*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Though there are a LOT of unknowns with this August, the last couple of years, I have had GREAT luck getting day of FP's for groups of 2 to 4, including quite a few FoP for 2 of us day of, NRJ a few times for 3, a couple of times for 4, and a couple of times 2 groups of 2 for overlapping times. We had similar luck in MK, and Epcot.

Hopefully we'll have similar luck since there are only 2 of us!

I just finally rebooked credits I had to fly down mid-August - I'm feeling very much the same way as you about this trip.
We're still in the very early planning stages. (but I already have the ponchos in the Disney backpack so I don't' forget them. We needed them last summer! lol)

Storybook is so fun! I'm sure one will pop up (I stalked last summer for August and we got a few options in the few months leading up - but I got sick and missed it! Fam had a blast). DH gave me a January "do-over" and we had so much fun....since that trip was only 3 months out - lots of stalking and Touring Plans. TP came through every time.
Have fun planning! :). Hope things are very different by summer!

I’ve got my ponchos ready to go too!!! :)

Good to hear that the reservation finder worked for you! Stalking is kind of fun too.
I’m praying things will improve before summer and life will return to some normalcy. So many labs are working 7 days a week right now on treatments and vaccines. Hoping something comes into fruition to save lives.

I am not sure if August will happen but I'm trying to stay positive and still planning with fingers crossed. Some days I feel like it will happen and other days I think there is no absolutely no way this is going forward.

That's how I feel too. It's tough because I want to talk about it and get excited with my kids but I don't want to get them too excited incase it doesn't happen.

No, I'm not familiar with it. What's the refresh method?
This is a way of getting 4th + FP day of, at a relatively close time, that seems to work almost like magic.

You start by searching for the FP you want in the app. When you find it, basically for any time, no matter how late in the day, you take it. Once you have it, you go to that FP, and try to modify the time, then you just keep on tapping on time slots closer to the current time than the FP you currently have, until a better time pops up, which you then take, and then repeat the process. It is amazing how often you can wind up getting FP even for very popular rides like FoP, within say half an hour or 45 minutes of the current time. It is even more amazing that often enough, you can score FP like that for 15 minutes from the current time, and sometimes even closer to the current time than that.

It does require some persistence to make it work. Having 2, or even 3 people searching at the same time can help, and keeping at it, even when nothing is showing up is a big key. Often, as soon as we tap into our last FP, we will start searching for the next one, even while still walking through the queue for the current ride. Many times, between the tapstyle, and the loading area, I have already managed to line up the next FP.

This is a way of getting 4th + FP day of, at a relatively close time, that seems to work almost like magic.

You start by searching for the FP you want in the app. When you find it, basically for any time, no matter how late in the day, you take it. Once you have it, you go to that FP, and try to modify the time, then you just keep on tapping on time slots closer to the current time than the FP you currently have, until a better time pops up, which you then take, and then repeat the process. It is amazing how often you can wind up getting FP even for very popular rides like FoP, within say half an hour or 45 minutes of the current time. It is even more amazing that often enough, you can score FP like that for 15 minutes from the current time, and sometimes even closer to the current time than that.

It does require some persistence to make it work. Having 2, or even 3 people searching at the same time can help, and keeping at it, even when nothing is showing up is a big key. Often, as soon as we tap into our last FP, we will start searching for the next one, even while still walking through the queue for the current ride. Many times, between the tapstyle, and the loading area, I have already managed to line up the next FP.

Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely try this.

We're headed to the dark side only for our next trip, but hoping to be able to sit quietly in the corner in this group. I'll share my cookies! :teeth:

We have rescheduled our was-in-May Universal trip to August 12-17. Staying off site. Crossing our fingers and toes that the park reopens! We want to squeeze in one more trip before our APs expire in September! :sunny:

Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely try this.

Yes, for sure, do keep this in mind. My son and I were able to ride FoP five or six times over two days in AK last summer this way, plus more trips through NRJ for the wife, son and I than I can count. In addition, we rode Kali, did the safari twice, once in the morning, and once in the evening, saw FotLK, had time for conservation station, saw Rivers of Light, saw the bird show (sad what they have done to that) and had time for table service meals both days.

We're headed to the dark side only for our next trip, but hoping to be able to sit quietly in the corner in this group. I'll share my cookies! :teeth:

We have rescheduled our was-in-May Universal trip to August 12-17. Staying off site. Crossing our fingers and toes that the park reopens! We want to squeeze in one more trip before our APs expire in September! :sunny:

You are more than welcome to be a part of this group, either just to watch, or to be an active participant. We also have a facebook group, which admittedly is a little bit quiet right now, but is usually a flurry of activity, and you are more than welcome to join that as well if you'd like.

Hi all..happy to be back in this group from last year. We were originally planning on July 9-15 but with everything going on have moved our trip to August 22nd-28th. Hoping an extra 6 weeks would make this trip more likely to happen. Luckily I was able to move our FD BB, just couldn't get the same hotel so we will be staying at Riviera. Fingers crossed with all of you that life is back to normal or close to it soon!

Ok so I bought our tickets for our trip in August! In 1 month the cost of the flights went down $600! I'm glad I just held onto the credit and didn't make the purchase back in March for August!

Y’all, I am waffling between being excited for this trip and convinced it won’t be happening. Anyone feeling the same? I’m afraid to even start getting excited for my countdown!
Yup! For sure. We booked one ADR for August and I tried to book additional ones yesterday and just couldn't get my act together (unusual for me!). I was in "it's not going to happen" mode. I still need to decide where we're staying for the 2nd half of our August week (it might not be Disney, it depends on DH's schedule).

(I also want to rebook trip to see DS in another state where DD and I were supposed to be this week. I was looking at late June, that feels iffy and now July, but I didn't rebook the flights yet.)

Y’all, I am waffling between being excited for this trip and convinced it won’t be happening. Anyone feeling the same? I’m afraid to even start getting excited for my countdown!
While I am nervous about it. I feel good that when we arrive August 31st all will be a "go". 3 weeks left in April (that's already 7 weeks of "social distancing"), all of May, June, and July. The economy has to get going or the mess we will be left with will be just as devastating as this pandemic (for other reasons obviously). My only concern is will Disney be open in phases and what will those phases look like. I will however, be shocked if Disney is not open by mid June to July 1.

We just canceled our May trip (with every ADR and FP in perfect place!) and now I am trying to put together a trip within 150 days. I am a planner, so I have our ADRs at 180 days. I had no idea how hard it was to get Storybook outside of 180 days, so now I am stalking! Also, we're from MN, so a little scared about the heat in August! 🥵 Either way, we feel blessed we can still go, and we will take any bit of Disney that we can. (crossing fingers) After the uncertainty we had with our May trip, Disney has to be open in August. May not be the same Disney for a while, but any bit of Disney is a good thing!

Right there with you. Some days I'm like "nope, why even bother thinking about this trip, no way it will happen" and other days "Uh yeah, I cannot WAIT for this trip! LOL"

We just canceled our May trip (with every ADR and FP in perfect place!) and now I am trying to put together a trip within 150 days. I am a planner, so I have our ADRs at 180 days. I had no idea how hard it was to get Storybook outside of 180 days, so now I am stalking! Also, we're from MN, so a little scared about the heat in August! 🥵 Either way, we feel blessed we can still go, and we will take any bit of Disney that we can. (crossing fingers) After the uncertainty we had with our May trip, Disney has to be open in August. May not be the same Disney for a while, but any bit of Disney is a good thing!
Keep checking for Storybook. I planned well after 180 days and eventually was able to get it. Set up a Touring Plans ADR alert (you can set 2 for free). Worked every time!

We went last August for the 1st time and are going again this year for a few days. I recommend bringing ponchos, it rained every day for at least a little bit in the afternoon (and flip-flops or crocs don't hurt :) ). We are going for a few days this August and I've already got my ponchos packed so I don't forget them LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter