• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Yes, you have to order everyone's magicband at once. Makes it quite the challenge, unfortunately!
Thanks for the response. Do you know how often the inventory changes? I don’t want to rush everyone to pick bands if they will be around for a month or so.

Thanks for the response. Do you know how often the inventory changes? I don’t want to rush everyone to pick bands if they will be around for a month or so.
They can change by the hour...Its an annoying process trying to pick bands for each member of your party. One day 1 I like was there but nothing my wife or daughter liked. The next day ones they both liked showed up. So of course I got vetoed and ended up with a plain one the day ones they liked showed up. 😂

May I join? My family and I will be there aug 2-8, staying at CSR. We haven’t been to wdw since August 2018 and we are so excited!

They can change by the hour...Its an annoying process trying to pick bands for each member of your party. One day 1 I like was there but nothing my wife or daughter liked. The next day ones they both liked showed up. So of course I got vetoed and ended up with a plain one the day ones they liked showed up. 😂
Oh wow. Yeah that makes it much harder. Now I’m not sure what to do. There is six of us that need to pick. I can’t imagine we will be able to find one day that has ones we all like. Thanks for the information!

Hi all! We'll be arriving on Friday August 28th and leaving on Friday Sept. 4th.

We're staying at Pop and will be getting to use the Skyliner for the first time, which we're super excited about. :)

We're planning a resort day (visiting other resorts, not staying at our own), which we've never done before, plus 2 water park visits and MNSSHP. We're also meeting up with some family while we're there. I feel tired already! 😄

Hello All!! We are staying August 17-27th. This will be my first trip since 2008 and my friend's first time at Disney World ever. She is a HUGE Star Wars fan and I"m not only trying to get her mentally ready (the girl likes to shop on a good day I'm scared for Star Wars land) but also get her husband ready for the holds that are gonna show on the credit card lol.

So where I'm from the hottest day in summer is 90 degrees. and typically a dry heat. I'm scared all over about the heat and humidity, also because I'm not exactly a small girl.

Inventory changes ALL THE TIME. It's seriously annoying. There are 4 people on our reservation. Only one of them does not have an upgraded magic band, so I will hopefully just get him one and the rest of us will get a solid color that we don't have yet.

considering moving our April trip to the last week in August. how bad is the heat and humidity? we went the 3rd week in September back 2009 and it was uncomfortable to say the least and I was 10 years younger!

You should expect the end of August to be the same level of miserable as the 3rd week of September, with more crowds, though not as bad as the crowds in the beginning of August. Go in with that expectation, and you won't be disappointed.

Hi! It's my first time posting on this thread. I'm staying with my husband and 4 kids at the Boardwalk Inn 8/27 - 9/2. I'm so excited to be going back but we usually visit in April/May so I am concerned about the difference in weather. I'm trying to do my touring plans to take the heat and rain into account.

I have a question about the magic bands - do all 6 of us have to pick out our magic bands at the same time? Or can we do it at different points if we see bands that we like? I saw one I wanted today but I'm not ready to order for the rest of my family. Thanks!

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning

If you are unable to find Magic Band designs you like, you could always get just solid colors, and then order skins for them. I have gotten quite a few skins from MagicYourBand over the years, and have been quite happy with their quality. They have many designs you can choose from, or you can design your own, and they will print it for you. I always create my own designs, and have been super happy with the results.

Checking in! We'll be at the Grand Floridian 8/23-8/30. Our second trip and our first MNSSHP! Thanks for managing the thread, Tomh.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

You are quite welcome! I have as much fun managing the thread as you all do posting in it . . . maybe more this year since I'm not going to Disney myself, so I get to travel vicariously through you all :)

May I join? My family and I will be there aug 2-8, staying at CSR. We haven’t been to wdw since August 2018 and we are so excited!

Certainly you may join, it will be my honor to add you to the list!

Hi all! We'll be arriving on Friday August 28th and leaving on Friday Sept. 4th.

We're staying at Pop and will be getting to use the Skyliner for the first time, which we're super excited about. :)

We're planning a resort day (visiting other resorts, not staying at our own), which we've never done before, plus 2 water park visits and MNSSHP. We're also meeting up with some family while we're there. I feel tired already! 😄

Sounds like quite a full trip, just the way I like them!!

Hello All!! We are staying August 17-27th. This will be my first trip since 2008 and my friend's first time at Disney World ever. She is a HUGE Star Wars fan and I"m not only trying to get her mentally ready (the girl likes to shop on a good day I'm scared for Star Wars land) but also get her husband ready for the holds that are gonna show on the credit card lol.

So where I'm from the hottest day in summer is 90 degrees. and typically a dry heat. I'm scared all over about the heat and humidity, also because I'm not exactly a small girl.

First trip for your friend, how exciting! Yup, it is going to be hot, and humid, and somewhat miserable. The good news is everyone else around you is going to be a hot sweaty miserable mess too, so you won't be alone, and they will be too busy worrying about how big a mess they are to bother paying any attention to you :)

Do take advantage of the air conditioned buildings when ever possible, even if it is just walking through the shops on your way to a ride instead of walking down the street in front of them. It helps. Take you time at meals too, which gives you body a chance to cool down, and drink drink drink. It is STUPIDLY easy to get dehydrated when you are sweating all day long in the FL heat and humidity.

Inventory changes ALL THE TIME. It's seriously annoying. There are 4 people on our reservation. Only one of them does not have an upgraded magic band, so I will hopefully just get him one and the rest of us will get a solid color that we don't have yet.

Thanks - I checked back this morning and the one I want is still there but I doubt I'll be able to get everyone to agree at the same time.
Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning

If you are unable to find Magic Band designs you like, you could always get just solid colors, and then order skins for them. I have gotten quite a few skins from MagicYourBand over the years, and have been quite happy with their quality. They have many designs you can choose from, or you can design your own, and they will print it for you. I always create my own designs, and have been super happy with the results.

Thanks for adding me! I actually have gotten skins from MagicYourBand before so that is a good alternative instead of making myself crazy checking the inventory.

Thanks - I checked back this morning and the one I want is still there but I doubt I'll be able to get everyone to agree at the same time.

Thanks for adding me! I actually have gotten skins from MagicYourBand before so that is a good alternative instead of making myself crazy checking the inventory.

Can't go wrong with making your own design. It is nice, in my opinion, to have a MB design that literally no one else has.

We got a great price too! Used our points so it was only $33 for 3 to fly cause we had to pay for taxes.
But with DL closing, WDW will soon follow suit, I am now worried more than ever how long this will last.
My DP’s nervousness is starting to creep to me. I am forcing myself to stay level headed and wait this out.

We got a great price too! Used our points so it was only $33 for 3 to fly cause we had to pay for taxes.
But with DL closing, WDW will soon follow suit, I am now worried more than ever how long this will last.
My DP’s nervousness is starting to creep to me. I am forcing myself to stay level headed and wait this out.
Me too. This wasn't really bothering me but is also starting to get to me. I work in a bank branch and customers are going crazy. A lady today took all the money we gave her..put it on the floor they sprayed it with lysol.

Me too. This wasn't really bothering me but is also starting to get to me. I work in a bank branch and customers are going crazy. A lady today took all the money we gave her..put it on the floor they sprayed it with lysol.

Im picturing this and not sure if I should laugh or cry...

Thankfully August is still months away. We are also emotionally being more cautious and weary about this trip and told the kids we still have to wait and see what happens. I really feel for those with spring break trips and April trips coming up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter