Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

lehuaann did you just get tickets for Dec. 4th ?????

I have it open and it just keeps saying there is no inventory

Yes, I got on at 9 am, but it was a mess.

Edited - I see the link is still open to check availability.

Last edited:
Yes I am a DVC member and yes I have a DVC reservation for December 4th

I called and they said they are aware that people that where not suppose to be able to register today where able to get tickets and they will be cancelling those this week so just keep checking !!!!!
That is good to know. i was really surprized it had been booked so quickly

Could it be it booked so quickly because the amount of rides and entertainment will be very limited?

It was interesting that when you got to the reservation section, it asked if you were staying at a DVC resort, or if you were staying at another WDW resort, or if you were staying off-site. I wonder what happened if you checked off 'off-site'. Nowhere did it stipulate that you had to be staying on a DVC reservation..only a WDW resort reservation. Perhaps it would have been better if only those with actual stays at a DVC resort were able to book yesterday vs any DVC member with an on-site stay booked.

Does anyone know if you have to get your wrist band at the DVC resort you are staying at or can I get it at another resort instead?
You can check in at any resort or at the park.

For the DAK event this year, we were staying at PVB and check in at SSR.

It was interesting that when you got to the reservation section, it asked if you were staying at a DVC resort, or if you were staying at another WDW resort, or if you were staying off-site. I wonder what happened if you checked off 'off-site'. Nowhere did it stipulate that you had to be staying on a DVC reservation..only a WDW resort reservation. Perhaps it would have been better if only those with actual stays at a DVC resort were able to book yesterday vs any DVC member with an on-site stay booked.

I’m surprised the form didn’t ask for a reservation number or something to verify that there was actually a confirmed reservation for that night. Anyone with the link (and a DVC member number) could’ve booked, no?

I’m surprised the form didn’t ask for a reservation number or something to verify that there was actually a confirmed reservation for that night. Anyone with the link (and a DVC member number) could’ve booked, no?
Yes. But reportedly, MS is going to review all registrations and verify that the member has a resort stay booked. If no room reservation, they will reportedly cancel the event reservation. Not sure if they will call the member first.

Yes. But reportedly, MS is going to review all registrations and verify that the member has a resort stay booked. If no room reservation, they will reportedly cancel the event reservation. Not sure if they will call the member first.

What a PITA that will be for MS. I hope they have a program they can run to speed that process along!

Not just that, I hope they are reviewing the validity of the check marks "Acknowledgements of Membership Extras."

Just Keep Trying ... Trying ... Trying
I have a DVC reservation for December 4th but could not get tickets before it was "sold out" yesterday.
Member services said to just keep trying and I finally got all 8 tickets I needed for December 4th !!!!!

It took 10 hrs of almost constant refreshing and requesting one ticket at a time but at least I got what I needed :-)

My sister is active military and will be stateside for only five days at the beginning of December so it was important I could take her to Disney on a budget.
It has been almost three years since we have seen her so the whole family is excited !!!!
We plan to go to AK on Sunday and Epcot Monday night :-)

My sister is active military and will be stateside for only five days at the beginning of December so it was important I could take her to Disney on a budget.
It has been almost three years since we have seen her so the whole family is excited !!!!
We plan to go to AK on Sunday and Epcot Monday night :-)

It's nice to have this event as a budget-friendly option, but it's hardly an optimal Epcot visit, as almost everything will be closed except for a couple of headliners in Future World. Still, if it's your only chance....

We are DVC members and have a reservation at AK Lodge but not DVC because everything was booked when we found great flights. We are annual passholders paying for our reservation and our DVC annual fees.Why shouldn't we be allowed to book with a reservation versus points?

My family will very much miss the Merry Mixer this year. Being at Epcot after hours does not allow my grand kids (6 and 2) to enjoy this benefit. Hopefully, Merry Mixer will return next year in addition to the Moonlight Magic (yea I know, but can't I dream with a little pixie dust?).

We are DVC members and have a reservation at AK Lodge but not DVC because everything was booked when we found great flights. We are annual passholders paying for our reservation and our DVC annual fees.Why shouldn't we be allowed to book with a reservation versus points?

I am with you. Any DVC member with any onsite reservation get equal dibs on booking.

So I read this thread and looked at the times posted. Seems the Dec 11 Moonlight Madness ran out about 5-6 hours after the booking window opened? I tried to get them at around 6 pm and could not. I find it funny that DVC even suggested "off-site" Members could reserve starting Nov 7. That sure turned out to be a bit over-confident. My friends could not find a DVC or Disney hotel on property for their stay in the past months so they are staying offsite but are Members. They thought they might have a tiny bit of a chance to get tickets on Nov 7. But then I told them we couldn't even get them on day 1 :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter