OMG! Received a beneficiary letter!

Or Skip DVC and just do several small trips to spread the Fun out over a year!! My choice. If I did DVC I'd be in more financial trouble with my budget than Wall Street is having and I won't even get a $70.00 bail out! :lmao:

So small trips is my pick.

Yes we DID take yearly trips until both girls decided to get married within a 10 month period. :scared1: Both were going to have small weddings for say 35-50 'close' friends. Both ended up being 250 people! :eek: So my 2 darlings pretty much depleted our vacation funds.. :sad2: We haven't been back since March of 07 and didn't think we would get to go back until maybe 2009 sometime if even then. We got a great pin code for $68.00 per person for room, tickets and free dining that we didn't think we could use, but maybe......:idea: If the airfare would cooperate....

;) I read the whole this, I am so happy for you all, congrats. Love money that comes from no where. Do you have to claim the money for income tax and pay taxes on it? :cool1:

THEY CAME!!!!!! :banana: First of all, I want to let you guys know how much fun this was to share this with all of you! You are such wonderful people! :goodvibes So many good wishes and thoughts that we were overwhelmed! But the time has finally come to give you all and us, closure.

Here goes....Two envelopes arrived today. One was a letter that explained to us about the policy and had a check in the amount of $2629.38 with it! Yes, we were excited! :cheer2: However, there was only one policy listed on this letter. :confused3 The first letter that DH received stating that he was the beneficiary, said 2 policies. So of course I called... ;) and the lady I spoke to said "no, you should have received TWO letters today". Of course DH was so excited to see the first letter, he didn't check to see if there was ANOTHER ONE in the pile! What a kumquat head! :lmao: So we both glanced down at the stack of election literature and started going through it. (could have been a slapstick comedy!) Yep! There was the second letter! This one had the second policy # on it and another check in the amount of $6728.78!! :cool1:

So there it is! Whoever guess $9,358.16 is the winner!!!! :dance3: AND there we have the roof!!!!! I'm wondering if we can swing maybe a nice down payment on a trip...we really should do something for ourselves as a 'special treat', don't you all think? I'm also thinking Dear Auntie made a nice "deal" for 2 $500.00 policies! Who'd have thunk??? Never in a million years would we have expected anything from her at this time. We are still shocked that he was the beneficiary on it. He was only 1 when she took those 2 policies out!

Thanks everyone for having such a good time with us!!! You're the best! :thumbsup2

How nice for your family...... best of luck in deciding what to do with your surprise!!!!:woohoo:

Lailah, so happy for you!!!

Go for that little getaway with the Free Dining. Keep watching the airfare rates I bet you can get a decent price. When your there you can raise a glass to your hubby's dear Aunt and thank your lucky stars. It sounds like it is meant to be.

So glad to hear your wonderful news.:tinker:
Like a little blessing from heaven. I agree with others that you get something you need and have some fun. You'll always remember "Auntie got us a great roof" to keep us warm and "a special trip to warm our hearts.":lovestruc

Enjoy!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Yes we DID take yearly trips until both girls decided to get married within a 10 month period. :scared1: Both were going to have small weddings for say 35-50 'close' friends. Both ended up being 250 people! :eek: So my 2 darlings pretty much depleted our vacation funds.. :sad2: We haven't been back since March of 07 and didn't think we would get to go back until maybe 2009 sometime if even then. We got a great pin code for $68.00 per person for room, tickets and free dining that we didn't think we could use, but maybe......:idea: If the airfare would cooperate....

Lailah, I know a lot of people don't like to do it and it's only nothing to me because as a military family we've been doing it all our lives but.......what about driving? We drove from Johnson City Tennessee to Disney with a 4 year old and 11 year old and had a great time! We stayed over night in a nice hotel on the beach on Tybee Island Georgia then carried on driving the next day.

I don't know where you're at in Ohio but Columbus to Orlando is about a 13 hour drive. You could drive 8 hours the first day (maybe 9-5?), stop at a hotel for the evening/night, get up and have breakfast at the hotel, get on the road around 10ish, and arrive in Orlando around 3ish, check in to hotel, rest, eat dinner, hang out by the pool, start the parks the next day.

Anyway, I know it's not for everyone especially if you're not used to it but I just thought I would mention it since we've always driven and had a good time. I sure hope you're able to go, it sounds like ya'll could use a nice get away. Congrats again! :cheer2:

THEY CAME!!!!!! :banana: First of all, I want to let you guys know how much fun this was to share this with all of you! You are such wonderful people! :goodvibes So many good wishes and thoughts that we were overwhelmed! But the time has finally come to give you all and us, closure.

Here goes....Two envelopes arrived today. One was a letter that explained to us about the policy and had a check in the amount of $2629.38 with it! Yes, we were excited! :cheer2: However, there was only one policy listed on this letter. :confused3 The first letter that DH received stating that he was the beneficiary, said 2 policies. So of course I called... ;) and the lady I spoke to said "no, you should have received TWO letters today". Of course DH was so excited to see the first letter, he didn't check to see if there was ANOTHER ONE in the pile! What a kumquat head! :lmao: So we both glanced down at the stack of election literature and started going through it. (could have been a slapstick comedy!) Yep! There was the second letter! This one had the second policy # on it and another check in the amount of $6728.78!! :cool1:

So there it is! Whoever guess $9,358.16 is the winner!!!! :dance3: AND there we have the roof!!!!! I'm wondering if we can swing maybe a nice down payment on a trip...we really should do something for ourselves as a 'special treat', don't you all think? I'm also thinking Dear Auntie made a nice "deal" for 2 $500.00 policies! Who'd have thunk??? Never in a million years would we have expected anything from her at this time. We are still shocked that he was the beneficiary on it. He was only 1 when she took those 2 policies out!

Thanks everyone for having such a good time with us!!! You're the best! :thumbsup2

WOW! I have been a lurker and came across your WONDERFUL NEWS today, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!

OP congrats...If I could suggest to make sure your DH Aunt's cemetry plot is being cared for, or perhaps have flowers placed on her church's altar for her birthday might be a nice tribute to her. The roof and a deposit for a trip should be nice too.

Yeahooooo! I think you should definately try to squeeze a trip in with this bonus! Congrats!

That's a fantastic windfall. And while we never want to celebrate the death of a loved one, it's nice to know that she really cared for your husband and that she was able to leave him something to show her real feelings.

Enjoy it!!

Wow what great news. I would try and take a trip and enjoy some of the money from your Aunt. Also if she is buried by where you live, take a bouquet of flowers to her as a "thank you".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter