Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Newbie to universal- do they offer special pricing for military for these hard ticket events like Disney? Do you have to purchase at gate to get the discount or can you purchase in advance (disney only lets you purchase day of for military prices for parties-in my experience)

And…we are officially off to the races
7FC9B3EF-D9A2-4FFC-A056-17500FCF0B97.jpeg
with more of a limp via a gallop (thanks to Universal’s IT dropping that online ball re apple product accessibility):rolleyes1

In the spirit of HHN…
EE047F39-C5B3-4752-98AB-1BD9243BF426.jpeg
JK - guys, really. Now, it’s time to wow us!

I am booked at RPR Sept 17-24. Going to get Rush of Fear passes when they come out.
:wizard:
Can someone please post the link to the individual AP RIP tours. Thank you.
No AP discounts offered this far as I can tell. Difficult as iPhone/iPad today for me
Newbie to universal- do they offer special pricing for military for these hard ticket events like Disney?
Not in the past as far as I know, doubtful ID guess. U could ck with ur base where you purchase ur tix

I had a plan. That plan has now failed me. I had planned on HHN on Wednesday September 14th, yet for some reason that is the one regular day there is not going to be HHN. Oh well. I will be able to adjust but I hope it works out for my co-travelers as well.

I grabbed tickets for two HHN nights. We wanted specific dates and and could have saved some money waiting for multi night tickets, not a ton of money, but some, however I just wanted everything to be set and paid for. Now I have 7 nights at Portofino and tickets for two nights of HHN31. Flight paid for also, at this point I'm happy and now just waiting until the fall to have a bit of fun.

I bought an HHN 2022 shirt in the All Hallows’ Eve Boutique. It says Never Go Alone on the back in what looks like blood. I have a shirt from last year with the same message, but it’s on the front in serial killer letters. I had to buy it when I saw it though, they also had Christmas ornaments with the same message.

Does anyone know when they'll reveal the nights that Premier AP holders can use their free tickets? We're not local, so we try to schedule around when we'll be able to take advantage of the free ticket.

Does anyone know when they'll reveal the nights that Premier AP holders can use their free tickets? We're not local, so we try to schedule around when we'll be able to take advantage of the free ticket.
I don’t know when they release, but both times that I have used the free tickets were Wednesdays in October. The last one was 10/6/21. I think if you compare past few years colanders, there’s a pattern where you might make a good guess.

This event looks so cool. We were already planning to be at universal on 2/3, husband is a HUGE horror movie fan. now I’m wondering what this might mean for our trip options…

first. should I just totally change my park days plan because opening weekend will be too crazy with bloggers anyway?

Option 2- tour parks during the day. But then can the rest of my family with little kids head over to IOA to finish their park day and my husband and I do HHN? Or would that be a terrible use of our one parks day there to miss all the IOA rides they’ll be doing?

another option would be all of us do the universal parks during the day with the whole fam and head to IOA when HHN starts, but bring my husband back for a behind the screams tour when everyone else has a pool rest day later that week…

thoughts? Help! I’ve never been to Universal at all, but we’ve done Halloweekends ar Cedar point and loved them.

So,so excited, but also need to now make decisions for our October trip. We'll be at WDW week of Columbus day, but I definitely want to work in a night at HHN, at least for my son and me. Would be easier to go that weekend, but whew, prices are quite a bit more on Oct 8th and 9th, and I'm sure it'll be crazy busy.
so we might consider mid week. But our Universal APs expire on the 10th, so we'd either have to go before then, to get in for Stay/Scream, or maybe add that if we go later in week, or might just save up for Express. Also would prefer to get a cheap room at Universal for the night, so not having to drive back to Boardwalk at 2AM! Decisions, decisions......

kinda miss that extra Tues date they usually offer the last week of the event- was always nice to book 2 mid week dates - a tues and a thurs, with a break in between and they were packed both days, so I know it was profitable for them.

I guess they ditched the Tues, in order to offer the following monday night - Oct 31st. I'm not on twitter, so if a kind soul could please update the thread as soon as you have time when they release Express and/or other promos, that would be soooo appreciated.:worship:

What is exactly is Stay & Scream? Is it included in daytime admission to the park or you do you have to purchase the option separately? Lots of additional questions forthcoming so I apologize in advance. :bitelip:

And now I’m thinking about a trip for this. Our passes expire in September, so we could do a long weekend and catch HHN, too. We went once four years ago (I can’t believe it was that long ago), and it was excellent fun.

What is exactly is Stay & Scream? Is it included in daytime admission to the park or you do you have to purchase the option separately?
Stay & Scream can mean 2 things.

Traditionally it means that you stay in the park in one of the "holding areas" and wait while they clear the regular guests out. This gives you a jump on the first few houses you do, and means you aren't in the mob of people amassing at the gates.

The last few years, Universal has sold a "Stay & Scream" ticket add on. It allows you to enter the park in the afternoon before your HHN night, so that you can do a few rides & wait in one of the holding pens also.

If you have regular admission to Universal, you DO NOT need to buy the extra Stay & Scream ticket. That would include APs also. The only time you would buy the Stay & Scream ticket is if you ONLY have HHN admission & want to enter the park before the official event start.

I bought an HHN 2022 shirt in the All Hallows’ Eve Boutique. It says Never Go Alone on the back in what looks like blood. I have a shirt from last year with the same message, but it’s on the front in serial killer letters. I had to buy it when I saw it though, they also had Christmas ornaments with the same message.

Just adding, Direct Link
$35 Ringer T-Shirt (front & back)

$20 Ornament

Stay & Scream can mean 2 things.

Traditionally it means that you stay in the park in one of the "holding areas" and wait while they clear the regular guests out. This gives you a jump on the first few houses you do, and means you aren't in the mob of people amassing at the gates.

The last few years, Universal has sold a "Stay & Scream" ticket add on. It allows you to enter the park in the afternoon before your HHN night, so that you can do a few rides & wait in one of the holding pens also.

If you have regular admission to Universal, you DO NOT need to buy the extra Stay & Scream ticket. That would include APs also. The only time you would buy the Stay & Scream ticket is if you ONLY have HHN admission & want to enter the park before the official event start.
Super helpful, thanks!

I’m guessing they are working that catch phrase to use up last year’s unsold merchandise with a tweak to the year? Lol.

.:bored:would be nice to see them put their ghoulish heads together & re-institute an icon or general theme this year to tie it all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter