New Thread - What have you seen on the EA?

coachyo said:
Kycha, may I ask what you are paying for your SUV, is that a VUE type SUV?
How long will you have it and did you use any codes or discounts?

Thanks, YO

Yo I ended up defecting to Alamo for the first time. Their rates were much cheaper than National this time around. So, no Emerald Aisle this time :sad2: . We reserved for 7 days at $140.77 for a midsize SUV. I did use codes, I will PM that info when I get home because I don't have it here at work. I am hoping that the rate will go down even further. I think the VUE would be considered a midsize. Alamo's website listed the midsize as a Chevy Equinox.

I would also like to know how this works for a midsize suv also. I am new to national. This board has been a real help.

shonadamson said:
I would also like to know how this works for a midsize suv also. I am new to national. This board has been a real help.

If you booked a midsize SUV then that is the aisle you head to and your level of service is Emearld Reserve, not Emearld Aisle. It will be clearly marked with a sign.

This thread is for renters to report what they've seen on the Emearld Aisle which is the aisle for Intermediate car renters...only those who book an Intermediate would head to the Emerald Aisle.

Hope this helps.

Quick weekend trip - 1/27-29.

Got to "A" side around 10:30 p.m., and not a vehicle to be found - completely empty!

We were told to take a car from the Executive Aisle, and selected a Grand Prix with leater interior. Our other options were lots of Monte Carlos, Malibus, Camrys.

As we pulled out, they were putting one lone Sebring Convertible on the EA. If it had been spring, we likely would have switched out!

Does a convertable count as a "specialty" car for insurance? Should a person's normal car insurnace backed by an AMEX say cover it?

We are going to Alamo in May and got the equinox for under $100 total for a full week using the entertainment $25 coupon. We found lots of suv's and van's in the aisle at National last week as well as convertibles and PT's. Regular intermediate were harder to find..just a few of them..

I assume our car insurance covers a mid size SUV, since we own a large truck...anyone know? I never thought that it wouldn't.

Kycha said:
Yo I ended up defecting to Alamo for the first time. Their rates were much cheaper than National this time around. So, no Emerald Aisle this time :sad2: . We reserved for 7 days at $140.77 for a midsize SUV. I did use codes, I will PM that info when I get home because I don't have it here at work. I am hoping that the rate will go down even further. I think the VUE would be considered a midsize. Alamo's website listed the midsize as a Chevy Equinox.

We arrived at EA around 6:00 pm on Monday 1/23. There was only one intermediate available a Pontiac g-6 so we took it. There were at least 6 suv's and a least as many mini-vans.
It was just mom & I so anything bigger then a car was overkill but the people arriving behind us were in their glory at having so many suv's & vans to choose from.

Colleen

deltachi8 said:
Does a convertable count as a "specialty" car for insurance? Should a person's normal car insurnace backed by an AMEX say cover it?

You would need to check your specific card issuer policy/and or your own as well - we always carry our card policy with us in case something like that comes up

Good Question!

Cheers
jaysue

:wave2:

Armadillo4 said:
Sometime between the time you dropped off your Vibe and when we arrived on the "A" side on Sat. Jan 14th at 6:30am, every car on the EA was taken. LOL! We were hoping for a Torrent, Rendevzous or even a Vue based on some of the recent posts here. Seeing as it was still too early to go to the Parks, we crossed the Terminal to the "B" side to find a couple Dodge Stratus, some G6s and a few other sedans. I think they were all intermediate-sized.

So, we crossed back to the "A" side (yes, we're crazy) and pointed out to the National attendant in the booth that the EA was empty. They let us pick from the Executive Selection. Still, no SUVs or Minivans :( so we picked a LaCrosse with leather interior. There were a couple HHRs, but they were smaller than I envisioned so we passed them over.

When we dropped off our car late Tuesday afternoon Jan. 17 ("A" side again), we saw a Rendezvous, a PT Cruiser, a couple of Monte Carlos, and a few G6s and Classics.

That is too classic - arbitrage between the two sides to see what has a better offer

Cheers
jaysue

We have just changed ressies from Emerald Reserve to Emerald Aisle (Intermediate) - DS#1 (6 yrs old) loves the idea of getting a mystery car

Cheers
jaysue

Donnask8pro said:
Maybe a silly question but Airtran terminal closer to "A" side or "B" side?

Airtran is on side A. I flew with them this past week. National is on level 2 of the garage on side A. I used Avis because it was a business trip. Got a nice new Chevy Malibu. Definitely better than the old model.

Rented through Emerald Aisle for Jan 27th 11:00pm arrival and there was NOTHING at all on the EA so they gave us our choice of anything else...just not the premium convertibles etc. Bummer! :sad2: Got a great minivan for the 10 days! :thumbsup2

Arrived 1-31-06 at 10:00 am on A side EA full of cars one vibe walked all the way to the end and found one HHR one PT Cruiser and 2 Rondevous(sp), The car return was full of suv's. There were probably 5 or 6 Sebring convertables on the EA.

arrived on the 8th returned on the 12th. Tons of buick rendevous(sp?) mini vans, pt cruisers and the other one that looks like a buick. Cant remember its name. The aisle ws loaded.

Just got back on the 24th after arriving on Tuesday 2-21 around noon. The EA on side B was completely empty, so we helped ourselves to the executive aisle and scored a Chrysler Pacifica for four days for a total of $143. Gotta love the EA!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter