***Official September 2020 Thread***

For anyone interested, I thought I'd share this. I own a little stock in Disney, so I keep track of their financial news. The experts are expecting "widespread closures" to last through the end of June. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be negative Nellie, but I can't help but wonder what that will do to our September visits. Shanghai Disney closed January 25th. Almost 6 weeks later they opened some shopping, dining, and "leisure activities". Almost 4 weeks later they haven't announced an official opening date.

Disney closed the parks on March 12th. March 27th they announced they will remain closed "indefinitely". The earliest resort reservation that can be made right now is June 1st.

Somebody convince me why I should remain optimistic.

Morgan Stanley trims Disney target on outbreak hit
Apr. 1, 2020 10:56 AM ET|About: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

• Morgan Stanley has cut the price target on a Walt Disney company (DIS -1%) that's caught in the "crosshairs" of a recession and global pandemic.

• Widespread closures expected through the end of June will hit a variety of the company's businesses, analyst Benjamin Swinburne writes: parks and resorts, retail stores, global movie theaters, and live sports broadcasts.

• He's still overweight on the stock, and sees an "entry point worth the risk" in the company's recent decline (down 30% from November).
But he's cutting his price target to $130 from $170 (currently implying 36% upside).
We have no idea what kind of treatments, cures, or drugs that eliminate contagiousness might be discovered between now and September. It’s a long time from now, and every pharma company and research institution in the world is devoting overdrive level resources to it.

If nothing changes than likely nothing will change, as your Shanghai example shows. Our hope is that something changes.

For anyone interested, I thought I'd share this. I own a little stock in Disney, so I keep track of their financial news. The experts are expecting "widespread closures" to last through the end of June. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be negative Nellie, but I can't help but wonder what that will do to our September visits. Shanghai Disney closed January 25th. Almost 6 weeks later they opened some shopping, dining, and "leisure activities". Almost 4 weeks later they haven't announced an official opening date.

Disney closed the parks on March 12th. March 27th they announced they will remain closed "indefinitely". The earliest resort reservation that can be made right now is June 1st.

Somebody convince me why I should remain optimistic.

Morgan Stanley trims Disney target on outbreak hit
Apr. 1, 2020 10:56 AM ET|About: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

• Morgan Stanley has cut the price target on a Walt Disney company (DIS -1%) that's caught in the "crosshairs" of a recession and global pandemic.

• Widespread closures expected through the end of June will hit a variety of the company's businesses, analyst Benjamin Swinburne writes: parks and resorts, retail stores, global movie theaters, and live sports broadcasts.

• He's still overweight on the stock, and sees an "entry point worth the risk" in the company's recent decline (down 30% from November).
But he's cutting his price target to $130 from $170 (currently implying 36% upside).
Even though my flights and dining are booked, I’m still reserving the right to cancel. I really don’t want to. it will be hard to play this waiting game along with all the other things going on in day to day life. Keep the faith! We will wait it out together!

Just went into MDE and the VAH tickets have reappeared in my tickets. When they took them out and said they were all cancelled I decided at that point I would move the trip to Sept. I still believe they will be closed and the events will be cancelled, the resorts and DS may reopen but I don’t think the parks will during the majority of May. But who knows, I hope our country is on the mend but I don’t think we are there yet,

We have no idea what kind of treatments, cures, or drugs that eliminate contagiousness might be discovered between now and September. It’s a long time from now, and every pharma company and research institution in the world is devoting overdrive level resources to it.

If nothing changes than likely nothing will change, as your Shanghai example shows. Our hope is that something changes.
Or herd immunity...

My friend and I decided to extend the September trip and tack on 4 days at Universal Studios with two nights at their Horror nights! Hope all happens. We were able to change airfare with no extra cost!

Good for you! Who are you flying with, if I may ask? I'm with American Airlines. I'm afraid they're going to be jerks about it if/when I try to change it.

I also rescheduled for September. I was booked for May 17th through 23 but switched to Sept. 6-12 at ASMo. Everything actually went smoothly, got Free Dining, and Delta and Southwest were both no problems to reschedule! Now I just hope this horrible virus goes away and there are no hurricanes in Sept!

Good for you! Who are you flying with, if I may ask? I'm with American Airlines. I'm afraid they're going to be jerks about it if/when I try to change it.

When is your flight date? I was supposed to have a flight this week but obviously had to reschedule. They're giving a credit for any flights that are currently scheduled before, I want to say, May 31st and you can use that credit until a year after your book date. We booked Nov 1 for these flights, so I have until Nov 1 2020 to use the credit.

I'd imagine they'll have to extend the May 31st date (or whatever it was) if all of these lock downs and whatnot continue.

I am with Southwest Airlines, thank goodness, as I have American Airlines for a conference that has been canceled and for my trip to Disneyland in June. American has not been as easy to deal with, I waited 6 hours for them to call me back and informed if I have to change again the transfer fee will not be waived! So am hoping one leg at least of my upcoming flights gets canceled and then I will be able to obtain a refund.

When is your flight date? I was supposed to have a flight this week but obviously had to reschedule. They're giving a credit for any flights that are currently scheduled before, I want to say, May 31st and you can use that credit until a year after your book date. We booked Nov 1 for these flights, so I have until Nov 1 2020 to use the credit.

I'd imagine they'll have to extend the May 31st date (or whatever it was) if all of these lock downs and whatnot continue.

My flight isn't until the end of September.

I’d like to add that I am joining September! I was originally scheduled for May 3rd-9th, then June 14th-20th and I just canceled that trip and moved us to September 27th-October 4th! Four adults staying at Ft wilderness cabins! Third times a charm. I’m hopeful that things will be much better around this time of year!!

Last edited:
We were supposed to be at POR starting next weekend. We're now rescheduled in September.
If the parks open all the way up before mid June, we'll pull our trip back in.
I'm willing to deal with crowds or searing heat, but I don't want to deal with both.

We need a vacation after all this and pray that our September trip will be a 'go'!! Sept 7-12 at BWV. Flights with points on SW so no worries about cancelling if we have to. I know it'll be different even if we do get to go. We need to get our lives back and stop living in fear. I totally get the distance, masks, and lots of hand washing without touching our faces. It'll be a new normal for sure for a long while!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter