (but that's all you'll need), and I don't put any on my lower lashes. That takes a little getting used to if you normally do the top and bottom, but the top is all you really need in the daytime anyway.

All I use is a moisturizer with sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen (sunburned lips REALLY hurt). If we go somewhere nice for dinner I add a little lipstick and mascara, but that's it.

I NEVER leave my house (or hotel room!) without eyeliner and mascara, both waterproof. The mascara is Cover Girl marathon, and I can't remember what the eyeliner is and I'm too comfortable here on my sofa to go upstairs t look! I wear glasses, and without eye makeup it looks like I have no eyes!

That being said, I wear a natural bronze lipstick with sunscreen in it, and lots of whatever #45 sunscreen I have on my face. I've had skin cancer. I don't take chances! I carry a little bottle of astringent in my day bag, and every couple of hours, I wipe my face and reapply the sunscreen. This prevents me from getting those oh-so-unphotogenic spots and blotches all over.

As for my hair--it's long, so I wear it up--a ponytail, a bun, a braid pinned out of the way--nothing fancy. And I always wear a big, floppy brimmed hat (the skin cancer thing). My beautiful, even tan is thanks to Neutrogena's Sunless Tanning spray!

I can't figure out how the "high-heel" set even manages to walk around all day, never mind how they walk around without messing up the hair and makeup.

Beth

I wear makeup. I wear mojave magic morsurizing tint with sunscreen(very light coverage) and I use mojave magics yellow powder(that's the key for whoever posted about powder "pailing" them. Also
Mojave magic tinted lip conditioner (with sunscreen in it) ladys you have got to try this stuff it is the smoothest lipstick ever, my lips actually feel better from using this stuff.
All available thru QVC by the way. I haven't found a mascara I love yet, but I use something waterproof. A little bronzer and I'm good. I have no problem with this regiman in any heat. All of it is very light. Just discovered the Mojave Magic and I'm in love, it all just is hints of color the way I like it.

Never wear more than moisturizer or sunscreen with perhaps a touch of eyeliner, at home or at WDW. Hair in ponytail even though my mother says I am too old for one! My husband loves them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter