Official 2009 College Football Discussion Thread

This is a tough one. I have two friends that are Texas fans (Millers) and someone else, yet 'Bama is SEC. Decisions decisions.

Pete, I went to Alabama and Texas. I'm rooting for the Longhorns...... call me crazy......

Things are looking bad for Tennessee....

The university just confirmed that the NCAA has launched an official investigation. Wow, that didn't take long....popcorn::

Things are looking bad for Tennessee....

The university just confirmed that the NCAA has launched an official investigation. Wow, that didn't take long....popcorn::

The buzz on this is crazy around here! I'm not surprised though. I'm one of just a few that doesn't care for this new coaching staff or Mike Hamilton whether any of them are guilty of anything or not. Maybe the powers that be truly did not know what was going on?!? For the sake of the players and fans, I certainly hope that's the case.

I'm hoping they both eat bad mexican food in california, and forfeit. The Gators whoomp Cinci by 89 points and regain the number one spot.

I'm hoping they both eat bad mexican food in california, and forfeit. The Gators whoomp Cinci by 89 points and regain the number one spot.

No doubt the Gators will beat Cinci and it's certainly possible by 89 points. If your other desire doesn't happen, we'll blame it on Obama.

Dave, if I had any stitches left in my gut, I would have definitely ripped one when I saw your new avatar, or whatever it's called. That is hilarious!!!!!

The Longhorns are used to eating bad mexican food! We call it Tex Mex. I have to admit I did not want to see us playing the Gators.Now if Colt can work on his time telling ability we might have a better chance! He thought there was 15 seconds on the clock instead of 1! Some things are better kept to yourself!

Now if Colt can work on his time telling ability we might have a better chance! He thought there was 15 seconds on the clock instead of 1! Some things are better kept to yourself!

I felt so sorry for him...I can't imagine the pressure he was under! We were all screaming at the television like he could hear us.:laughing: It was a good game though. We have some EXTREMELY obnoxious Nebraska fan friends so we were secretly happy with the ending.;)

Another congrats to Ingram on Heisman trophy win. We are really looking forward to what we call the post season of college football--Bowl season. Good luck to everyone even though some will end their seasons with a loss.
Love college football and WDW.

Interesting article this week in the Tuscaloosa News (hometown paper of the Crimson Tide) about teams taking their rest weekends before they play Alabama. As the article notes, last month they did an investigation which showed that in the 4-year window of 2007-2010 (if 2010 was played as scheduled) SEC conference game schedule a total of 16 teams had a week off before playing Alabama (6 of those teams planned to do so in 2010 alone). The team playing the next most teams coming off a bye week in that 4-year period was LSU with 5.

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20091216/NEWS/912159944/1016/NEWS?Title=SEC-looks-to-adjust-football-schedules

So the 2010 schedule is going to be refined to balance this out and the 10-year block of conference scheduling due in 2011 will also address this.

BTW, here was the total break-down for 2007 to 2010:

SEC teams vs. idle-rested opponents (2007-10)
Alabama, 16
LSU, 5
Florida, 4
Tennessee, 4
Georgia, 4
Vanderbilt, 4
Auburn, 3
Kentucky, 2
Ole Miss, 1
Miss. State, 1
S. Carolina, 1
Arkansas, 0

Bama ED :cheer2:

PS-for 8 conference games scheduled per year for 4 years that's 32 games which means HALF of Bama's opponents did this in this time period.

I guess you will just have to live with it...huh?

Poor, poor thing.

Must have been a slow news week.:rotfl2:

I guess you will just have to live with it...huh?

Poor, poor thing.

Must have been a slow news week.:rotfl2:

Uh, hate to correct you again but no, we don't have to live with it. That was the point of the article. Mal was persuasive enough with his peers so that changes will be made for 2010 and beyond.

RTR! Bama ED :surfweb:

I doubt very seriously your pal persuaded their arch rival to change their bye week before Bama. As for the others, oh well. I would never read anything from that paper anyway. It would be like watching CNN. :rotfl2: Really, no correction needed. I got your point through the gloating, I just didn't feel like it was newsworthy! But that is my opinion.

Anybody else started watching the bowl games yesterday? I'm off this week coming up and started by watching the New Mexico Bowl yesterday between Wyoming and Fresno State while I was working on my "honey-do" list. Turned out to be a pretty decent little game. Found myself rooting for the Cowboys early on since they were the underdogs. Went to double-OT but Wyoming won.

Some other decent games coming up this week. I'll also be interested in watching SMU and June Jones go back to Hawaii for that bowl game Christmas Eve.

Anybody else? Chime on in! :goodvibes

Bama ED

I watched the St. Pete bowl, but was very disappointed that UCF lost. I have some former softball players that go there and was hoping they would pull out a win, but it was not to be in the fourth quarter. I am looking forward to watching all the college football and then going into withdraw for 10 months.

SMU won their bowl game convincingly - interesting to see June Jones on the sideline again in Hawaii. Bama played his Hawaii teams twice over there and once here at home and they were a tough team with Timmy Chang slinging it on offense and a hard hitting defense.

Next on my "interesting" list will be the bowl game in Nashville with Kentucky and Clemson. :happytv:

Bama ED

Holy Macaroni and Cheese....Urban Meyer has resigned.

I knew he was hospitalized after the championship game, but who knew it was that serious....wow:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter