New Premium Annual Pass discount, But..

Just checking because it's been awhile since I've had AP's. If we activate an AP on March 15th 2014..it expires when? Midnight March 14th 2015? Also, what if our daughter turns 10 March 1st, 2015? Can we still use it until the AP's expiration date?

March 15 2015. You get 366 days of access.

And yes, you can continue to use your daughter's AP until it expires. There are no children's APs now anyway. They are all the same, adult and child.

I Copied this from the DVC Members site(SEE WHAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED)
Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass

Enhance your vacation experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy limited time savings on Walt Disney World Premium Annual passes. Read More
Enhance your vacation experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy limited time savings on Walt Disney World Premium Annual passes. Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.
Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $245 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass.

With a Premium Annual Pass, you'll enjoy:
  • Unlimited the ability to visit all Walt Disney World Theme Parks on the same day
  • Water Parks
  • DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
  • Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
  • Parking
  • Access to special Passholder events
  • No blockout dates all year
To purchase the Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass, Members can visit the online Ticket Store (available February 6th), call Member Services at (800) ********* or (407)566-3800, or visit any Walt Disney World Vacation Planning or Guest Relations window. But hurry, this special Member pricing is only available until April 30, 2014.

Please call Member Services at (800) *********† to find out more.

Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires.

I don't understand that post. The question is about PremiER passes not PremIUM. Premier have to be purchased in person.

I Copied this from the DVC Members site(SEE WHAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED) Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass Enhance your vacation experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy limited time savings on Walt Disney World Premium Annual passes. Read More Enhance your vacation experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy limited time savings on Walt Disney World Premium Annual passes. Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014. Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $245 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass. With a Premium Annual Pass, you'll enjoy: [*]Unlimited the ability to visit all Walt Disney World Theme Parks on the same day [*]Water Parks [*]DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park [*]Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course [*]Parking [*]Access to special Passholder events [*]No blockout dates all year To purchase the Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass, Members can visit the online Ticket Store (available February 6th), call Member Services at (800) ********* or (407)566-3800, or visit any Walt Disney World Vacation Planning or Guest Relations window. But hurry, this special Member pricing is only available until April 30, 2014. Please call Member Services at (800) *********† to find out more. Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires.

That language is for the PREMIUM annual pass. The one that people have to be present at the parks to buy is the PREMIER annual pass (good for the parks on both coasts).

I also said that I understand the Ticket Services has its rules, but then DVC should have considered extending the dates for Premier APs because they are the ONLY Annual Pass that have to be bought in the parks.

The purchase window may not be up to DVC either. They have to negotiate these discounts with the other divisions within the Disney Corporation.

That language is for the PREMIUM annual pass. The one that people have to be present at the parks to buy is the PREMIER annual pass (good for the parks on both coasts).
I confuse the two often also....still don't know the site difference at FW.

So according to the website you can buy a voucher for the Premier .....

"Disney Premier Passport

Discover vacation magic at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California with Membership Magic savings.

For the first time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay a discounted rate of $849, saving $130 off the regular price on their Disney Premier Passport.

With a Disney Premier Passport, you'll enjoy:
Same-day access to all Walt Disney World and Disneyland Theme Parks
Parking
No blockout dates
And more!
Members can purchase a Disney Premier Passport at one of the following Disney Parks locations:

Disneyland Resort: Theme park ticket booths
Walt Disney World Resort: Guest Relations windows

Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires."

I bet that doesn't work either. Wonder who will be the first to threaten a lawsuit :) (Not me I know Disney has better lawyers!)

I understand that DVC probably has specific dates they're only allowed to offer discounts, etc... but it's still frustrating. Especially since DVC members tend to, ya know, have their trips booked 7-11 months in advance, and they JUST announced this a few weeks ago.

I've done my part in bringing it up to Member Services, but nothing will happen I'm sure. Just frustrating when it's the most expensive pass of them all and I can't even get the discount they're offering on it.

I understand that DVC probably has specific dates they're only allowed to offer discounts, etc... but it's still frustrating. Especially since DVC members tend to, ya know, have their trips booked 7-11 months in advance, and they JUST announced this a few weeks ago.

I've done my part in bringing it up to Member Services, but nothing will happen I'm sure. Just frustrating when it's the most expensive pass of them all and I can't even get the discount they're offering on it.

These discounts are not directly offered by DVC, they are offered by other operating divisions within the Disney Company. DVC has to negotiate for these discounts and must follow any terms/conditions set by the other divisions.

You should direct any comments to the Member Satisfaction Team, not Member Services.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

These discounts are not directly offered by DVC, they are offered by other operating divisions within the Disney Company. DVC has to negotiate for these discounts and must follow any terms/conditions set by the other divisions.

You should direct any comments to the Member Satisfaction Team, not Member Services.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Thank you for the email. I've sent one off to them. We'll see if I hear anything.

I called MS today to inquire about Premier Passport and AP. A Premier would cost $849 pp (not including taxes). Can use it at Disneyland and WDW. Right now she said you can buy it at the parks and on the phone but said they are working on being able to buy online. For us, I did the math, it's not a savings for us.

I called MS today to inquire about Premier Passport and AP. A Premier would cost $849 pp (not including taxes). Can use it at Disneyland and WDW. Right now she said you can buy it at the parks and on the phone but said they are working on being able to buy online. For us, I did the math, it's not a savings for us.
If you order on the phone, do you get a voucher, or are the passes active from the day of purchase?

You cannot buy it over the phone. I spent 45 minutes speaking with a MS manager about it and she confirmed you can only purchase it in the parks. This is a rule set by Ticket Services and is completely separate from DVC. The reason it needs to be purchased in the parks only has something to do with the cards only being available there/something to do with special ticketing.

If this changes to being available via phone/online, it will change for everyone buying a Premier Pass, not just DVC members. I'm not holding my breath.

You cannot buy it over the phone. I spent 45 minutes speaking with a MS manager about it and she confirmed you can only purchase it in the parks. This is a rule set by Ticket Services and is completely separate from DVC. The reason it needs to be purchased in the parks only has something to do with the cards only being available there/something to do with special ticketing.

If this changes to being available via phone/online, it will change for everyone buying a Premier Pass, not just DVC members. I'm not holding my breath.

As of now, the only place you can buy the Premier Pass are at the gates and your pass is immediately active. There are currently no vouchers for the Premier Pass. You can use the value of a currently active AP at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World toward the purchase of a Premier Pass but must purchase it at the gates. It is specialized ticket stock as Disneyland uses bar code entry for admission and WDW obviously now uses RFID.

As of now, the only place you can buy the Premier Pass are at the gates and your pass is immediately active. There are currently no vouchers for the Premier Pass. You can use the value of a currently active AP at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World toward the purchase of a Premier Pass but must purchase it at the gates. It is specialized ticket stock as Disneyland uses bar code entry for admission and WDW obviously now uses RFID.

Much better way of explaining it than me, thank you. :)

You will be able to purchase at the promo price by phone or on-line beginning 2/6. You will receive a will call confirmation number which you will use to pick up the actual passes. The only exception is for the Disney Premier Passport (the two coast pass) which can only be purchased on property at either WDW or DL.[/QUOTE
Do you know why it is that you can only purchase the Premier 2 park pass at either park location? We aren't planning a trip until June this year so this makes it unavailable to us?

Do you know why it is that you can only purchase the Premier 2 park pass at either park location? We aren't planning a trip until June this year so this makes it unavailable to us?

Since it's introduction, it's only been available for purchase on-property. Disney has never given a reason as to why an advance purchase option (using either an exchange voucher or will call) is not available for that particular passport.

This is really just a wild guess. One possibility could be sales taxes. The Disney Premier Passport is technically two passes on a single card. For sales tax purposes, 50% of the selling price is taxed at the rate for Orange County FL (6.5%). To my knowledge, there is no tax on the CA 50%. Since exchange vouchers and will call confirmation are not actually theme park admission so sale taxes may have to figured differently (or not).

Since it's introduction, it's only been available for purchase on-property. Disney has never given a reason as to why an advance purchase option (using either an exchange voucher or will call) is not available for that particular passport.

This is really just a wild guess. One possibility could be sales taxes. The Disney Premier Passport is technically two passes on a single card. For sales tax purposes, 50% of the selling price is taxed at the rate for Orange County FL (6.5%). To my knowledge, there is no tax on the CA 50%. Since exchange vouchers and will call confirmation are not actually theme park admission so sale taxes may have to figured differently (or not).

I think your wild guess could be spot on! Thanks for the reply, we have just became DVC members and are visiting both parks this year so it would have been nice to be able to purchase. For future years, I will have to take this into consideration and possibly plan around the availability dates!

I think your wild guess could be spot on! Thanks for the reply, we have just became DVC members and are visiting both parks this year so it would have been nice to be able to purchase. For future years, I will have to take this into consideration and possibly plan around the availability dates!

Or in the future, space out you WDW and DL trips by a few months and basically get your WDW AP then go to DL and upgrade to the Premier. This way, the money needed is spread out over a few months.

Will they issue a voucher for the PAP if you purchase it at a ticket window? I'm heading down next month and would like to buy vouchers then. Our current PAPs don't expire until Oct., so I don't want active passes. But I would like to pay using the Disney GCs that I got at a discount from Target if I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter