New Thread - What have you seen on the EA?

Arrived 2/23 on the B side. Not much to choose from on the EA, but we did score with a fully loaded Monte Carlo! Leather seats, sunroof etc. Loved it! The fact that the car only had two doors didn't bother us this trip because it was only DH and I.

It looked like there were many more cars on the EA upon our return, however, we didn't have a chance to look because we had to get our bill fixed. They tried to charge us 435.00 for the week when I had a receipt that showed the total as 210.00. Yikes! I sure wasn't happy at that moment. They did fix it though!

Arrived Friday March 10 about 12:45am on the B side

Lots of choice and selection - a good 30+ vehicles

No Minivans

Grand Prix
G6
Malibu
Impala

SUV
Trailblazer
Rendezvous

We picked a brand new (68 miles) White Buick Rendezvous - it was a great car and a very good rate

The EA is a great service - we will use it again

Cheers
jaysue

Just got back 4/3/06. We picked up at FLL but returned at MCO. I did notice at 8:00 AM many SUV's and Minivans on the aisle. It was about 1/2 larger vehicles and 1/2 intermediates. Would have loved to grab the Trailblazer there. I have always found that the EA is full of great cars in the AM but gets spotty as the day goes on, just my 2 cents there.

Anyone know what you have to do to become an executive member? My guess is a certain number of reservations??

Aspire higher

Your Emerald Club membership helps make business travel easy and efficient, but you can enjoy even more with Emerald Club Executive. Additional benefits of Executive status include:

Only National offers the Executive Selection - a special area of our lot featuring fullsize and higher class cars. Simply reserve a midsize or fullsize car, bypass the counter, choose your car and pay only the reserved midsize rate. Every time you rent from the Executive Selection, you receive an upgrade. As an Emerald Club Executive member, you always pay for one car class less than reserved when you book a fullsize through luxury car. (For example, if you rent a premium car, you only pay the fullsize rate.)
Click here for a listing of Executive Selection locations.

Free Rental Day with just six rental credits.
To move up to Executive, just make 12 to 24 paid rentals or have 40 to 84 paid rental days during a calendar year.

cheers
jaysue

hello, i was at national getting my rental from the emerald aisle friday august 25th, at least 3 convertibles, 2 blue, 1 red, impalas, g6, grand prix, even one volkswagen and a couple cougars! so many huge cars.

i was going to take this huge blue impala, fully loaded, but it was so big, and the air was not working good,. i opted for the white grand prix fully loaded, leather interior. 4000 miles on it. sweet, in and out in minutes.

got to love that emerald aisle!! :cool1:

We were there on 8/17 and used National this trip. We are Executive Aisle members (but only for a short time as I did not get 40 days in this year on National--yes I did more than 40 days, but used Alamo as they were cheaper most of the time). When we arrived at MCO on Thursday the 17th @ 10:30AM, it was not a pretty site in the Emerald Aisle. There were mostly just intermediate cars. Hubby said he thought he saw an Impala (full size). That was it, no SUVs, no minivans, pretty much just intermediate. So we go to the Executive Aisle and it wasn't much better, only full size there, no SUVs, no minivans, pretty much just full size. We picked out a Buick LeSaber--we decide it must be one step above full size (premium -- after checking my receipt when we got home). It was a premium because it had cloth seats and was loaded. It was nice and perfect for just the 2 of us. I used Alamo in February and in April/May, so was a little shocked that the Aisles were so empty. Maybe had we checked in on a weekend, there would've been more turnover. So the rule still seems to be, if you need a minivan or SUV, you need to use Emerald Reserve, because the aisles can be unpredictable. I would like to use National for my next trip in October, but with the rates they are quoting, that won't happen unless the prices start dropping. Right now, I'm booked with Dollar at a base rate of $118 a week for a full size.

n2mm said:
We were there on 8/17 and used National this trip. We are Executive Aisle members (but only for a short time as I did not get 40 days in this year on National--yes I did more than 40 days, but used Alamo as they were cheaper most of the time). When we arrived at MCO on Thursday the 17th @ 10:30AM, it was not a pretty site in the Emerald Aisle. There were mostly just intermediate cars. Hubby said he thought he saw an Impala (full size). That was it, no SUVs, no minivans, pretty much just intermediate. So we go to the Executive Aisle and it wasn't much better, only full size there, no SUVs, no minivans, pretty much just full size. We picked out a Buick LeSaber--we decide it must be one step above full size (premium -- after checking my receipt when we got home). It was a premium because it had cloth seats and was loaded. It was nice and perfect for just the 2 of us. I used Alamo in February and in April/May, so was a little shocked that the Aisles were so empty. Maybe had we checked in on a weekend, there would've been more turnover. So the rule still seems to be, if you need a minivan or SUV, you need to use Emerald Reserve, because the aisles can be unpredictable. I would like to use National for my next trip in October, but with the rates they are quoting, that won't happen unless the prices start dropping. Right now, I'm booked with Dollar at a base rate of $118 a week for a full size.

Thats why I've really started using Hertz. The upgrades are almost regular and customer service is absolutly amazing. Not many MCO travelers can get over the fact that its offsite though!

Just returned today!

Picked up on A side on August 25 also and saw many interesting cars.

We were so excited to see 3 convertible Beatles and 2 convertible PT Cruisers and several regular convertibles as well.

Since it was just me and my 2 girls we took the PT cruiser convertible. It was a tight squeeze for our luggage but we made it.

This was the FIRST time in 9 trips that we got something other then a regular Intermediate.

Hmm...Lately on the FlyerTalk forums, there have been reports that National has stopped checking the box indicating weather then car is an EA or Exec car on the window tag, so many have been taking vehicles off the executive aisle. If i rented more often, i might try this tactic, but my moral values say DONT :teeth:

Disneyjosh229 said:
Hmm...Lately on the FlyerTalk forums, there have been reports that National has stopped checking the box indicating weather then car is an EA or Exec car on the window tag, so many have been taking vehicles off the executive aisle. If i rented more often, i might try this tactic, but my moral values say DONT :teeth:

I agree, that is not cool at all

So much for setting an example for the kids etc.

Cheers
jaysue

September 21st B Side 12:30pm.

There was 2 and 4 door Chevy (Monte Carlos?), Kia Sorentos, PT Cruiser, PT Cruiser Convirtables, Conviratble VW Beetles, and a brand new Jeep Liberty.

I took the Jeep Liberty, which only had 4 miles on it!

Arrived on 9/25 about 10:15 am. Mostly sedans, Malibus etc nothing really exciting. We took a Chevy Impala 4 door (there were also 2 doors available) that had 1700 miles on it, very nice but already had a large scratch on the rear quarter panel. At the very end of the Aisle there was a VW bug convertible but with 3 of us (DH is a big guy!!) and the 90 degree weather, it was not a good option for us this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter