New Thread - What have you seen on the EA?

I meant to post earlier, but forgot. Sorry!

Arrived on 11/28 - EA (A Side) was pretty empty. We were able to get a Pontiac Torrent (comparable to a Chevy Equinox) with about 5,000 miles on it. Plus, it was a gold-ish color, so it was easier to spot in parking lots than the ubiquitous rental car white! There were also a couple of Malibus and Saturn Vues.

We liked it for the most part. Cargo space is a bit small, so if you have a lot of bags, and more than 3 people, it will likely be a tight squeeze. Drove nice, but DH did complain that it had one of the worst turning radiuses of any car he's ever driven.

Didn't check to see what was on the aisle when we left on 12/4, but it did look a lot more full than when we arrived.

Good luck!

We rented from Alamo this time, but on I did glance at the EA for you on Sunday 12/11...
I noticed a few Saturn Vue's and what looked like a bunch of Malibus.

Just picked up our car yesterday (Dec 16 around 4:30 pm) and the EA was FULL of cars. All kinds actually. We had EMerald Reserve but hated all of the fullsize cars they had. A National employee asked if we found anything we liked and we said no. He told us to go over to the Alamo fullsize. I asked about EA and when I told him I was a member, he said, "Go ahead!"

I ended up with a Pontiac Torrent. There were many Torrents, Saturn Vues, PT Cruisers. Lots of regular cars too. LOL Didn't see any mini vans.

First Torrent we were in had the check engine light one so we switched to another one.

Seemed to be only one exit out of whatever side I was on and the car in front of me had some kind of problem because they were with that car for 10 minutes!!

Many thanks to the recent posters for writing in with their EA experiences. It looks like Torrents and Vues are readily available, in addition to the regular complement of Malibus and G6s. I'll be looking forward to our trip in January.

I forget if I posted on this thread after my recent trip (11/29-12/9). National EA, almost all Grand Caravans the day I picked up. So that is what I took.

We got into MCO last Wednesday, December 14th - the EA on A side was completely full. A minivan or two, a handfull of Sebring convertibles, and a few SUV's - also a bunch of actual intermediate sized cars. Sorry, I just glanced as we were passing by so I didn't catch exact makes and models. We ended up taking a Buick Rendezvous.

We were there Dec 17 at around 10:30 am. Only intermediate cars. The EA was full with only a couple of empty spaces. We chose a reb vibe. All of the other cars were very plain looking (in colours such as white, beige etc). The red vibe looked like the only "fun" type car and both the kids were very interested in choosing it. We also looked at an Impala (there were a few on the EA) and it definately had more trunk space then the vibe.

friday, january 13-- a side

lots of cars, one SUV (midsize). we took the SUV.

We arrived on the "A" side on Jan 5th (Thursday) around 11am at the parking garage. There were many of the following:
Chrysler Sebring convertibles (at least 5)
Chevy Impalas (probably 10 or so)
Chevy Malibus (at least 6)
Buick Rendevous (saw 4!)
Chevy HHR (2)
Pontiac Torrent-another couple was taking this one though!
PT Cruiser
Saturn Vue

We ended up with the only Vibe we saw, all the way down near the check-out kiosk. Bright red/gray, got terrific gas mileage and there was tons of room in it! :)

When I dropped it off on Friday, Jan 13th "A" side, there were a bunch of Torrents, and a larger SUV there too, plus 5 or so minivans. Less cars than I usually see, more SUVs, vans.

welovedis said:
When I dropped it off on Friday, Jan 13th "A" side, there were a bunch of Torrents, and a larger SUV there too, plus 5 or so minivans. Less cars than I usually see, more SUVs, vans.
Sometime between the time you dropped off your Vibe and when we arrived on the "A" side on Sat. Jan 14th at 6:30am, every car on the EA was taken. LOL! We were hoping for a Torrent, Rendevzous or even a Vue based on some of the recent posts here. Seeing as it was still too early to go to the Parks, we crossed the Terminal to the "B" side to find a couple Dodge Stratus, some G6s and a few other sedans. I think they were all intermediate-sized.

So, we crossed back to the "A" side (yes, we're crazy) and pointed out to the National attendant in the booth that the EA was empty. They let us pick from the Executive Selection. Still, no SUVs or Minivans :( so we picked a LaCrosse with leather interior. There were a couple HHRs, but they were smaller than I envisioned so we passed them over.

When we dropped off our car late Tuesday afternoon Jan. 17 ("A" side again), we saw a Rendezvous, a PT Cruiser, a couple of Monte Carlos, and a few G6s and Classics.

Wow, that is weird! But I guess since alot of people were coming in for the MLK long weekend, it makes sense! Just in the time it took for us to walk all the way down the aisle, there were 4 cars that went past us on their way out.

Disneyjosh229 said:
Does anyone know if there is a midsize suv aisle? How would it work if you reserve a midsize SUV
Disneyjosh you must be reading my mind. I was going to ask the same question. This will be the first time we don't rent an intermediate so I am not sure where the other vehicles would be.
It is around $50 less for us to reserve a midsize SUV for our late March trip than to go with the intermediate size. Is this due to high gas prices? Also noticed that the economy size was about $25 more than the SUV.

Kycha said:
Disneyjosh you must be reading my mind. I was going to ask the same question. This will be the first time we don't rent an intermediate so I am not sure where the other vehicles would be.
It is around $50 less for us to reserve a midsize SUV for our late March trip than to go with the intermediate size. Is this due to high gas prices? Also noticed that the economy size was about $25 more than the SUV.

:) Im a pretty good mind reader!

Truthfully, my aunt drives a Chevy Equinox and gets around 24 MPG, so gas isn't really that bad for an suv. I think rental car companies are trying to get more use out of there SUV's, which are nitoriously overpriced compaired to other vehicles...

Glad to see this thread still going.

Please excuse my ignorance :banana: but what is a chevy HHR and how big are they?

Also how much space is really in the seabring trunk?

Can I get DW & 2 DD's luggage in one? :rotfl2:

Kycha, may I ask what you are paying for your SUV, is that a VUE type SUV?
How long will you have it and did you use any codes or discounts?

Thanks, YO

coachyo said:
Glad to see this thread still going.

Please excuse my ignorance :banana: but what is a chevy HHR and how big are they?

I can answer this one! I rented one in Nov/Dec. I thought it was a PT Cruiser for 2 days!!! :blush:

It's kind of small inside, like a PT cruiser.

It suited us fine, our family of 4 with 3 suitcases and a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter