Make Up At Wdw Do You Wear It???

For those that use the QVC Bare Escentuals ffrom QVC, any tips on deciding what shade to order. I was thinking light although they did not have a picture of fair on the web site. It sounds great. Thanks.

I must wear the makeup as a sunscreen. A regular sunscreen just does not work or last long enough on my extremely fair skin. I use some sunblock or moisturizer with sunblock and then I use one of those foundation powders. You are right...the liquid moisturizer can keep the heat in!

I like "L'Oreal Breathable Long Wearing Foundation" and "Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation". They are both light and last very long. And they don't feel "hot" when you wear them.:D

Hi! I've been catching up on this thread.

Regarding the Lasik--You will love it!!!! I had mine done last June and am thankfull everyday! Thirty years of glasses and contacts erased in thirty seconds. I know I sound like a zealot, but it's wonderful!!!

You are right, seeing at the pool is wonderful!

As far as makeup goes, I've only been to Disney in January. I always wore my regular make-up until this past trip. It was unbelievably warm in Jan 2002. 80 degrees most days, and very humid. My hair was mangled as soon as I stepped out into the humidity I could almost feel my make up sliding off..... I think I know what might be in store for me in Aug, so I bought a cheap straw hat at Target. I'm just going to shampoo and forget the styling! Only suncreen.

How do those "perfectly groomed" ladies do it???

nisiemouse, the vast majority of women wear the medium, so unless you feel you have much lighter skin the most women I think that would be the way to go. Also, some women order the medium and the light to mix them. I would also suggest the mineral veil, it's wonderful and adds a baby smooth sheen to your face that is incredible. It is also made from minerals and is feather light.
If you've never used barecsentials before, it will take a little practise but it's definitely worth it. Be sure to dip the brush in the powder, then swirl in the lid, tap off excess; then buff on your fact. Just keep repeating to achieve the coverage you want. What's amazing is it never looks or feels like you're wearing a lot of make up. Good luck, I hope it works for you. Remember, QVC does have a money back guarantee. Sharon

A note on the braless Tanks!
I tried on the ones with 'push up' bras and it made what little I do have all spill over so I looked like a hooker!

I was afraid to try on any others in fear of making my b's look pathetic!

Finally yesturday I tried on some at Old Navy!

They are the BEST!

The have a little gather on the top so its not to tight and doesn't make 'things appear smaller!'

At only 2 for $15 I may have to go back and buy more now!
Watch the sizing though! I bought a large and if I bend over the world will have full view! I haven't decided if I should shrink it or return for a medium!

nisiemouse, I too order the medium and I am a fair complexion with green eyes. I would echo everything said previously about the mineral veil and the way to put it on. But beware that once you try it I don't think you can go back to any other makeup. This looks great and feels like you are not wearing makeup. They even say that you can sleep in it because it is made of all natural minerals. I don't but it is nice to know that if you are so exhausted from WDW you could just pass out!! Good luck. Nancy:)

When we went the first time I don't think I wore any makeup unless we went out - I usually wear minimal makeup at work but I was on vacation and decided so was my skin. In prep for our next trip to WDW in december I bought Neutrogena's light tint facial moisturizer in SPF 30 b/c I'm very fair and burn very easily. I'm hoping this will even out my skin tone and protect me from the sun without appearing too makeupy. If anyone has tried it please let me know!

Sharon and Nancy: Thanks for the advice. Medium must be very popular. I noticed the medium refills were on waitlist. I will have to try it. :)

Ilive in Fl and unless your skin is peeling dry, liquid foundation is obsolete!!!! I use a foundation/powder combo in a compact (oil of olay is good), but really want to know more about the minerals. How costly is this product to use on an everyday basis????

CrzyforPiglet--- Just started using the Neutragena tint mosturizer last week, so far it's been great. I am very fair with red hair, and it evens out my skin color without being heavy and the sunscreen part seems to be working also. Will post if I have any problems with it.

Angela

;)
I hate to say it but the best braless tanks I have yet to find are at none other than Walmart! They have adjustable straps and complete coverage (not like the expensive onles at Filenes that made me look like a hooker) I am only a B so I don't know about those larger But I think they would work for you!

Instead of foundation you can use a tinted moisturizer. It works well in covering up under your eyes if needed. A plus side to that is that they won't streak. And u it doesn't feel as heavy as foundation but gives u the same color as foundation does. Have fun on your trip :D

I wear sunscreen and lots of it, waterproof mascara, and a sheer lipgloss. I am bringing some eyeliner because we are going to Vic and Al's for dinner. The smile on your face is makeup enough.

Dear Susy,
The mineral foundation from Bare Escentuals costs about $25.00 for a supply that last me about 3 months. The mineral veil is about $19.00 and that lasts me about 4-5 months. I use it everyday and usually reapply mid afternoon and if I am going out in the evening. I wore liquid foundation everyday and tried many different brands,but I was never really pleased. Once you try the minerals you won't go back. I also just ordered 2 lipsticks from the Bare Escentuals line and I love them too. Great colors,Godess and Baby( I love the name).You might want to check them out too. Good luck,if you have any other questions pm me.
Nancy

How well does the Bare Escentuals cover blemishes? Ever since I had my dd I have had horrible breakouts. It must be a hormonal imbalance, but I have tried everything and nothing has helped. Because of these I wear concealer, liquid foundation and loose powder. I would love to try anything that would cover blemishes and not leave my face so oily or lead to more breakouts. Any suggestions?
Thanks! Karla

I love to look at the women in DIsney who have to wear all that makeup and how bad they look after being in the sun and heat for a few hours and lookiing at the lines on their faces from the foundation and blush, etc. WE laugh and laugh every trip! Its become a game just like looking for the bad shoes. You're in an amusement park, who are you trying to impress with the hair and the makeup? The hair gets messed up fromt he rides and the humidity and heat do the rest of ya in so whats the sense?

karla I had the same porblem after my kids. I've been using proactiv. works for me. Get it on QVC.

Shelly I tried Proactiv for about 2 months and it really didn't help all that much, although looking back I think it did help with the oily skin but not the blemishes so much. How long did you use it before noticing a difference? Maybe I was too impatient. Thanks,
Karla

hgsmom, Bare Ecsentials will definitely not make your face break out. It's the only product I've ever worn that doesn't seem to create small little blemishes as the day wears on.
As for coverage, it depends on what you're looking for. I think it does a great job of creating the illusion of clear skin. For me the trick is to stand back from the mirror and start applying the basic powder foundation. Dip, swirl, polish onto your face; continuing to do this until I achieve a decent look. Then I take the bisque and use it around my eye area and also dip the small brush into it and touch to blemishes, red splotches, etc. . I finish with the mineral veil (great stuff) applied lightly across the t-zone area. The mineral veil reduces the appearance of pores and gives skin a baby soft appearance. It also is good to use during the day for any shine that crops up. Just take a portable make-up brush dip it into the veil and twist it closed to use as you need it.
Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you.
Please keep in mind that if you order from QVC, you can send anything back within 30 days for a full refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter