Make Up At Wdw Do You Wear It???

I really don't know how long it took. I just can't remember. I do know I don't get anymore. It took awhile. I know they have makeup now too.

Indeed I do, it stays on pretty well, i just bring my compact to touch up shinyness, and to set it..it usually looks pretty good..now my eyeliner..thats a hassle...but i just cant go w/o it! Im just carefull.

I wear some makeup..A good one is Loreal airwear powder foundation. Because it is a powder it doesn't get oily and it provides medium coverage. I love it. it worked well for me in the heat last yr.

I tend to use Cliniques City Block 25. It has spf25 and a tint. Then I just add a little spf 15 lip gloss and I am set. I hate wearing makeup in Florida especially in the summer it just to hot.

I always wear a very light coat of foundation (with sunscreen) with powder over it. of makeup. I'm amazed that it still looks fresh at the end of the day even after all the rides! Use Mary Kay.

flavored lip gloss in the parks and some eye makeup for my night in PI was it

hgsmom -

In response to your question regarding Proactiv, I wanted to put in my two cents. I love this stuff and have used it for years. I did not have the "immediate" results as discussed in their infomercial. It took awhile for it to work for me. Months went by with some improvements, but I would still get breakouts. Now I don't think I could live without it. I rarely break out, and when I do it is very minor and usually gone the next day. I went through the hormonal changes of a pregnancy with minimal breakouts, while all of my friends had much more major issues. I had problem skin for years, tried everything and used Retin-A forever with mediocre results. Now, I can easily go without makeup - something I never would have considered a few years back. I think that Proactiv is a wonderful product and would recommend that you give it another try. You might just need to be a little more patient!

(p.s. Love Proactiv, but I do miss the wrinkle erasing effects of Retin-A!)

I ALWAYS ALWAYS wear my make-up, except for swimming. I dont do anything special for WDW, I just put it on and go. I am from the south, so I am used to the heat and the humidity..if I sweat, I dab it off and nothing comes off. I use Revlon ColorStay foundation, and 2000 Calorie mascara. I am a heavy wearer of eyeliner (not the hoochy-mama look), and I use the cheap .99 stick eyeliner. My eyeliner doesnt run, or smear and neither does my other make-up. I also fix my hair, pony-tails, down, half pony tails, whatever. I always do that, no matter where I am. And I also come back to the room and freshen up whenever we make a room-stop. I dont however, do high heels! :) At Disney, or anywhere else for that matter! LOL

I'm what my husband calls a "high maintenance girl". I wear full makup. Foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner (a soft grey liquid that looks like pencil), eyeshadow, lipliner, lipstick and mascara. I would say I wear a lot of makup but in good taste. It doesn't look slutty or hoochie mama. I was doomed from the start because my mom is the same way and my sister and I are like clones of her. I work full time Monday thru Friday but I "try" to not wear makup on the weekend in order to let my face "breathe". This flies out the window if I have any plans other than running to the video or grocery. At WDW I always wear my makup. I wish I didn't feel like I had to but I do. I like "feeling" pretty. I have long hair almost waist lenth but it's pretty much all one length and so most park days I either put it in a ponytail or in a big claw clip. As far as clothes go, I have to be comfortable. I wear lightweight tanks or halters and either board shorts or some cute comfy cotton plaid shorts with the elastic waist. I also wear walking sandals (New Spirit) and the comfyest pair of tennis shoes I've ever owned (Nike Walk w/ air soles) and I trade off every other day to avoid blisters. So I look (I think) and feel pretty in comfy clothes. Yes, I have to admit at the end of the day I feel a little wilted but it's ok and I too think the RU Paul looking ladies with the 10 pounds of makup and hair 10 inches out and high heels is a little funny looking at a theme park but if that makes them feel good then more power to them as long as I feel like I look good for me and feel comfy that's all I care about. The makup for any interest is Clinique foundation, cheapie Cover Girl powder, Mac lipstick (Viva Glam II-very natural) but w/Victoria's Secret lipliner in Plum Metal and cheapie maybeline Express Eyes liquid liner in grey or slate or something like that. I would like to find a fresher staying foundation for humidity when we travel. Here at home (Utah) we have a very dry climate.

I have to wear make up ...

I used to have terrible skin but now I use metrogel for roseasa.

If you have break outs and red skin stop using expensive stuff and get to a doctor. This condition was undiagnosed for 8 years after pregnancies until new doc spotted it.

I wear full makeup in the parks, but in tasteful, neutral colors, so I'd like to think that I'm not one of the people being laughed at! I'm fair-skinned, but I hate the feel of sunscreen (it feels heavier than my makeup to me), and I find that foundation and powder provide all of the SPF that I seem to need on my face. Besides, I want to look semi-attractive...I'm having more pictures taken of myself in one day than I've usually had in the last few months altogether!

Here's my regimen. The only way that it's different from everyday is that I use waterproof mascara instead of regular while I'm in the parks.

Foundation - Revlon New Complexion One-Step. It's really not particularly one-step, since I still need concealer and powder, but it dries to a nice, powdery (read: non-oily) finish that doesn't melt off in the parks.

Concealer - Maybelline Smooth Result. I'm currently in the market for a new one. This one is a bit heavy...I'd like something light, but with staying power.

Powder - Maybelline True Illusion. I use the little foam wedge that comes with it to apply it, and a brush for touch-ups to keep it from getting too heavy. I'm not necessarily thrilled with it (it cakes if I'm not careful), but I need a powder that's extremely light colored without being pinkish, and this fits the bill.

Blush - I don't remember offhand what it is. I'm not picky about blush in general, as long as the color is right. It's a powder blush, probably Maybelline or Cover Girl.

Lips - For the parks, just a tinted gloss. For evening (Pleasure Island, special dinners, etc.), I like Aveda's lipsticks, sometimes with a little bit of gloss over it.

Eyeshadow - Revlon. Again, not picky, except about the colors.

Eyeliner - something by Maybelline. No idea what...I've been using the same stick of it for at least a couple of years, and it's gotten too short to read it (a little eyeliner goes a LONG way for me!). The only reason I got it was because I couldn't find my beloved L'oreal eyeliner in Real Raisin, but it does the job.

Mascara - usually L'oreal Voluminous waterproof.

Overall, I can't complain. With careful application, my makeup will usually make it through the day looking reasonably good, except for the lip gloss, which needs to be reapplied every so often. I can come back from a full day at the parks, take 3 minutes to give myself a quick dusting of powder and blush, lipstick if I want to, and be presentable for whatever evening activities we're doing.

As for my hair...I wear it short. I do fix it in the morning. Usually, my 'do makes it through the day reasonably well if the weather's cool. If it's incredibly humid or I go on a water ride, it gets wavy in places that I don't want it to, but hey...big deal, right? Photos are much more forgiving of bad hair than they are of bad makeup...at least in my case!

What's a good brand of lipstick? I wear very little makeup...only lipstick and blush. My biggest problem is that my lips are always very dry so I need a lipstick that has lots of moisture. Also, I keep seeing commercials on t.v. for "long-lasting" or "advanced-wear" lipstick and I've tried a couple of those brands and they just don't stay on long at all -- especially not after eating. Is there really such a thing as lipstick that actually stays on after a few hours of wear?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter