One and done?

Garden Grill breakfast. I was so very much looking forward to this meal. I waited too late one year getting an ADR, so I was determined last year to go. The ADRs for our week of vacation were released much later than other restaurants, but I checked DAILY for them to open. So disappointed in both the lackluster character experience (due in large part to the long booths for larger and narrow aisles with servers rushing by with the family platters) and just not very good food (dry dry dry...did I mention they were dry?...eggs and greasy weird tasting sausage). I could have handled it if the characters were just ok but the food was amazing, and vice versa, but when both were not very good, it became a one and done for us.

Tutto Italia. Lunch on a busy Saturday. I should have known it was going to be meh when a large party of us walked up and were seated immediately without an ADR. I liked the food better at Tony's, actually. And the service was indifferent. It wasn't as disappointing as GG, but we aren't rushing to go back soon. There are too many other places in Epcot that we adore.

I was underwhelmed with Tusker House lunch, but I'll go back probably. Same with The Wave's breakfast buffet. Both were decent, but there are other buffets and breakfast places I'd rather go to first.

We are debating between WCC (especially if we end up staying at WL), Diamond Horseshoe, and possibly Trails End for our trip. WCC gets the best reviews, but we don't want to partake in the antics either. I know people say that's the fun, but it's not our cup of tea. I've read some reviews say they have a coaster for red and green, and others haven't been offered them. We really just want to go for the food. Diamond Horseshoe would be convenient, but a lot of the trip advisor reviews aren't too good.
We didn't have anything too bad to say about it, it jut wasn't our 'cup of tea'. Its alot of meat, and i mean alot! We are not big eaters so don't get our money's worth at AYCTE places either so we won't be back, I'm afraid. Don't let my comments put you off as one man's trash is another man's treasure as they say.

My biggest one and done in WDW was Alfredos. It used to be in the Italy pavilion in Epcot. Who would have thought the Fettuccine Alfredo at a restaurant called Alfredos would be bland. And Bland is the only word to describe this stuff. It tasted like I would expect undercooked pasta covered with paste. Turned me off to both Fettuccine Alfredo AND the Italian pavilion for YEARS.

I've never understood the hype behind 50's Prime Time. The concept of the restaurant itself is pretty neat, but we can get better "comfort" food here in SC at our local meat-and-threes for 6.99 a plate.

We haven't wanted to go back to Via Napoli or Tutto Italia. Our experiences weren't terrible, but I think I set my expectations too high.

Cape May breakfast is great, but we aren't a fan of the seafood dinner. That smell is just not appetizing to me

Rose and Crown and Biergarten. Just not a fan of the food selections but did like the atmosphere of Biergarten. Also will not go back to Tony's. None of our party of 4 liked our food there.

We didn't have anything too bad to say about it, it jut wasn't our 'cup of tea'. Its alot of meat, and i mean alot! We are not big eaters so don't get our money's worth at AYCTE places either so we won't be back, I'm afraid. Don't let my comments put you off as one man's trash is another man's treasure as they say.

Well we love meat and eating a lot lol. I just worry about the antics more than anything.

Ohana (dinner)
Glad we did it once, but have no desire to return. Too many other options with much better food (IMO).

I'm not even glad that we did it. Way too expensive for mediocre food. The meat all tasted like fuel (from the burners), the noodles were really salty and the potstickers were just ok. The bread pudding was nice, cannot justify that price for only liking the pudding.

1. Ravello character breakfast
2. BOG lunch
3. Tony's Town Square
4. Tutto Italia
5. Paradiso 37
6. Grand Floridian Cafe
7. Trail's End dinner
8. Hoop Dee Doo Revue
9. Mickey's Backyard Barbecue
10 Enchanted Tales with Belle (not a restaurant, but still a one and done)

Via Napoli, which might get me kicked off the boards, lol - i know it's popular, but our pizza was ridiculously soggy and service wasn't good at all. Trying to get a refill was like asking someone to give up a kidney. They did surprise my husband and kids with a special dessert and song at the end, which was nice, but why was the rest of the meal such a chore??

Also Rose and Crown. We did it for our Candlelight Processional Pkg last December (my kids and DH picked), and it was fine, but only fine. The dessert was my favorite part, but not worth going for alone.

For those of you who didn't enjoy Whispering Canyon, try it for breakfast - it's their best meal in my opinion, and much less crazy and noisy.
Soggy pizza?! That's just wrong.
Waiting for our table peeved me massively at Via Napoli (their excuse for our wait was soooo lame and unprofessional) , the ineptness of our server didn't help but the pizza was on target and the meatball and spaghetti one of us ate inspired another to request this restaurant again. Having torn the staff to fine pieces during 2 after visit surveys I feel my job was done and hope our next visit will allow us to have a full dining experience that allows us to concentrate on the good food.

I'm hoping your Rose and Crown experience was an anomaly because I'm "jonesing" for a true fish and chips meal.
What did you have for dessert?

I have a pretty full list if I'm traveling with just my husband but now that we have a grandson I'll probably give some places another chance.
Spirit of Aloha is probably a one and done. Ohana is a skip, we would prefer to go to Texas de Brazil off property. Coral Reef was way too loud, the food not particularly good.

Crystal Palace
I had always wanted to eat there and even had to cancel a reservation on a previous trip due to flight delays. So last trip I finally was able to try it. It was fine, but nothing I need to see or eat again. My kids will have grown out oh Pooh and friends by the next trip ( I think, we’ll see)

CRT. We did it our last trip, pre-park opening. We had a great table, right against a window but the food was just ok, the princess interaction was not nearly as good as some other places and we felt super rushed. We are glad we did it once but never again.

1900 Park fare! The GF was lovely, but we had a 7:15 reservation and were seated sometime around 8 pm, none of which I cared about. The real problem was that it was a buffet with just really normal food, not a lot different from every other buffet at Disney but priced at $50 per person! The characters were good but really for 5 women, that bill was $250.00 without tip. We were on the dining plan so we did just pay the tip but at 20% that is still $50 for a very standard buffet. IMHO I would definitely say I'm glad I did it but for sure it's a one and done for me!

Yep. You're not paying for food but for one of the best character experiences at WDW. Lady Tremaine and her daughters are great - just not for a repeat appearance, imo.

Does anyone have a place that they just always wanted to try (Disney Must Do) and when they did they realized..."Ok ....this isn't all that great....never have to come back again? Just got back from from WDW last week and we finally tried Hoop Dee Do. I'm gonna get a LOT of flack...but that's my one and done! The show was good... but the food and the service were just MEH! We were there for over an hour and 45 minutes....but somehow I still felt rushed....weird. Our waiter was a 60 something guy that couldn't be less enthused to be there....and the 1 little request of grilled chicken for fried chicken for my wife even though not a problem and was brought out before the dessert. The ribs were tough and the chicken was greasy. Beans and corn were over cooked. Cornbread, salad and dessert were very good. And even though the beer and wine is "bottomless" it took an "act of Congress" to get 1 refill. And there is sooooo much food waste....just watching the wait staff dump buckets of uneaten food into bins was really awful. The show was "sappy and kitschy" exactly what was expected....and being a ham I would've love getting picked! Curious what are some other places that ya just had to try that were a "Disney Must"....and you're satisfied with 1 time only!!!

Blasphemy! - ;) :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter