May 7th, 2023 - 13-Night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise from Miami (Ponta Delgada (Azores), Lisbon, Cádiz, Málaga, Cartagena)

Looks like many GT rooms were recently assigned. Last week, there were 300 verandah rooms available, and today there are 211. Anyone with a VGT, OGT or IGT rate recently get a stateroom assignment?

We got our room assignments. We booked 2 rooms - a VGT and was assigned a cat 5B on deck 7 Aft also booked an OGT and got a cat 8B deck 7 Aft (very close to each other - one room separates us). Our online check in has been approved for both rooms, so just waiting on luggage tags and cruise docs now.

So where is everyone coming from? We live in Orlando just will just drive to Miami. I cannot believe how close we are getting! We are so ready!
We live in Harmony FL and also will just drive to Miami. We are bouncing off the walls with excitement, beyond ready.

We are in Tampa will be driving down and meeting our 2 oldest who are also coming from Orlando!

Myself and my son are from Davenport...We were wishing that Brightline train would've been ready to relax into Miami on, but it looks like I am driving...and not the speed of the train! LOL All of us Floridians should've just started the fun earlier and driven down together...what were we thinking!?

From Central Florida - north of Orlando in Seminole county - Longwood/Sweetwater. Ditto on the train. That would have been an easy return trip after a 10 hour flight! It's getting really real!8-)

We too are driving down from Orlando, but not because we want too! We are flying from Oregon and booked a great non stop to Fort Lauderdale. But that flight does not exist any longer. Our carrier basically says it's a 2 day trip to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale. BUT they had a very good non stop into Orlando, so that's what we are doing. Fly down Friday, Drive to Fort Lauderdale Saturday and then to the port on Sunday :Pinkbounc

When we found out about the change in flights we decided to keep our Fort Lauderdale hotel ressie but drop the 1st night. The hotel chain (Hilton) kept our good rate for just the one night. Looking to rebook any other Hilton property in the Fort Lauderdale / Miami area would have at least doubled the cost of the room.

Speaking of Fort Lauderdale, are things back to normal there. We saw that last week the city was under water ... 2 feet of rain in a day :scared1:. I have called our hotel and they say its business as usual at there hotel.

We too are driving down from Orlando, but not because we want too! We are flying from Oregon and booked a great non stop to Fort Lauderdale. But that flight does not exist any longer. Our carrier basically says it's a 2 day trip to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale. BUT they had a very good non stop into Orlando, so that's what we are doing. Fly down Friday, Drive to Fort Lauderdale Saturday and then to the port on Sunday :Pinkbounc

When we found out about the change in flights we decided to keep our Fort Lauderdale hotel ressie but drop the 1st night. The hotel chain (Hilton) kept our good rate for just the one night. Looking to rebook any other Hilton property in the Fort Lauderdale / Miami area would have at least doubled the cost of the room.

Speaking of Fort Lauderdale, are things back to normal there. We saw that last week the city was under water ... 2 feet of rain in a day :scared1:. I have called our hotel and they say its business as usual at there hotel.

We are back to normal for the most part. The gas situation is back to normal.
Counting down 16 days........

So where is everyone coming from? We live in Orlando just will just drive to Miami. I cannot believe how close we are getting! We are so ready!
Coming from London !! Flying into Miami on the Wednesday evening (3rd May) so can ……. (a) start the trip with day(s) to relax before embarkation and (b) more importantly, ensure that if any flight delays / cancellations etc etc are encountered that I have zero chance of becoming stressed out. This was very much a spur of the moment, last minute decision and am somewhat stressed/nervous already as this will be my first ever ‘solo’ DCL cruise without my son - a journey which started back in 1998 on one of the maiden Disney Magic voyages. Could not miss being part of the 25th Anniversary celebrations !! :)-

Coming from London !! Flying into Miami on the Wednesday evening (3rd May) so can ……. (a) start the trip with day(s) to relax before embarkation and (b) more importantly, ensure that if any flight delays / cancellations etc etc are encountered that I have zero chance of becoming stressed out. This was very much a spur of the moment, last minute decision and am somewhat stressed/nervous already as this will be my first ever ‘solo’ DCL cruise without my son - a journey which started back in 1998 on one of the maiden Disney Magic voyages. Could not miss being part of the 25th Anniversary celebrations !! :)-
Wow!

We are from NJ, flying into Miami just the night before.

Coming from Tampa Bay! And we just got the last 2 passports (posted about that saga on the main cruise board) so we can finally get excited!

We originally planned to drive and park in Miami and fly back to Miami. Then decided the Miami drive home sounded dreadful after an international trip so we are instead doing a one way rental to Miami (only ~$100) and flying back to Tampa. Car will stay safe and sound at home.

We're booked on this cruise, coming in from Phoenix. We are very excited!!

I've been looking at cabin availability (just to see how full the ship will likely be) and saw a lot of verandah rooms available last week. Today, DCL shows no availability for verandah rooms. Do you think a lot of people are getting upgrades?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter