no more regular MBs??

I'd not heard you could buy a "used" one with a puck (the electronic center part) on Ebay - I was only referring to buying a plain one at the Park, then switching the plain band for a fancy printed band you bought on Ebay, using an eyeglass screwdriver to switch the bands. Make sure a used one can be "linked" to a new person before you buy one?

Yes, we bought a NEW unlinked band on ebay for our granddaughter, had no issue linking it to her on MDE.

The standard MagicBands do seem to be on their way out. I doubt new designs will be released. Standard solid colors will probably be available for some time to come I'm sure.

I wish it was possible for MagicMobile (iPhone/Apple Watch card) to open resort doors. Then I wouldn't need a MagicBand at all. I don't particularly like them.

You can always get one of the free hard plastic tickets to use for resort doors (and park entry, tapping for G+, etc.). You don't need to have a MagicBand.

True, I am just worried it would slip out of my pocket etc.

Do you have a WDW on property reservation?
I was searching Magic bands online while logged in just now and
Guests with upcoming reservations are offered a different selection with a reduced price . I’m still deciding but I do not want to deal with charging and those tiny screws .

Does Magic Band 2 mean it is not +
85BDCF78-74EE-4221-AC0D-7F9D9171DF31.png

Remember the Box they shipped these to guests FREE

B2623E67-A021-46F6-B6A0-4B263F6B611D.png

Last edited:
Do you have a WDW on property reservation?
I was searching Magic bands online while logged in just now and
Guests with upcoming reservations are offered a different selection with a reduced price . I’m still deciding but I do not want to deal with charging and those tiny screws .

Does Magic Band 2 mean it is not +
View attachment 753244
Correct. MB 2 is not MB+

If you have a MagicBand+, can it be used at WDW and DL just the same? Or do you have to buy separate ones for each resort? I know they have their own apps My Disney Experience vs Disneyland App, so I wasn't sure how that would link up.

If you do want to use the KTTW cards, put them in a clear id pouch and attach to either a lanyard or retractable id clip for easy use. When I worked in the hospital, I used a clear id pouch that was on a retractable clip attached to my Disney lanyard. Worked awesome at all the electronic door locks I had to access

I don't know about IPhone but you can open your door with an android phone. I might have forgotten my MB once but did have my phone. Got in my room no problem. It's on MDE.

I have one of the MBs they were testing way back in the very beginning of MBs. They only gave them to people in certain resorts. It still works fine, I can even see ride photos when I wear it.

It would have to be charged. They asked about MB+. AFAIK if the MB+ is not charged it would be like a MB2 with a nonworking battery.
Sorry, my error. I was thinking the OP was asking about MB2. You’re correct that they were asking about MB+.
I don't know about IPhone but you can open your door with an android phone. I might have forgotten my MB once but did have my phone. Got in my room no problem. It's on MDE.

I have one of the MBs they were testing way back in the very beginning of MBs. They only gave them to people in certain resorts. It still works fine, I can even see ride photos when I wear it.
Yes, an iPhone can also be used to access your room.

The standard MagicBands do seem to be on their way out. I doubt new designs will be released. Standard solid colors will probably be available for some time to come I'm sure.

I wish it was possible for MagicMobile (iPhone/Apple Watch card) to open resort doors. Then I wouldn't need a MagicBand at all. I don't particularly like them.

It's just inconvenient to have to open up the app, bring up the resort hotel tab and accept the face ID authentication, etc., when you can just tap your magic band instead to get into your room.

Yes! This is my issue, too. I would use my Apple Watch exclusively if it could only open the room door. As it is, I put a puck in a holder on my watch band.
For those saying you can use your phone to open your room door, that is usually true, but you have to open the app, then go to resort room. And it doesn't work for me, for some reason. It says there is an unknown error and I should call. When I call, they have a great solution -- get a card. No fix for the issue itself.

I'm sure this was already asked in this thread but I can't search 16 pages

We are going to Disney in August and I checked back in October just to browse bands and the plain basic ones were $10 Now is see the plain colored ones are $25 and they're all MB+
What the hell... so are they done with regular $10 ones?
Ugh I have two little boys age 3 and 5 i seriously have to spend $25 on bands for them?
My husband was just on the Disney World website looking at our MDE account and there were several MB2 options. There were solid white, pink, purple…all for 9.99, I think. There were also a couple of glitter ones, silver and rose gold, and a Mickey one. I think those were 14.99.

My husband was just on the Disney World website looking at our MDE account and there were several MB2 options. They were solid white, pink, purple…all for 9.99 i think. There were also a couple of glitter ones, silver and rose gold, and a Mickey one. I think those were 14.99.
SWEET!! Thank you for the tip! Some of these colours (sparkly rose gold, solid raspberry) I haven't seen on the site for months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter