OMG! Received a beneficiary letter!

It's been a while since I have been on the neighbors thread, so some details may be left out. A poster's across the street neighbor was having some weird situations going on. The neighbor's husband and two sons would stop their van in front of the house, get out and put a white bag on the window sill every day. The poster was wondering what was in the bag and why they were doing it. She was having a Lupus flare-up so she was watching out her window several times throughout the day. One time, the police showed up and talked to the weird neighbors but then left. We were all trying to figure out if they had somebody kidnapped and locked in the basement and were feeding them through the window. The last time she posted, I believe that she was going to try and get a closer look at the bag. Then we never heard from her again. Hope that she is ok and nothing bad happened. I'm sure I have left out a lot of details so if anybody knows more, please post.
Where can I find this post? Sounds interesting...

Yet another lurker heard from... popcorn::

Congratulations! It sounds as if you have a good mix of "responsible" and "fun" planned. :thumbsup2

I especially liked when somebody mentioned that, because of the new roof, your Aunt would be looking over your family for some time. Too cool. :goodvibes

Congratulations! What a wonderful gift!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I was off, and I'm glad-- I lowballed it at 4000 something. Have fun and stay dry with your new roof!

FANTASTIC! I was thinking about you last night. Seems insurance company and government checks come on Fridays.

Have a ball with the money. Don't spend it all on the roof, thats boring. Have some fun with it.

I'm very happy for you (I'm grinning now if you can see it ;) )

YEAH!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us...this has been a fun thread to follow!

And...I love the term "kumquat head"!

Congratulations! What an amazing surprise and thoughtful gift. I say take some of the $$ and treat yourselves to a nice weekend trip. Put some in an account for the kids college funds and then take a trip to WDW with the rest!

Congrats!

For what its worth, I vote for pay and play - pay for the roof and play at WDW :thumbsup2

Well, we are getting the roof, but now "what to do with the balance.... hmmm:idea: ..leaning towards the trip, I think! BTW, "kumquat head" is actually my term of endearment for him ;) He's a hoot! Both girls finished college already (thank goodness), and we only had to pay for 1. My youngest received a full athletic scholarship at YSU for volleyball so I only had to give her a little spending money when she was there, and that was pretty much nothing! They took care of her for everything! So I don't need to put away for college for them. I guess I'll be looking at some pricing for the trip and see how much it would run. This is going to be soooo much fun! :banana:

Congrats on the GREAT payout. I wish ours had been that good.

Have fun planning a trip, too.

Well, we are getting the roof, but now "what to do with the balance.... hmmm:idea: ..leaning towards the trip, I think! BTW, "kumquat head" is actually my term of endearment for him ;) He's a hoot! Both girls finished college already (thank goodness), and we only had to pay for 1. My youngest received a full athletic scholarship at YSU for volleyball so I only had to give her a little spending money when she was there, and that was pretty much nothing! They took care of her for everything! So I don't need to put away for college for them. I guess I'll be looking at some pricing for the trip and see how much it would run. This is going to be soooo much fun! :banana:

Since you make yearly trips to WDW -have you ever thought or taken a DVC tour? You should look into it. Perhpas the balance can be used for a nice down payment. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter