One and done?

Obviously, this is a very popular topics and a fun one. However, given enough time, you'll likely see every restaurant at Disney pop up on here at least once. That aside, here are mine:
Monsieur Paul: Terrible experience, poorly prepared food, subpar service, and all that for a pricey meal
Paddlefish: Awful host/hostessing, MIA server, and food quality that was inconsistent: some good, most bad
Chef Mickey's: For all the reasons people say. . .

Ohana (both breakfast and dinner)
Liberty Tree Tavern
Grand Floridian Cafe
Coral Reef
San Angel and Chefs de France (These were both "twice and done". Had to go back to each a second time to confirm that they really were as bad as I remembered, and yep, they were.)
Luau-(We went loooong before it became the "Spirit of Aloha" show, but nothing they could do to the show would entice me back).
Sci-Fi
Paradiso 37
Cinderella's Royal Table

I must say, I'm surprised at the lack of love for WCC. I guess, being from NY, it's only recently that we have been able to get decent BBQ (I don't consider Famous Dave's to be genuine BBQ), but I can see how the atmosphere can be a turn off. I believe- and correct me if I'm wrong, that your server will ask you when you are seated if you want the full on show?

That being said, I guess that's why I wasn't impressed with Via Napoli. I've had Italian in both NY and Italy, but nothing compares to my Aunts' homemade food. The food at Via Napoli was not terrible, but like many have said, not impressive by any means IMHO. That, and $42 for a large pie. Still, I think I'd go back.

For me, my one and done places...

San Angel - Like most said, great atmosphere, food was "eh" at best. I respect keeping the menu on the shorter side (advice from Gordon Ramsay to many restaurant owners), but to me even that menu lacked enough choices to my liking. The only real thing I totally disliked about the place was how close together the tables are. I'm sure the couple sitting next to us with our two young children probably felt the same way... but that's story for another time.

Rose & Crown - Food wasn't bad, and no complaints, just not somewhere I'd go back to. I can get the Fish & Chips at Yorkshire, and they are phenomenal.

Ohana - A lot of hype and impossible to get reservations. Wasn't impressed.

I can see why people aren't fans of Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace. Having two boys that still love character experiences though, I'm good with them. The kids like the food, and it's not awful.

I know this thread concentrates mostly on Table Service restaurants, but I have to add in Friar's Nook... Partially our own fault. Should have understood that it was a mac & cheese place, but to be honest, they didn't even get that part right! :sad2:

We're taking our extended family next Summer for their first trip, so aside from Friar's Nook, I suppose every option is on the table.

Be Our Guest (Breakfast)-It was good for the early access to the MK with a PPO ressie, but the portion was not what I expected for a "Feast a la Gaston" and didn't wow me with flavor, either. Got stuck in the Rose Room at 8:05 AM, which just added to the strikes against it.

Ohana (Breakfast)-Standard or worse breakfast food, weird service, and felt rushed during the meal. We enjoyed dinner here, but I'll never deal with trying to get a breakfast reservation there again.

Hollywood and Vine - characters were cute, but very slow to come around. Food was not good. We are not picky and all had trouble finding decent enough food to fill our bellies. And the price with the F! Package was insane for that food/experience. By far the worst Disney dining experience we've had.

Coral Reef - neat atmosphere, but menu/food did not impress. Nothing bad, just not special.

Via Napoli - would consider trying it again, since it gets mostly good reviews, but I'm in no hurry to return. Food was just ok.

Yak and Yeti - may hit this one up again sometime d/t lack of table service places in AK, but none of us was impressed with any of the entrees. (Dessert potstickers were delicious though!)

Ohana bfast - bfast food was bland and uninspired. Characters were just okay. Much prefer other character meals. (Love Ohana dinner though!)

Narcoosee's - we went on the dining plan. Would never spend $70 on that quality of food without it! Maybe would give it another try with the dining plan. Neither the surf and turf or the famed almond cheesecake were anything to write home about.

Yachtsman steakhouse - not sure if my dad was given the wrong cut or just a bad cut, but his steak looked awful. So bad he sent it back. Neither mine nor DH's steak were cooked to the correct temperature, but we didn't want to send those back too after my dad already sent his back. Overall a big disappointment especially for what it cost.

CRT and Mama Melrose.

I know character meals aren't 'fine dining' and maybe I just had too high of expectations for eating in the castle but our experience was mediocre at best. Loud, chaotic, rushed character interactions and the food wasn't that great. Not magical at all. We won't go back but it'll save us some money next trip!

Mama Melrose was the worst meal of our trip. I love Italian food and was so looking forward to it but once was enough. We waited forever to be seated, our waitress was grumpy and we all felt sick after eating the less than stellar food. Once and done!

Mama Melrose worst experience EVER, from 1 hour wait to get in to terrible food

Narcoosee's - we went on the dining plan. Would never spend $70 on that quality of food without it! Maybe would give it another try with the dining plan. Neither the surf and turf or the famed almond cheesecake were anything to write home about.
While I didn't put that one on my list (in hopes that the experience improves, since the location is so good), I have to agree that dollar for dollar, my last dinner at Narcoossee's stands out as one of the least satisfactory meals I have ever had. Nothing that I had was bad. It's just that when I got the check, I scratched my head and asked myself "What did I just spend $350 on?" We are not adverse to upscale dining or high-priced meals, and a $300-$400 check is not uncommon. But most of the time when we spend that much, the meal is memorable and world class. At Narcoossee's, it just wasn't.

Chef Mickey's. I've rarely been more disgusted by cold food and lack of general cleanliness. Maybe it was just an off night, but I was so disgusted, we'll never go back.

This is a difficult question because even though I think Cali Grill is overrated, I might go back someday to try it one more time. Same could be said for Coral Reef (we went without kids, so now we would probably take our kids) and Be Our Guest dinner.

I can't see us going to Sci-Fi again unless our kids want to...no point, except for the atmosphere.

I hate to say it, but I probably wouldn't do Artist Point again. We had eaten at every signature (at the time) before Artist Point, and when we finally were staying at WL, we decided to try it. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't great. Kind of subpar in service and food compared to other signatures. At least, that was our experience.

Teppan Edo...everything was super oily and we didn't think the experience was as fun as other people seemed to.

A lot of people are mentioning Narcoosee's...we used the Dining Plan, so the cost (in the moment) wasn't a factor. Food was pretty good, and we really enjoyed the fireworks from the patio. Maybe if we had paid full price for it on the day-of, we would've been less enthused.

Hollywood and Vine - characters were cute, but very slow to come around. Food was not good. We are not picky and all had trouble finding decent enough food to fill our bellies. And the price with the F! Package was insane for that food/experience. By far the worst Disney dining experience we've had.

This! I forgot about H&V.

The Boathouse at DS. Worst. Meal. Ever. We ordered the porterhouse for two. In every other upscale steak house where we've done this, the steak was carved off the bone and sliced into nice serving thickness, so we would each get some of the filet and some of the strip portion (DW gets more filet and I get more strip, but we each sample both). Sometimes this is done tableside, but more commonly, the steak is carved in the kitchen and then reassembled on the bone for presentation. At the Boathouse, I had to carve the steak myself, using the typical lousy steak knife supplied by the restaurant supply houses that seem to have convinced steakhouses that a serrated steak knife will hold an edge forever (another common complaint). By the time the steak is carved, the meat is cold and not particularly appetizing.

Ohana (both breakfast and dinner)
San Angel and Chefs de France (These were both "twice and done". Had to go back to each a second time to confirm that they really were as bad as I remembered, and yep, they were.)

Now that I think about it, Chefs de France was the first restaurant we ever ate in at WDW. We had the DDP, so we both ordered the three course meal. It was good, but looking back we weren't that impressed. DH still says the lobster bisque was good, but the rest of the meal wasn't memorable. We have eaten there once more, with our 2 yr old on our last trip, and again it wasn't that memorable. I don't think we'll ever go back.

The BoatHouse at DS was really expensive for the portion size and not really that good. Won't be going back.
Hollywood Brown Derby, same deal: expensive and food was really bad. Too bad because I really like the atmosphere and our server.
H&V: not bad but not good either

Ohana (although I loved most of the food). We were served UNDER COOKED chicken. I mean it was still clucking when it came to the table.

The restaurant inside Mexico (forgot name). I always go there for the ambiance. The food is not very good. Think I'll skip that one from now on.

Ill probably get a bit of flak for this one but I enjoy dark rides and original concepts. I dont think Test Track is all that good. I remember the original World of Motion which was one of my favorite rides in all of disney. Test Track was a big let down compared to that. The second version of test track I think was superior to the one they have now. I believe the begining of the ride was more about testing the vehicle and was much cooler. I only ride it now because my son enjoys it.

Spirit of Aloha definitely. That was so boring, we all kept looking at our watches, wondering when it would end. Didn't enjoy the food either.
Hoop Dee Doo and Cinderella's Castle were close seconds. Glad we did them once, but once was enough.

Spirit of Aloha definitely. That was so boring, we all kept looking at our watches, wondering when it would end. Didn't enjoy the food either.
Hoop Dee Doo and Cinderella's Castle were close seconds. Glad we did them once, but once was enough.

If you've ever been to Hawaii or have an inkling to go sometime in your lifetime then SKIP the Spirit of Aloha show. Its truly BAD IMHO.

Be our guest dinner was very underwhelming. i know it's very popular but one and done for us. service was great and food came out quick but not worth what we paid. 30 min wait to meet the beast put the nail in the coffin. on the other hand, we LOVE BOG lunch.
I agree with this and I didn’t think our service was that great not bad but not what we had at other sit downs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter