Official 2009 College Football Discussion Thread

TCD, I hope you would agree with me that Nike's new versions of the uniforms of the teams they sponsor was not impressive. Far and large, the winner of the worst uniforms IMO was Missouri. Looks like y'all had a great time, I know we did at the game in Auburn last week. It surely was a blast.

Best of luck to the Gators tomorrow in the game.

Well Bama beat the Gators bad last night. Very reminiscent of the 92 Sugar Bowl when Bama beat Miami: Heisman trophy winner for QB, other team #1 and Bama #2, most of the media love went against Bama, and Bama dominated from kick-off to finish. Nearly 500 yards of offense against the #1 defense; holding the ball for nearly 40 minutes; an almost 9-minute drive in the 3rd quarter resulting in a touchdown; containing Tebow to only 60+ yards rushing. It was Bama's best game of the year.

It's a perfect example of the high standard of excellance Coach Saban set for this team this year (which is misunderstood by a few). Last year's team, as I have said, over-achieved but it was a good experience to remind them what these moments require and what's needed to finish and put away an opponent. Last year Florida put us away and we never really recovered even through the Sugar Bowl. And also as I've said, I believe the team was waiting 52 weeks for this opportunity again to prove themselves despite bumps in the road like Tennessee and LSU. When that opportunity came they were ready and delivered.

This makes 22 SEC championships for Alabama including at least one in every decade since the SEC was formed back in the 30's. Even though Bama lost last year in the SEC Champ game at least they were in the game and the critics were at home watching on tv (thank you Teddy Roosevelt!). Now we will face Texas in the BCS Champ game, a team Bama is 0-7-1 lifetime against (although we haven't played each other in about 25 years). Texas struggled and showed their weaknesses versus Nebraska. Our quarterback is also from Texas and not recruited by UT so whatever motivational reason he can find will help us.

Alabama has a rich historical tradition with the Rose Bowl game (and thus stadium) in its history that goes back to the 1920s. In our fight song we "...remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then...". So with the BCS champ game at the Rose Bowl who knows if that tradition will continue to grow?:cool2:

The Rammer Jammer cheer never sounded so good as it did last night at the Georgia Dome! :cheer2:

Bama ED

To Ed and the other Bama fans out there, I say congratulations. I am shocked that Alabama was able to do what it did to the Gator defense. Saban is a great coach, and I expect Alabama to easily win another National Championship for the SEC.

Now I know how Alabama fans last year after the SECCG. Man, it is devastating for a fan to have a perfect season end that way. I also must give credit where it is due, and say that I saw a lot of good sportsmanship exhibited at the game (opposing players helping each other up, etc.). Alabama showed a lot of class in this game, and I am glad that they will represent the SEC in the National Championship.

On Saturday, Alabama was the better team.

Sadly, for the Gators, next year will be a big rebuilding year. I would like to think that the Gators will be in the SECCG again next year, but, honestly, that is pretty hard for me to envision.

So, reluctantly, I say Roll Tide!

Oh, what could have been . . .

TCD

Wow, I remember the days when getting to the Sugar Bowl was huge. Ah well, with the lack of spark the Gators exhibited much of the season this result was not a huge surprise. You can "mail it in" for some games, but not against the #2 (now #1) team in the nation. Too bad Tebow's career will end against Cincinnati and not Texas, but this is Bama's year and they should enjoy it.

But, unlike TCD, i can't bring myself to utter those words.....Roll T...i....I can't do it!

Sorry, I'll just say "Go SEC!". :thumbsup2

Wow, I remember the days when getting to the Sugar Bowl was huge. Ah well, with the lack of spark the Gators exhibited much of the season this result was not a huge surprise. You can "mail it in" for some games, but not against the #2 (now #1) team in the nation. Too bad Tebow's career will end against Cincinnati and not Texas, but this is Bama's year and they should enjoy it.

But, unlike TCD, i can't bring myself to utter those words.....Roll T...i....I can't do it!

Sorry, I'll just say "Go SEC!". :thumbsup2

There were times that both Alabama and Florida played like they didn't deserve to be ranked in the top 10, much less #1 and #2. Quite frankly, I expected Auburn to beat Alabama and didn't think they had a chance against Florida. That being said, I was proud of the way Alabama was able to pull out the win against Auburn. I think that got them fired up, because they played better Saturday than they did all season. I hope they can stayed fired up enough to beat Texas and win the national championship. And, I can proudly say, ROLL TIDE!!!! I hope every SEC team wins their bowl game, with the exception of Tennessee. It's just too hard to pull for the Vols.

everyone has read Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer: A Road Trip Into the Heart of Fan Mania by Warren St. John haven't they? While alot of people might not "get it"....everyone here would!

If all Bama fans were as wonderful as you Vickie, I would pull for them too, however.....

Thanks Jen. You're one of my favorite Auburn fans too! I know quite a few Auburn grads, some I watched grow up (Sabrina's friends). I think the majority of us Bama fans pull for most of the other SEC teams, when we're not playing them. There are a few exceptions though. I would never let one of my nieces know I ever pulled for Auburn, just because she is an Auburn fan. In fact, if not for the Gator family, I might not have pulled for Florida last year. I'm pretty sure I was the only one in my house pulling for them. But, it makes the SEC look stronger each time one of the teams wins.

Thanks Jen. You're one of my favorite Auburn fans too! I know quite a few Auburn grads, some I watched grow up (Sabrina's friends). I think the majority of us Bama fans pull for most of the other SEC teams, when we're not playing them. There are a few exceptions though. I would never let one of my nieces know I ever pulled for Auburn, just because she is an Auburn fan. In fact, if not for the Gator family, I might not have pulled for Florida last year. I'm pretty sure I was the only one in my house pulling for them. But, it makes the SEC look stronger each time one of the teams wins.

We do love that Gator family, now don't we!:thumbsup2

National Championship.. Who do I pull for?
1 - Being a Former Student at Texas A&M.
2 - Living in central Texas and listening to and reading about great the longhorns are.
3 - Alabama secured the services of "Bear" Bryant and Gene Stallings from A&M.
4 - Alabama did give us Coach Fran.
5 - Being my favorite teams are Texas A&M and who ever is playing tu.

Roll Tide

National Championship.. Who do I pull for?
1 - Being a Former Student at Texas A&M.
2 - Living in central Texas and listening to and reading about great the longhorns are.
3 - Alabama secured the services of "Bear" Bryant and Gene Stallings from A&M.
4 - Alabama did give us Coach Fran.
5 - Being my favorite teams are Texas A&M and who ever is playing tu.

Roll Tide

I must say that I am the only Longhorn in a large family of Aggies and I am happy to say they are true Texans and pulling for the Longhorns!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter