New Premium Annual Pass discount, But..

Will they issue a voucher for the PAP if you purchase it at a ticket window? I'm heading down next month and would like to buy vouchers then. Our current PAPs don't expire until Oct., so I don't want active passes. But I would like to pay using the Disney GCs that I got at a discount from Target if I can.

Someone mentioned yesterday purchasing vouchers at the park, so yes.

Will they issue a voucher for the PAP if you purchase it at a ticket window? I'm heading down next month and would like to buy vouchers then. Our current PAPs don't expire until Oct., so I don't want active passes. But I would like to pay using the Disney GCs that I got at a discount from Target if I can.

You can purchase an Exchange Certificate at any park ticket window or guest relations location. Make sure you request Exchange Certificates, otherwise they will sell you an active pass.

NOTE: This only applies to the WDW PAP. AFAIK, if you want the WDW/DL Premier Passport you can only purchase an active pass.

Someone mentioned yesterday purchasing vouchers at the park, so yes.

You can purchase an Exchange Certificate at any park ticket window or guest relations location. Make sure you request Exchange Certificates, otherwise they will sell you an active pass.

NOTE: This only applies to the WDW PAP. AFAIK, if you want the WDW/DL Premier Passport you can only purchase an active pass.
Thank you to both! I'll make it a point to use the right terminology when making my purchase. I certainly don't want overlapping PAPs!

Since you all seem so well versed on the AP ticket info, maybe someone can help me with my question.

DH and I have active Premier Passports that expire at the end of April. We want to take advantage of the Premier Pass discount when we go to WDW in March (since you need to by to by them in person); however, it sounds like they are active from the date of purchase.

Can you convert the value of the last month of the current Premier Pass to the newly purchased Premier Pass? I would hate to lose a month on these current passes.

Thanks in advance.

Since you all seem so well versed on the AP ticket info, maybe someone can help me with my question.

DH and I have active Premier Passports that expire at the end of April. We want to take advantage of the Premier Pass discount when we go to WDW in March (since you need to by to by them in person); however, it sounds like they are active from the date of purchase.

Can you convert the value of the last month of the current Premier Pass to the newly purchased Premier Pass? I would hate to lose a month on these current passes.

Thanks in advance.

They don't pro-rate ticket prices. The best they might do is consider your new pass a renewal and make it effective on the expiration date of your old one. I don't know if they do that on premiers.

It looks like the regular DVC Annual Passes price got raised in the latest price increase:

Disney Vacation Club Annual Pass (Ages 10 and Up) $485.00 Tax: $31.53 Total:$516.53

The special limited time offer Premium AP looks to be $1.00 less (before tax).

I assume for a new regular AP the price is still $464. The last time they had a special on DVC PAPs, the regular AP did not receive any additional discount.

It looks like the regular DVC Annual Passes price got raised in the latest price increase:

Disney Vacation Club Annual Pass (Ages 10 and Up) $485.00 Tax: $31.53 Total:$516.53

The special limited time offer Premium AP looks to be $1.00 less (before tax).

Up $21 +tax. It's not that much, but I worry what the prices will be when I'm retired (If I can afford to retire!)
I'm thinking it's time to stock up: on Universal passes, and just consider getting a PT cashier job at WDW when I retire.

You can link either the will call confirmation number or the exchange voucher number (shipping fee required) to MDE which will allow selection of FP+ times. You would still need to visit a Guest Relations Location or Park Ticket Window to exchange for the actual pass and the expiration date will be based 1 year from the date the actual pass is issued.

Has anyone had experience doing this? I am concerned that I buy one and then have a problem doing the FP selections.

Has anyone had experience doing this? I am concerned that I buy one and then have a problem doing the FP selections.
I took advantage of the last PAP promo. I used the Will Call option and entered the confirmation number into MDE. I had no problems whatsoever setting up my FP+ selections. As Michael already stated, you still have to go to a Guest Relations or Park Ticket window to get your actual pass before you can enter a park. I printed out the confirmation page when I purchased the PAPs online and brought that with me to the Guest Relations window.

I understand that the pass has to be activated by the end of January 15, but does that have to be done in person? If we don't make it there before the activation deadline, does it automatically become active, or is the pass then null and void?

I understand that the pass has to be activated by the end of January 15, but does that have to be done in person? If we don't make it there before the activation deadline, does it automatically become active, or is the pass then null and void?

They must be activated in person at WDW. If you are unable to activate by 1/31/2015, most likely they will give you a credit in the amount you paid towards the purchase of a pass that costs more than the promo price.

I understand that the pass has to be activated by the end of January '15, but does that have to be done in person? If we can't make it before then, does the pass automatically become active, or does it become null and void?
Thanks!

Best way to buy the PAP?

We are headed down in 5 days to WDW and our tickets expire the 16th. However we do not want to renew then yet. Our next trip is not till mid Nov of this year. We would like to get 3 trips and have them expire Nov of next year when we activate. We called in and were told to get them in the parks but it would prob activate them. This would void the reasoning to wait.

I am missing something or doing something wrong. Can someone help?

TY kindly.

Best way to buy the PAP?

We are headed down in 5 days to WDW and our tickets expire the 16th. However we do not want to renew then yet. Our next trip is not till mid Nov of this year. We would like to get 3 trips and have them expire Nov of next year when we activate. We called in and were told to get them in the parks but it would prob activate them. This would void the reasoning to wait.

I am missing something or doing something wrong. Can someone help?

TY kindly.

When you go to either a Guest Relations Location or Park Ticket Window, tell them you want to purchase Exchange Certificates for the DVC PAP at the promo price.

When you go to either a Guest Relations Location or Park Ticket Window, tell them you want to purchase Exchange Certificates for the DVC PAP at the promo price.

TY kindly. So she was correct that I must do it in the park?! We tried over the phone. It seemed like we had someone who was as confused as we were. ;)

TY kindly. So she was correct that I must do it in the park?! We tried over the phone. It seemed like we had someone who was as confused as we were. ;)

You should be able to purchase by phone or on-line and receive a will call confirmation that you would use in Nov to pick up the actual passes. If you are trying to use multiple Disney Gift Cards, that's more difficult by phone (impossible on-line).

You should be able to purchase by phone or on-line and receive a will call confirmation that you would use in Nov to pick up the actual passes. If you are trying to use multiple Disney Gift Cards, that's more difficult by phone (impossible on-line).

Perfect, ty. We are wanting to see if we have a better trip than we did in Dec. All these changes with two SN kids and a Service Dog have been stressful. Hoping all the kinks are ironed out now that it is not so fresh. :) TY :)

Has anyone tried any means to purchase the Premier Pass?? Was there any voucher given or is it like the normal Premier Pass purchase, which is an active pass?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter