One and done?

Oh, so many. Coral Reef - cool atmosphere, but only okay food and a menu that doesn't wow. San Angel - same thing, cool atmosphere, disappointing menu, okay food, VERY cramped. CRT - rushed and totally overhyped. I'd only do Chef Mickey again if traveling with first-timers, and nothing could get me to do Crystal Palace again. And Spirit of Aloha - worth seeing once for the show, but nothing about it was good enough to justify a repeat visit.

Cape May for dinner...just kept thinking I could have eaten at Red Lobster instead. (I enjoyed breakfast there, though)

50s PT. I like the ambiance. The food was okay...really expecting it to be massive portions and the most delicious milkshake ever. It was all just adequate. The server didn't really do any schtick with us.

Coral Reef. The food just wasn't that good. I could see the fish by going in the aquarium side.

CRT. I *might* do it again if my daughter is really into princesses still next time we go back or something, but it was tiny portions and bad service.

Chef Mickey-I *might* do again, but would prefer another Mickey meal

Be our guest dinner was very underwhelming. i know it's very popular but one and done for us. service was great and food came out quick but not worth what we paid. 30 min wait to meet the beast put the nail in the coffin. on the other hand, we LOVE BOG lunch.

We had a fine dinner there, but since we can see the castle at quick service lunch, I doubt we'd pay those prices just to meet the Beast again

Be our guest dinner was very underwhelming. i know it's very popular but one and done for us. service was great and food came out quick but not worth what we paid. 30 min wait to meet the beast put the nail in the coffin. on the other hand, we LOVE BOG lunch.

I agree with this totally. It felt like we were on a dining assembly line and the food was clearly mass produced. I feel the problem is they made the place too big.

Does anyone have a place that they just always wanted to try (Disney Must Do) and when they did they realized..."Ok ....this isn't all that great....never have to come back again? Just got back from from WDW last week and we finally tried Hoop Dee Do. I'm gonna get a LOT of flack...but that's my one and done! The show was good... but the food and the service were just MEH! We were there for over an hour and 45 minutes....but somehow I still felt rushed....weird. Our waiter was a 60 something guy that couldn't be less enthused to be there....and the 1 little request of grilled chicken for fried chicken for my wife even though not a problem and was brought out before the dessert. The ribs were tough and the chicken was greasy. Beans and corn were over cooked. Cornbread, salad and dessert were very good. And even though the beer and wine is "bottomless" it took an "act of Congress" to get 1 refill. And there is sooooo much food waste....just watching the wait staff dump buckets of uneaten food into bins was really awful. The show was "sappy and kitschy" exactly what was expected....and being a ham I would've love getting picked! Curious what are some other places that ya just had to try that were a "Disney Must"....and you're satisfied with 1 time only!!!
Agree. HDDR is a one and done for me. We enjoyed it and thought the show was entertaining, but the food was just ok. CRT and BOG dinner perhaps as well. My daughters loved BOG dinner, but I liked lunch better.

Last edited:
Chef Mickey's and Hollywood and Vine really underwhelmed me.

I was very happy with Coral Reef, however.

Le Cellier- I thought it was over crowded, rushed, and mediocre food.
Whispering Canyon Cafe- Just a waste of time and money. My family truely disliked the entire experience
Cape May- It was okay. We were impressed with the service, and the Chef was outstanding with my DGD, but I am from New England. Honestly, I should have known better than to book it, we never like seafood buffet.

I agree with this totally. It felt like we were on a dining assembly line and the food was clearly mass produced. I feel the problem is they made the place too big.

I agree! The food was like cafeteria food.. sooo salty and tough. We also experienced a 30-40 minute wait to meet the Beast, which is ridiculous IMHO. By the time you eat and meet the Beast you are looking at 2 and a half hours. Was not worth the time or money.

Via Napoli, which might get me kicked off the boards, lol - i know it's popular, but our pizza was ridiculously soggy and service wasn't good at all. Trying to get a refill was like asking someone to give up a kidney. They did surprise my husband and kids with a special dessert and song at the end, which was nice, but why was the rest of the meal such a chore??

Also Rose and Crown. We did it for our Candlelight Processional Pkg last December (my kids and DH picked), and it was fine, but only fine. The dessert was my favorite part, but not worth going for alone.

For those of you who didn't enjoy Whispering Canyon, try it for breakfast - it's their best meal in my opinion, and much less crazy and noisy.

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Paradiso 37

I'm actually in no hurry to go back to Yachtsman Steakhouse either. It wasn't because of the food or service, both of which were just fine, but rather because I had a terrible personal experience there. I just don't have fond memories of it.

Paddlefish. Loudest restaurant I have ever been in. Food was decent. Service mediocre. We had to argue with our server to get my daughters entree free when it was delivered after everyone else was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter