*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Keep checking for Storybook. I planned well after 180 days and eventually was able to get it. Set up a Touring Plans ADR alert (you can set 2 for free). Worked every time!

We went last August for the 1st time and are going again this year for a few days. I recommend bringing ponchos, it rained every day for at least a little bit in the afternoon (and flip-flops or crocs don't hurt :) ). We are going for a few days this August and I've already got my ponchos packed so I don't forget them LOL
Touring plans alert? What? Where?

Keep checking for Storybook. I planned well after 180 days and eventually was able to get it. Set up a Touring Plans ADR alert (you can set 2 for free). Worked every time!

We went last August for the 1st time and are going again this year for a few days. I recommend bringing ponchos, it rained every day for at least a little bit in the afternoon (and flip-flops or crocs don't hurt :) ). We are going for a few days this August and I've already got my ponchos packed so I don't forget them LOL

Thanks for the tips. Added ponchos to the list, and crocs are a must have for my family. A little rain should help the heat, right?

And you are so right about Touring plans! While writing this, I got an alert, and just scored an ADR for Story Book! My family thought I was nuts doing happy dances all around the house! Canceling our big family trip for May was heartbreaking, but the ADR was a nice bit of good news! Thank you, Touring Plans!

Thanks for the tips. Added ponchos to the list, and crocs are a must have for my family. A little rain should help the heat, right?

And you are so right about Touring plans! While writing this, I got an alert, and just scored an ADR for Story Book! My family thought I was nuts doing happy dances all around the house! Canceling our big family trip for May was heartbreaking, but the ADR was a nice bit of good news! Thank you, Touring Plans!
Awesome!!
Storybook is so much fun. So happy you got it so quickly!

Touring plans alert? What? Where?
Yes! Go to the Touring plans site, and you can set up a free membership, and create 2 alerts for ADRs you are looking for. They will text and email you when an opening comes up. Worked for me today. I have been looking for a week and a half.

Yes! Go to the Touring plans site, and you can set up a free membership, and create 2 alerts for ADRs you are looking for. They will text and email you when an opening comes up. Worked for me today. I have been looking for a week and a half.
Thanks!!! Also holding out hope Space 220 is open

I only see the 15.95 membership

Thank you! Super excited. It is my "Must do" for this trip. I have heard nothing but good things, and I feel like I won the lottery!
Storybook was top of my list too! Great atmosphere, food, and characters.
Fingers crossed for Space 220, I've read conflicting stuff on its opening.

@Jroceagles try this link: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join/basic

You both are giving me excitement for August! Thank you :)
I'm dragging my feet canceling the rest of my May trip (this one is getting moved to November).

Storybook was top of my list too! Great atmosphere, food, and characters.

Fingers crossed for Space 220, I've read conflicting stuff on its opening.

@Jroceagles try this link: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join/basic

You both are giving me excitement for August! Thank you :)
I'm dragging my feet canceling the rest of my May trip (this one is getting moved to November).
Same here! This trip will be different for us, but starting to get excited now. November would be awesome. I have never seen Disney at Christmas yet.
Omigosh, yes! I have been watching out for that one too. That is another grail!

That’s awesome!

I’m waiting for my alert for Storybook Dining to come through. Continuing to cross my fingers on that one!

I go from being so excited for my trip August 16, than having the feeling it's not going to happen. Trying to stay optimistic! Anyone else feel the same way?
Everyday I think about doing a little planning and then it hits me why bother it’s probably not gonna be happening ☹️

I go from being so excited for my trip August 16, than having the feeling it's not going to happen. Trying to stay optimistic! Anyone else feel the same way?
Everyday I think about doing a little planning and then it hits me why bother it’s probably not gonna be happening ☹
I've had these feeling as well. I'm starting to get a little better with each day and hearing some good news about it slowing and peaking earlier than expected.

I have stopped my planning though just in case it won’t happen. I’m hopeful we should know more by May so once we know more I will start planning again :) it does seem to change so quickly day to day

I have already had one trip canceled (May 2-9), so I guess it can't be any worse than that! With everything that's going on, planning another trip for August helps to keep me feeling positive and hopeful. Every little bit of good news becomes great news, because it is one step closer. Just heard WDW is looking for Cultural representatives for Germany and Norway in Epcot, for starting in August. It doesn't mean they will for sure be open, but it gives me hope!

I have already had one trip canceled (May 2-9), so I guess it can't be any worse than that! With everything that's going on, planning another trip for August helps to keep me feeling positive and hopeful. Every little bit of good news becomes great news, because it is one step closer. Just heard WDW is looking for Cultural representatives for Germany and Norway in Epcot, for starting in August. It doesn't mean they will for sure be open, but it gives me hope!
Still sticking with my Mid June to early July full opening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter