• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2009 College Football Discussion Thread

Holy Macaroni and Cheese....Urban Meyer has resigned.

I knew he was hospitalized after the championship game, but who knew it was that serious....wow:scared1:

No matter what school/team you support, this is sad news. I'm sure it's a very difficult time for him and his family. I hope he will be okay.

Holy Macaroni and Cheese....Urban Meyer has resigned.

I knew he was hospitalized after the championship game, but who knew it was that serious....wow:scared1:

He didn't want to end up a "has been" now that he's lost most of his star players. He should have manned up! That's what Bowden would do.

And....only Pirate Jeff's Mac-n-Cheese is holy! (Mmmmmmm!)

I am a BIG Alabama fan and Alumni. I am so proud of our team this year
and Ingram has a lot to be proud of. DH is an Auburn Grad but has little to
brag about this year. We are a house divided.

Hopfully The Crimson Tide will be the National Champions after January 7th.

Go Bama!!!!!!:banana::cheer2:

Us Auburn Grads are not bragging this year, just very relieved we didn't have a repeat year of the last. We will be having a blast in Tampa this coming weekend!

I sure hope that Mr. Meyer is off to a speedy recovery and can help another team to greatness one day. He is much too young to be struck down in his prime like this.

LSU is playing Penn State in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando on Friday.

I read in our local paper that the team was visiting Disney World yesterday after practice. I'm wondering if anyone saw them in the parks?

My DD21 (who just got back from our family trip to WDW Dec 19) informed me she was going to the game. Should be a fun trip for her and her friends!

Man, that Urban Meyer is one messed up, conflicted dude.

First he tells his wife and family he's resigning and we all swoon over it.

Then the next day he goes to practice and afterwards calls Foley the AD from the field and tells him he's going to instead take the leave of absence option. THEN he tells his family (per his Sunday presser) as they're getting on the plane. I'm sure his wife was glad to hear the change of news (NOT).

And at the presser he demonstrates why he needs to step away in the first place ("who was going to take over my program, blah blah"). He said it all with a straight face but his story was a contortion of statements that don't make sense to anyone with a brain.

This is going to hurt Florida in the near term. Recruits don't know if he'll be there or not. Foley should have closed the door behind Urban and if I were Foley I'd be on the phone to Bob Stoops at OK to get on the jet and come back to Gainesville.

He needs to take a year or so off, clean himself up, and take a job coaching a D2 program where there's no expectations. If his family was most important as he said then that would be the outcome. Anything else is BS. There is more to this story that we are not being told. In the near term, I think South Carolina benefits followed by Georgia and then Tennersee.

Plus the Gators come to Tuscaloosa sometime next year as part of the regular season rotation. Anyone think Urban will be there then? :confused3

Bama ED

PS - some good games coming up this weekend. It'll show how the SEC is (against other conferences) truly.

LSU is playing Penn State in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando on Friday.

I read in our local paper that the team was visiting Disney World yesterday after practice. I'm wondering if anyone saw them in the parks?

My DD21 (who just got back from our family trip to WDW Dec 19) informed me she was going to the game. Should be a fun trip for her and her friends!

I saw a LOT of LSU & Penn State jackets & shirts in Epcot yesterday. I also saw Auburn & Northwestern garb in the park.

Oddly - I didn't see a lot of Gator garb. I think people are pizzed at Meyer. I'm not angry with his confused state, but I have lost a lot of respect for him.

Anyhow - back to the original intent of this thread. Can anyone say........"WAR DAMN EAGLE"?

Anyhow - back to the original intent of this thread. Can anyone say........"WAR DAMN EAGLE"?

I certainly can!

We had to win three times yesterday: We beat NW, the refs and ourselves!

Oh, and by the way, I survived the rain and cold too in the upper deck.

It was certainly a disappointing loss to go with a disappointing season. The Lions outplayed the LSU Tigers the entire first half and the last part of the second half. It was painful to watch as was most of the games this season.
Congratulations to Penn St. and to all who have won their games in this post season.
Of course, we are looking forward to watching the BCS championship game Thursday night, and may the best team win!!
Love college football and WDW.

Whoa!! Bummer for McCoy!! That's a lousy way to end his season.

But......'

Can I get a "ROLL TIDE"???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter