need to vent, church related issues

I wish I could explain. New Orleans is governed by Napoleonic code rather than case law like the rest of the United States. What that means exactly, I'm not entirely sure. But the result is some incredibly wacky laws.
Thanks. That is intriguing. Some day (not today ha!) I will have time to go down rabbit holes looking into every fascinating tidbit that comes my way! :goodvibes

This just really struck me, because it’s so nonsensical. I can easily understand why some contracts/status changes require official government endorsement due to them having to meet legally codified criteria (marriages, professional licensing, even official certificates of death, etc.). But seriously, you’re just as dead, no matter who says the words over the box. :laughing:

We have had several personal issues with the church through the years. The one that hurt me the most was when my mom was in hospice. We knew the end was near, dad called the Catholic Church that they belonged to and was told that no one was available to come for last rights. We were not in the position to be calling around to other churches, trying to navigate through my mom’s last hours. The church never said anything about calling around to other churches in the area to come over, nothing. My mom passed away that night, the church called the following day and said someone could come over later that day. Sorry, too late.
I am very sorry that happened to your family. It is inexcusable. There is usually someone always on call via the hospital clergy or the local parishes. Even in the middle of the night or any other time or holiday, a priest is supposed to be available (may not be from your church, etc). Usually the hospital has a connection with clergy, but I see that did not happen. You did what you could although it feels terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter