News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mom who just sent my first kid to college 1,100 miles away...this ad is BRUTAL.

And when the teenager, who is still at home (but also wants to go far away to school when he graduates), asks for a Disney trip...yeah, just take my money.

As a mom who's kids are still in that "little" phase, I say "and this is why we have annual passes!" Granted, after we activate the SAMS old priced ones we bought before the increase, we may be priced out.

I think it is also important to note that Frozen is the first Disney princess movie to get a sequel with a theatrical release. Historically they were terrible stories pushed direct to VHS/DVD. It had to be done properly and probably bumped other Disney Animation Studio projects in order to be released as fast as it could.

Well, if you don't count the early films/collections of shorts with Mickey, Donald, etc., Disney has only done a few theatrically released sequels (just counting Walt Disney Animation Studios, not Pixar): Rescuers Down Under, Winnie the Pooh, and Wreck-It-Ralph 2 (also Fantasia 2000, nut that kinda falls in with the shorts). So there have been very few sequels with theatrical releases, period.

So I've been listening to the Frozen 2 Soundtrack.

I think I've decided I like it better than the first.

Sure, the first had a couple great songs like the iconic Let it Go, the hilarious In Summer, Build a Snowman and For the First Time in Forever.

I always thought Love is an Open Door and Fixer Upper were pretty weak.

So Frozen 2 has:

All is Found: which I'm liking more the longer I listen, especially the Kasey Musgrave version which is reminiscent of very early Of Monsters and Men to me
Some Things Never Change: also growing on me
When I am Older: pretty sure I'm liking it better than In Summer, Samantha?
Lost in the Woods: such a better love song than Fixer Upper or Love is on Open Door (which I guess was kind of the villain song for the first Frozen?)
Show Yourself: very good
The Next Right Thing: just wrecks me

Sure, the first had a couple great songs like the iconic Let it Go, the hilarious In Summer, Build a Snowman and For the First Time in Forever.

So Frozen 2 has:

All is Found: which I'm liking more the longer I listen, especially the Kasey Musgrave version which is reminiscent of very early Of Monsters and Men to me
Lost in the Woods: such a better love song than Fixer Upper or Love is on Open Door (which I guess was kind of the villain song for the first Frozen?)

Saw this today - has some interesting tidbits you might appreciate (including a note about The Next Right Thing ... and also that the Samantha line was ad libed):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradomini...Kuv9ZyMfmOUTvSGYOhlIcRBjQdUoagePIIwGOJ8u1-EIA

So Frozen 2 has:

I have been listening as well. I still think I like the first soundtrack better, but this one is growing on me. I kinda like some of the cut songs better than the ones that made it into the movie. Don't want to go into too much to spoil anything, but if you listen to some of them, story lines must've changed which caused the song swaps. Some Things Never Change is my favorite right now.
Saw this today - has some interesting tidbits you might appreciate (including a note about The Next Right Thing ... and also that the Samantha line was ad libed):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradomini...Kuv9ZyMfmOUTvSGYOhlIcRBjQdUoagePIIwGOJ8u1-EIA
Yes! I saw this last night. WARNING, tons of spoilers! But yes, they mention the other songs. People should listen to Home and Get This Right 👍

Last edited:
I have been listening as well. I still think I like the first soundtrack better, but this one is growing on me. I kinda like some of the cut songs better than the ones that made it into the movie. Don't want to go into too much to spoil anything, but if you listen to some of them, story lines must've changed which caused the song swaps. Some Things Never Change is my favorite right now.

Yes! I saw this last night. WARNING, tons of spoilers! But yes, they mention the other songs. People should listen to Home and Get This Right 👍

I listened to the two cut songs. I really, really think Home should have been included. It goes a far way to explaining Anna's mindset at the start of the movie, and it's just a great song.

I'm ok with Get This Right being cut. I am not a huge fan of it and I don't think it was needed.

I listened to the two cut songs. I really, really think Home should have been included. It goes a far way to explaining Anna's mindset at the start of the movie, and it's just a great song.

I'm ok with Get This Right being cut. I am not a huge fan of it and I don't think it was needed.

Kirsten Bell said in the article I quoted some posts back that the issue with Home was that it was just her singing vs multiple characters and they didn't want to lead off with a song that didn't feature more characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter