My fears came true... Fp availibility at 60 days has definitely changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only FP that had less availability than I was expecting for early May was 7DMT on 60+1. It was only available on the afternoon. But other than that my experience was similar to last year.
This was my experience as well. I even commented to my family that it seemed strange the earliest FP for 7DMT were mid afternoon at 60 days. On prior trips I've gotten FP at 30 days for later afternoon, which is expected, (off-site) but afternoon only at 60 days has not been my experience for on-site before. We're going in May also.

I had no trouble at 60+ days out with anything really. FOP was even available our first day, but since we are going to the HEA dessert party that night we couldn't take advantage of it. Other than that we were able to get two FOP fastpasses and a SDMT FP for our last night there at the time we wanted it. We're leaving in a little over a week.

I booked my FP+ Tuesday for our June 2-8 stay and had no problems getting what we wanted. We're doing a BWV/AKV split stay with AKV at the end so I saved our AK days til then so had no problem getting FoP for the times we wanted. (Got 2 FoP on 2 separate days) Had a little problem with 7dmt on our first MK day because I could only get late afternoon so it was keeping us from getting additional FP that day. I was able to get one on our 2nd MK day at a better time so let it go and booked it for 2nd MK day. I did that and some other tweaking 2 days after booking the first time and was happy and surprised there were still good FPs out there and was able to move things around a little. Very happy with my set up now. Keep trying.

I booked on Wednesday (June 3-10) and I got everything I wanted and even within the hour that I wanted. It was very easy.

Thank you for this post, I just put a note on my calendar that 60 days 7 AM is a must for FP.

Just a thought but is it possible that some got less morning availabilities simply because more people understand and plan to get a 4th FP+ so those time slots become more desirable?!?
That and the fact that most people aren’t spending too much time in DHS and even AK so they are probably using the park hopping tips: book 1 priority FP early in the morning for Park#1 and when in the actual FP line, book 2 FPs for Park#2.

The OP also hasn’t mentioned the number in her party which also has a direct effect on finding and booking available FPs.

Our trip is the latter part of May, I was able to secure all the FP+ I was hoping for, although it did take some maneuvering after the fact. Put a mark next to my name as one of those who just now realized if I book 3 FP consecutively for the morning, it increases the probability for getting FP for additional attractions throughout the day. I used to start them in the afternoon and do the morning 100% standby. That said, I've gone back in several times since my initial attempts and have found lots of availability. We have a party of 6.

We had our 60 day mark a couple of weeks ago and were able to get every single thing we wanted for a party of 11 for the entire week. Now- AK is our third day park- fourth day from check in- so that made FOP a bit easier. But with a party of 11, I was a bit nervous, but no problems at all!!! We got all the big rides and the time frame we wanted for the most part (FOP is 1:30 I think- a little later than we would have liked but happy we all got it)

I went back in today to try and rearrange a couple of things. FOP was available for alternate days and times. I just don't get it why some folks have such a hard time and never seem to get even ONE FP. It's nuts. It shouldn't be this hard, yet it is. I don't think it's a fairness issue. I really don't know what it is. I refuse to believe I'm just lucky.

I went back in today to try and rearrange a couple of things. FOP was available for alternate days and times. I just don't get it why some folks have such a hard time and never seem to get even ONE FP. It's nuts. It shouldn't be this hard, yet it is. I don't think it's a fairness issue. I really don't know what it is. I refuse to believe I'm just lucky.
A lot of times is nothing more than numbers
Someone looking for 2 is going to have a way easier time than someone looking for 6. Just for example

Thank you for this post, I just put a note on my calendar that 60 days 7 AM is a must for FP.
Yes , especially if you have a larger party and have pretty set times for FP you need;
I actually forgot my FP day was Wednesday, remembered about 1 1/2 hours after window opened-only planned on FoP FP for our 4th day in afternoon anyway-no problems, then did SDMT on our 3rd day and no issues with that either-even went back several hours later to tweak times. This is for a party of 5.
I didn't even do the rest until last night-because I had the only 2 we really needed had no issues getting other days-however I realize I am a bit more flexible in my schedule/timing than most can be. Only have 2 ADR's to work around :)

Question about FP can I combine my 7 days of making FP (being a annual passholder) with my reservation booking. Going for 8-10 days and not on property the whole time, so looking to see how many days I can book in advance.

Question about FP can I combine my 7 days of making FP (being a annual passholder) with my reservation booking. Going for 8-10 days and not on property the whole time, so looking to see how many days I can book in advance.
Answered your same question in the other thread.

Hello, I recently booked the Fastpasses for my May 29-June 7 trip and wanted to share my experience. I'm only staying one night onsite, so most of my Fastpasses were booked with a rolling window. At 60+1 I was able to book 7DMT from the afternoon on. FEA was available at 60 days out with a variety of times, but I opted for Soarin' instead. 60 days out from my Animal Kingdom day, I was able to book everything except FOP. Instead, I booked NRJ, which also had a variety of times available. Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari were all gone by that night. I'm really hoping FOP availability will open between now and my trip. I was able to book everything I wanted at DHS, with the exception of TSM (I'm pretty sure Fastpasses aren't available until the opening of TSL??) All of my Fastpasses were booked right at 7:00 AM EST for a total of three guests.

I just hit my 30 day window for early May.
I knew from Touring plans that there were not 7DMT or FOP left so we changed our plans to hit both of those at rope drop.

I got everything else I wanted exactly when I wanted it.

So now that they're charging for parking, I see no reason to stay on property. We are staying in a gorgeous timeshare for next to nothing.

We stayed at POR last year and I really didn't think it was worth the extra we paid for it then -- now it's $20 more per night and with the other quasi Disney resorts getting early FP, I don't see the benefit for our family.

I wonder what the strategy will be when TSL opens? We go in early August but only for 4 days. Typically we would leave AK until day 3 or4 to try for FOP. But will we need to put DHS at day4 to even have a remote shot at the TSL rides, thus having to push AK forward to day 3 and risk not getting FOP?

I’m trying not to get too hysterical because in December during the week before Christmas week, I scored FOP twice as a same day FP after we’d already used our pre-booked FOP FP that day. So getting it as a fourth FP is not impossible!

(We were a party of 4 when we got the two same day FOP FPs. We will be a party of 6 in August)

Last edited:
I had no trouble getting all of the FPs that I wanted a couple of weeks ago for our end-of-May trip, but I wasn't trying for FOP or 7DMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter