Make Up At Wdw Do You Wear It???

Great idea about the men's swim-shorts IOWA girl!
I bought LANDS END's womens tank top and shorts (prob. same material) for probably 5X the price - but I must admit the bennie of getting soaked and drying off quick is worth it!

Those of you liking the mens shorts...try this. Target carries board shorts for women. They are bathing suit material and cut like long shorts...perfect if you have a small waist and bigger thighs. Pair them with a tank or tankini top and you are set.

As for makeup...only for dinner at V & A...otherwise...moisturizer with sunscreen and lip gloss (with sunscreen)...and a ponytail or a visor...and sunglasses...don't forget to protect the eyes ladies!

I always wear Lancome waterproof mascara. It keeps the curl in my lashes (sadfully lacking) so I feel naked w/o it. Also, Lancome sunblock and Avon lip sunblock. I don't bother too much from there. Add blush, eyeliner, and lipstick for the special times.

On our first trip in July, the weather was scorching and my eye makeup looked great all day. I found out pretty quickly to put my hair up in a clip to cool off. With the right twists and curls, it didn't look too bad!

no make-up here, unless its a nite out for dinner or PI, & grew my hair out for that pony tail this year!;)

Wow
I just haf my hair cut short and never even thought of that! I might have to let it grow now rather than keep it short!

I am however having LASIK's eye surgery before we go so YAH no more contacts no more glasses! Swimming and the waterparks will be AWESOME without worrying that you might lose a lense!
;)

Patty T...Wow I got lasik it is so wonderful. You will love it. No problems or anything I had a minus 6.5 and now I'm 20/20.

Shelly
My big debate now is to go ahead with schedualed appt. locally at $4000. or to go on a big vaca to Niagra Falls and have it done for $1100, then we get a vaca too and it will still be chaeper total! I am researching it now! I can't believe how much cheaper it is in Canada!
Either way it is getting done and I can't wait!

Wow, I think I would take the vacation. But why is it cheaper? Is that in us dollars?

I ti sin US dollars.
I asked my consultant at the optometrists and she made it sound unregulated by stating that 'In Canada they treat it like having your ears pierced and have interns doing it in malls" she actually scared me (granted I understand why)
Then yesturday at my sons 18 month I asked my physician and she said the lower price was because Canada has lower mal-practice therefore much lower malpractice insurance. She just said that if I chose to go to Canada I should stay there a full week to make sure I don't get an infection etc. But if you are going to have a problem you will usually know within the first few days after.
:)

OK - I just have to add something to the makeup thing....

I always wear some form of make-up. I have to wear a little concealer - I like Prescriptives Virtual Skin or Camoflauge in the little tubes. Then I wear powder - something from Physician's Formula (I put it on with a brush, so it's really light). OH - I always put concealer on my eyelids - it evens out the color so I don't HAVE to wear eyeshadow, and it helps make the eyeliner and shadow stick.

For sweat-proof eyeshadow, Estee Lauder makes something called "Go Wink" in a little tube. It is very light and creamy - dries to powder. And shimmery (oooooh)...

Eyeliner is either Revlon Colorstay, Lancome Stylo Eyeliners OR Mac eyeshadow in a dark color (wet or dry).

Mascara - anything waterproof from Lo'real - but not on the bottom lashes.

That's it! Sounds like a lot - takes 2 minutes, and lasted all day in 90++ degrees when I was just there!

OH - last thought - if you have an eyeshadow that is the same color as an eyeliner, dab a little on the line and it sets the liner.

Also - I am very jealous of the LASIKs.

I never wear make-up unless I have to. No offense ladies, but I am not out to snag a man or get a job at Disney. I look at it as more time I have to spend getting ready when I could be out the door to the mouse!

I just wear sunscreen and mascara and eyeliner. Short hair so that's no problem. However, I have to ask, IowaGirl, do you have any idea how those tank-tops with the built in bras are for the more chesty ladies?? I'ld love to wear them, I hate that strap-slipping feeling, but I'm not sure how they'ld be with my build. 5'8" with a d cup. Any thoughts anyone??? I'm going in Aug '03 and the thought of any extra clothing is repulsive.

OH - I didn't see the built in bra question.....

I wear a DD - and I can't wear one of those tanks in public - except for the really heavy spandex ones that smoosh everything tight and unmoving. And those are toooooo hot.

I'd try a couple on - Target has some cute ones - and dance around in the dressing room and test it out a bit.

Makeup at WDW? No way. Sunscreen and chapstick with SPF is my beauty routine for the theme parks.

I wear Bare Escentuals too and it is fabulous. It is a mineral powder that covers like foundation yet it feels like you have no makeup on. It is especially wonderful in the heat. You look natural but better. Ordered in from QVC. Would highly recommend it .

Goofy4Tink--
I was little self-conscious about running around without a bra, too, but I'm only a A/B:D
I am not sure what I'd recommend, except that I feel you should wear whatever you feel comfortable in, and who cares what other people think. My first day in 95 degree heat with a seperate bra and tee-shirt just about did me in, so I've learned my lesson.
My sister who is a D has a couple of bathing suit tank tops with kind of a double, more durable cup system built in. I think she bought them at Layne Bryant or a plus size catalog. I'll have to ask her.

As for board shorts, I'd still feel obligated to wear underwear!!! If men can wear those swim shorts with the net underwear, so can I!!!!!

Oh yeah - guys swim trunks are the way to go. They are lightweight - long enough - they don't bind or chafe. AND - ya can't beat the little meshie undies.

PLUS - the pockets are always AWESOME.

My favorite ones I bought at Target - when I go creek hikin' I wear those with a tankini top. Very comfy.

Kermit, I finally got to the cosmetic counter at marshall field's! The estee lauder is GREAT! I bought the more than mascara and its new sister "illusions" and both wash right off with just water! No stains! yippee, woohoo! Looks like i'll be setting the clock a few minutes earlier, now that I have no reason not to do the eye make-up at work! MKY;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter