OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
Hi guys.

Thank you for all of the advice, every one of you. Fever holding steady at 100.3 still, which is a good thing. I couldn't manage a shower this morning, so I've just read the opinions here and I guess I will try a tepid water shower after dinner. We have a plastic step stool that I could sit on. I think I'll feel better if I'm clean. My hair is so greasy I could fry chicken. I don't know if it's wishful thinking or what, but I don't think I'm coughing as badly as I was even yesterday...of course, we had some rain a few days ago and now all of a sudden everything outside is green and my allergies are acting up, just what I needed. But no, I won't complain anymore because I made it through another day when over a thousand didn't.

There was no steak to be had at the little supermarket near our house, but we got some beef stewing cubes so my Aunt is making a big pot of beef stew for dinner, and I'll have a little bit. We *do* have apples and grapes in the house, but no citrus besides a few lemons. I love lemons, and usually eat them like other people eat oranges, but I think right now it would be too sour on my stomach. So an apple it is. I woke up today to FINALLY smell coffee being made downstairs and I almost cried. But ugh, couldn't face the thought of actually drinking a cup.

Learned today that the uncle of a friend died, and 4 of his children are in the hospital, some in ICU, and others not.
Met them all at my friend's wedding initially but do not "know" them all well. Her uncle was a member of the wedding party as was the man so I remember him distinctly. He used to take us fishing on L.I. One of his children was generous with her recipes and gave me a few.

ETA: the family lives in Flushing, and within Long Island in the county closest to NYC, Nassau.

Last edited:
Just learned that my friend’s mom (late 60s) tested positive (on Long Island). She has been sick for 3 weeks and finally got tested a week ago. She is recovering at home and has been told to come to the hospital only if she has trouble breathing. She has good days and bad days, has had fever the whole time, and is very weak.

Last edited:
Ok...I have a question.....my daughter's friend was sick for over 10 days and was finally tested a few days ago. Results took 72 hours. She works in NYC and was pretty sure she had it but results came back negative. But, by the time she was finally tested (appt took many days) she was feeling so much better...so, question is how long does the virus show up as positive in your body? Could the official numbers be off because by the time they got tested it wasn't showing up in their system anymore?

I also wish there was antibody test that anyone could take. I think it would go a long way in being able to track asymptomatic people (who could be spreading it) and people who had mild symptoms and just give a better overall understanding of the virus.

MJ

I also wish there was antibody test that anyone could take. I think it would go a long way in being able to track asymptomatic people (who could be spreading it) and people who had mild symptoms and just give a better overall understanding of the virus.

MJ
Supposedly, a poct for antibodies will be available this month.

My college roommate's brother just tested positive. In his 30's, works for an airline out of JFK, lives in Queens. He has been told to stay home and self quarantine. A different college roommate was just graduated from nursing school early and is being rushed to the front lines in an NYC hospital. We are also very worried for an uncle, aunt, and cousin who live just outside of NYC. A respiratory therapist, nurse, and NYC MTA cop respectively.

My college roommate's brother just tested positive. In his 30's, works for an airline out of JFK, lives in Queens. He has been told to stay home and self quarantine. A different college roommate was just graduated from nursing school early and is being rushed to the front lines in an NYC hospital. We are also very worried for an uncle, aunt, and cousin who live just outside of NYC. A respiratory therapist, nurse, and NYC MTA cop respectively.
:hug:

Ok...I have a question.....my daughter's friend was sick for over 10 days and was finally tested a few days ago. Results took 72 hours. She works in NYC and was pretty sure she had it but results came back negative. But, by the time she was finally tested (appt took many days) she was feeling so much better...so, question is how long does the virus show up as positive in your body? Could the official numbers be off because by the time they got tested it wasn't showing up in their system anymore?

MJ
False test results sometimes occur

Well my friend who works for a hospital in New Orleans is now 8 days past her first symptoms. Has not had fever in 4 days. Only symptom besides the fever was loss of taste and smell. She still has not gotten them back! But overall she was very lucky.

Just wanted to share a positive recovery story.

A friend of mine who had it (one of the earlier cases in Los Angeles), and his wife completely lost all sense of taste/smell. He was basically symptom free about 10-12 days ago, and said he is *just* starting to get a little sense of smell back, but it is still very muted (and he said he still cant taste a darn thing, including his beloved morning cup of coffee). His doctor said that with other respiratory illnesses that affect taste/smell like this, it can take a good 8-12 weeks for those senses to fully recover. So it might be a bit, but it should come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter