• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My shorts bunch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonpenguin

The Voice of Reason
Don't you hate it when the inseams of your shorts bunch up when you walk? I don't want to spend the day at Disney surreptitiously picking at my crotch trying to dislodge a bunch of material! Does anyone have a tip for reducing inseam bunching? :rolleyes:

Well, you got me and my girls laughing out loud. :)

My dd says, "Tell her she's not alone! I just pick it out."

I've found that denim shorts, shorts with some spandex content, and shorts that are a little longer in length are less likely to bunch.

Can't stand the bunch.:Pinkbounc

I wear those biking shorts or exercise shorts at Disney. They stay put and are made with Coolmax, so they're cooler, too. I bought some at K-Mart for about $6 a pair. Wouldn't be caught dead in them at home, but with a nice big Disney T-shirt, they do great for Disney trips. I buy a size larger than I normally wear and they don't fit quite so skin tight.

Londonpenguin.........if you were in England, then you wouldn't need to wear your shorts - just your wellingtons!!!!!

UKAnnie:

What I wouldn't give to be in England right now! (Or Scotland. Or Wales. Or Ireland.) <<heavy sigh>>

My daughter yells at me when I pick out my bunch.

What is up with that anyway?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers with this....... I've found an alternative. Every few steps when the bunch occurs, lift the leg slightly to the side and the bunch falls out............however, this leads to a Monty Python type walk and other people will begin to eye you up suspiciously................! (Does this look any better than 'picking' the bunch out????) Perhaps just better stick to the cycling shorts, or the ones that come down to the knee!

Ann (sunny blue skies in England today)!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

That used to happen to me until I lost a bunch of weight!!! :)

Just pick the bunch out....no one knows you there....dont go walking around Disney uncomfortable!! :)

LOL---this is a funny thread!!!:p :p

You know, I think when we're tired and sit down for awhile on a bench, I will occupy myself by counting the number of people I see picking their bunches.

UKAnnie: I totally can do the Monty Python walk! ;)

You guys are too funny! Like CDisney, I've found that wearing denim shorts prevents "unsightly bunching". ;)

I find myself doing the walk all the time and wonder if people think I'm a strange walker. I want to buy new shorts but I keep thinking I'll be losing the weight soon. Plan on starting the Weight Watcher again on Sunday. Lost 25 pounds in the past and kept all but 3 pounds off. Wish me luck. I want to look "hot" without the bunch next year!:earseek:

First I get the bunch thing, then I get the chaffing! When the chaffing happens, I'm done for. I'm looking for some of those biking type short to wear under my shorts to prevent both.

Oh, and I always pull my bunch out of my crack as I'm standing up so as not to be so noticable!:teeth: :crazy:

Chaffing that is what I need to figure out how to stop. I wore a pair of cotton shorts to Six Flags as to not chaffe and I was twice as bad. :mad: I know that denim chaffes if you get wet but does it if you are dry. Can anyone tell me? Thanks

But don't dispair. You are definitely not alone. And you want to know what? You don't have to be a little overweight to have the goats as my daughter calls them (don't ask). It's called inner thighs. I'm a size 5/6 junior and I still get the goats and yes I do the walk too! I try to go undetected with my leg shift though. Sometimes I'll just stop walking and stand with my legs apart so the goats will just fall out of the bunch. I agree with being comfortable though and the people at WDW won't care less if your picking your goats out. They don't know you from Adam. I really havn't found anything that works great although it is definitely worse if your legs are sweating or your shorts are wet and the chaffing is the killer! Too funny!

I've found that applying some baby powder (talc) between your legs before going to the parks will magically prevent chaffing (even if the shorts bunch up). The trick is to rub the powder between you legs before putting on your shorts and make sure that the surface between your legs is smooth after putting on the powder. A little excess also helps. And, if you really have the bunch up problems, bring a small travel size bottle into the parks and rub a little extra in if you get really sweaty or have a problem with short bunching (I don't usually have the short bunching problem but tend to chafe occasionally). This may sound like a corny idea, but it works.

The other option is to wear bike shorts around the parks. A lot of women tend to do this, but for us guys we occasionally still get looked upon like we are strange if we wear bike shorts for anything other than excercise. Personally, I don't care and I wear the regular ones that aren't shiny with a t-shirt. Nobody knows me and heck... I'm comfortable and it works (plus the wife likes me in em)! After all, it stinks to be uncomfortable and chaffed to death!

:)

I know it sure sounds funny, but I've been in near tears with the chaffing thing.:( I don't get it when I wear shorts too much, but I sure do when I wear a dress. I really like the capri pants better than shorts or dresses though.........no crack bunching or chaffing!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter