• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2009 College Football Discussion Thread

I'll just say I'm rooting against Texas.

Only 8 months till another season of Auburn Football!!!

Congratulations, Alabama!! It ended up being an interesting game. We really enjoyed watching.
Love college football and WDW!
See you at the Fort Jan 26th. Surely, it will be warmer by the time we arrive.

Congratulations, Alabama.
Sad Sad for Colt. What a way to end an awesome college career. I was proud of my longhorns as I think they did well considering. It is hard to watch Colt's interviews although he has handled it with dignity.

Well the Crimson Tide has won its 13th National Championship. I just finished watching the replay on ESPNU this morning. Bama didn't play its best game (like we did versus Florida) but capitalized on the turnovers. We shot down the Heisman jinx and reestablished the tradition of Southern college football excellance in the Rose Bowl.

Texas played well after Gilbert got in synch with the game. But the Tide shredded the Texas defense with two different 100-yard rushers and played physical SEC-style defense.

Outside Alabama's home stadium is a brick plaza walkway connecting the stadium to University Boulevard. To the right are 5 niches of which 4 have statues about 8 feet tall. The statues were put in when the stadium was remodelled a few years ago and they are the 4 coaches who won National Championships at Alabama: Wallace Wade, Frank Thomas, Paul Bryant, and Gene Stallings. The fifth niche has sat vacant for these years but talk is this morning that the Nick Saban statue will be commissioned and will soon take its place along with the other four coaches.

Bama loses two offensive lineman after this year and maybe half the defense due to graduation or early exit to the NFL. But we will probably start out the preseason as #1. The new expansion to the stadium will be finished by the start of next year's season pushing capacity over 101,000. We have playing at home on the 2010 schedule Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Penn State during the regular season.

It's a great time to be a Crimson Tide fan and say "Roll Tide". :woohoo:

Bama ED

Go Jim Leavett in 2010! Oh....wait!!! He was fired yesterday for grabbing a player by the throat and slapping him!! (USF Bulls head coach)

Well the Crimson Tide has won its 13th National Championship. I just finished watching the replay on ESPNU this morning. Bama didn't play its best game (like we did versus Florida) but capitalized on the turnovers. We shot down the Heisman jinx and reestablished the tradition of Southern college football excellance in the Rose Bowl.

Texas played well after Gilbert got in synch with the game. But the Tide shredded the Texas defense with two different 100-yard rushers and played physical SEC-style defense.

Outside Alabama's home stadium is a brick plaza walkway connecting the stadium to University Boulevard. To the right are 5 niches of which 4 have statues about 8 feet tall. The statues were put in when the stadium was remodelled a few years ago and they are the 4 coaches who won National Championships at Alabama: Wallace Wade, Frank Thomas, Paul Bryant, and Gene Stallings. The fifth niche has sat vacant for these years but talk is this morning that the Nick Saban statue will be commissioned and will soon take its place along with the other four coaches.

Bama loses two offensive lineman after this year and maybe half the defense due to graduation or early exit to the NFL. But we will probably start out the preseason as #1. The new expansion to the stadium will be finished by the start of next year's season pushing capacity over 101,000. We have playing at home on the 2010 schedule Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Penn State during the regular season.

It's a great time to be a Crimson Tide fan and say "Roll Tide". :woohoo:

Bama ED

I'm really glad the Crimson Tide won the game! That being said - it will be argued for years to come that the Longhorn's loss was due to McCoy's injury. It was a bitter-sweet win due to that. I'm very sorry that McCoy had to end his year in such a bad way - and so early in the game. It's just sad to see such a talented player get injured - no matter what team he's playing for.

I'm proud of the SEC's overall performance this year!! Go Auburn, Go Gator's, Roll Tide!!!

War Damn Urban Meyer's Heart Valve!!!

It was a strange season for the Gators, and there are lots of questions going into next year. But, you can't be disappointed when the only game you lost was to the eventual National Champs.

Congrats to Bama fans! Now, on with the NFL playoffs....

Looks like Pete Carroll is going to the Seahawks and Tommy Tubberville is going to Texas Tech....

I wonder who they are going to get for the USF job....anyone?

Looks like Pete Carroll is going to the Seahawks and Tommy Tubberville is going to Texas Tech....

I wonder who they are going to get for the USF job....anyone?

I just read that because USF fired Leavett for just cause, Leavett gets only one month's salary for severance pay......Just at $66 THOUSAND DOLLARS!! Holy Crap, Jen!!! Get your resume submitted......NOW!!!

Our local news station just interrupted regular scheduled programming to announce that Lane Kiffin is leaving UT to take the head coaching position at USC. Well, I won't miss him, but his Daddy is a different story.

Our local news station just interrupted regular scheduled programming to announce that Lane Kiffin is leaving UT to take the head coaching position at USC. Well, I won't miss him, but his Daddy is a different story.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I'm watching American Idol on DVR delay....so hadn't heard that. Wow.

I wouldn't take that mess of a USC job right now if I were him. And bailing on UT after one season is NOT COOL. What a jerk.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I'm watching American Idol on DVR delay....so hadn't heard that. Wow.

I wouldn't take that mess of a USC job right now if I were him. And bailing on UT after one season is NOT COOL. What a jerk.

I didn't care for him when he got here a year ago, but no, it's not cool to leave after one season especially when one drones on and on about how "no one will work harder for this program," blah, blah, blah. I'm just glad the Kiffin era is over...it's time to move on.:rotfl2:

ETA: I do hate this for the team, recruiting class (or lack thereof now) and for the 8 transfers that are suppose to start class in the morning.

All I can say is WOW!

The thing that stuns me is the "one year" part. The fact he wants to go back to USC is not surprising given he was there during the recent successful times. But bailing out after one year? There would probably be other opportunities in his coaching career to go back to USC but then again maybe he thought this was his best chance given he could take Daddy and Ed O. with him.

The SEC and TN are better off with him gone. Wherever they are at this very moment, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive, Steve Spurrier, and Urban Meyer are smiling :) not that they feared him or even cared about him but it's like you wake up and find your neighbor with the yippy yappy yard dog moved out overnight.

Bama ED

PS-This proves Al Davis was right!

I heard an interview with Kiffin the night they announced his departure from Tennessee and he was asked about if he would still comment on Meyer or not. He said something to the effect that he was glad he was leaving the SEC because now he could say whatever he wanted about Meyer and not get fined. I guess that shows true character there...geez.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter